gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:35:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alex Chilton (Cover) - My Rival  (Read 1753 times)
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2014, 04:02:02 AM »

Recorded this for an Alex tribute thing if anyone would like a listen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atMgB2-1wLY

Cover of "My Rival" taken from the album "Like Flies on Sherbert" by Alex Chilton

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »

Mike,  You picked another Great one to cover!  Nice guitar tone.  What Chilton "thing" are you referring to?  I've been a fan of his since I was a teenager.  Seen him live a number of  times, including when he reformed The Box Tops in, (was it 2007?) - have to look it up.  Time passes so quickly.
While I was there checked some of the other tunes on your channel.  Listened to your Nilsson/Hartford track again.  Soothing over here in non-Smileyland.  A good get-away from all the negativity on the main board lately.  I'm trying not to go off on any rants, but the moaning gets to be a bit much.  Too many posters don't seem to like The Beach Boys much.
Anyway, you are definitely one of the best posting in the music section.  Did you write "It's You" or should I know that song?  Didn't say it was a cover.   Good Luck, and keep adding tracks.  peace Brother Woody, Will
EDIT:  Looked it up.  The Box Tops shows were 7 August 2005 at The Ulster County Fair in New Paltz, NY.  2 shows, I stayed for both.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:44:05 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:53 AM »

Mike,  You picked another Great one to cover!  Nice guitar tone.  What Chilton "thing" are you referring to?  I've been a fan of his since I was a teenager.  Seen him live a number of  times, including when he reformed The Box Tops in, (was it 2007?) - have to look it up.  Time passes so quickly.
While I was there checked some of the other tunes on your channel.  Listened to your Nilsson/Hartford track again.  Soothing over here in non-Smileyland.  A good get-away from all the negativity on the main board lately.  I'm trying not to go off on any rants, but the moaning gets to be a bit much.  Too many posters don't seem to like The Beach Boys much.
Anyway, you are definitely one of the best posting in the music section.  Did you write "It's You" or should I know that song?  Didn't say it was a cover.   Good Luck, and keep adding tracks.  peace Brother Woody, Will

Thanks Will. Its for a tribute radio show broadcast every year around the anniversary of Alex's death. I think the "It's You" you are referring to was written by another Mike who posts as "FOTM".

Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »

Damned good. Love the original and your cover.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »

Damned good. Love the original and your cover.

Thanks Outtasight! appreciate it  Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx