gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:01:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #27 Winner: Good Timin'  (Read 108845 times)
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »

At present I count:

15 votes for Baby Blue
17 votes for Good Timin'

Come on Denny fans, get voting!! Angel Come Home voters: dig Dennis? Change that vote!! After this he dies, so it's now or never...

He may win for My Diane... possibly... But Baby Blue really pretty much is his one shot at a slot in Super Survivor.

He didn't write My Diane. Was God Only Knows a win for Carl?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »

At present I count:

15 votes for Baby Blue
17 votes for Good Timin'

Come on Denny fans, get voting!! Angel Come Home voters: dig Dennis? Change that vote!! After this he dies, so it's now or never...

He may win for My Diane... possibly... But Baby Blue really pretty much is his one shot at a slot in Super Survivor.

He didn't write My Diane. Was God Only Knows a win for Carl?

True. I keep forgetting that Brian wrote this one. It just sounds so dennis-esque to me.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

Ok, changing my vote from ACH to Baby Blue.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »

Baby Blue.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »

It's 17 each to Baby Blue and Good Timin'

Exciting stuff!  Cheesy
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »

Good Timin'

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »

It's 17 each to Baby Blue and Good Timin'

Exciting stuff!  Cheesy

Just went back and changed my vote to Baby Blue.  I like it and Angel Come Home more than Good Timin'.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »

BABY BLUE

With. Out. A. Doubt. It's a masterpiece.

Sure, Good Timin' is lovely and full of great harmonies, but it really doesn't compare to Baby Blue which is just such an amazingly crafted, beautiful piece of work. It's just absolutely stunning. When I first played it to my girlfriend, she cried.

It really will be pretty shitty if we get to the end of these Survivor rounds and Dennis doesn't win a single one. He was such a talented and original songwriter.

Agreed all the way. It was sad that he lost the 20/20 round, tragic that he lost the Sunflower round, and absolutely devastating that he lost the Odds and Ends Round. If Denny doesn't win this round, I don't know what my reaction will be...
Baby Blue is still not quite as good as Love Surrounds Me (Baby Blue is the second-best song off this album), but it sure as hell deserves to win now!

As I said earlier, Good Timin' has beautiful singing, but it just feels incomplete. It's got nothing on Baby Blue.

I agree with both of you.  this is supposed to be Denny's decade and he hasn't won yet?  Baby blue is a beautiful song and it's so gentle.  Denny was full of surprises  angel

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »

good timin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
bluesno1fann
« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

BABY BLUE

Sure, Good Timin' is lovely and full of great harmonies, but it really doesn't compare to Baby Blue which is just such an amazingly crafted, beautiful piece of work. It's just absolutely stunning. When I first played it to my girlfriend, she cried.

It really will be pretty shitty if we get to the end of these Survivor rounds and Dennis doesn't win a single one. He was such a talented and original songwriter.

Agreed all the way. It was sad that he lost the 20/20 round, tragic that he lost the Sunflower round, and absolutely devastating that he lost the Odds and Ends Round. If Denny doesn't win this round, I don't know what my reaction will be...
Baby Blue is still not quite as good as Love Surrounds Me (Baby Blue is the second-best song off this album), but it sure as hell deserves to win now!

As I said earlier, Good Timin' has beautiful singing, but it just feels incomplete. It's got nothing on Baby Blue.

I agree with both of you.  this is supposed to be Denny's decade and he hasn't won yet?  Baby blue is a beautiful song and it's so gentle.  Denny was full of surprises  angel

True. It's quite sad that Good Timin' is one vote ahead of Baby Blue. Hopefully Baby Blue will win though. This is Denny's last chance!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »

Good Timin'
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »

What? Here Comes the Night didn't make it?    Afro
Ok, give me Baby Blue

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »

Good Timin'

Best song here.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »

BABY BLUE

I agree with both of you.  this is supposed to be Denny's decade and he hasn't won yet?  Baby blue is a beautiful song and it's so gentle.  Denny was full of surprises  angel

True. It's quite sad that Good Timin' is one vote ahead of Baby Blue. Hopefully Baby Blue will win though. This is Denny's last chance!

I have a feeling some people are voting Good Timin' to make the two of you mad.  LOL
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:53:06 PM by pixletwin » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »

Grin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
bluesno1fann
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »

BABY BLUE

I agree with both of you.  this is supposed to be Denny's decade and he hasn't won yet?  Baby blue is a beautiful song and it's so gentle.  Denny was full of surprises  angel

I have a feeling some people are voting Good Timing to make the two of you mad.  LOL

They should vote sincerely. If what you're saying is correct, it's a bloody disgrace to both themselves and Dennis, and Spite votes should not be counted as legitimate.
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

IMO Little Bird and this are the two occasions that Dennis contributes the best song on an album.
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »

IMO Little Bird and this are the two occasions that Dennis contributes the best song on an album.

IMO2.  Grin

"Baby Blue" has my vote.  I just don't understand you Good-Timin'-folk...Carl sounds wimpy on it (that's the best word I can think of to describe it...).

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:52 PM »

baby blue
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 11, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

Tally in a few hours.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2014, 08:35:32 AM »

technicals, sincere-ilies, unfinished fetishes, wimpy's on vocals - I'll take that one.
simple.
I want Carl to win.
"Good Timin'"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:37:31 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »

Baby Blue in the lead!! Let's get that tally in now  Cheesy
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2014, 09:39:32 AM »

SO tempted to change my ineffectual vote for Angel Come Home to Good Timin'............just to stir the pot...

But I won't, on principle. I vote for the song I like best, period.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »

Vote ends now (perhaps temporarily).

I count both Baby Blue and GOod Timin' at 21 votes each.

I'll recount.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »

Is the first survivor thread where people were openly campaigning for votes?  police

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx