gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:56:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Monkees Fan  (Read 11133 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2015, 11:41:13 PM »

Monkee bashing continues among people of a certain age because the group didn't come together organically the way bands were supposed to, they didn't play on the records at the start, and they were the faves of the teen magazines. This argument is old, I'm tired of laying out the defense for the Monkees, if you don't like their music, don't listen to it. If you hate the tv show, don't watch it.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »

I did NOT say that Davy Jones was a jerk.  

No, you just implied it, dumped ass all over his career, refused to give evidence and f***ed off. Like a sterling, classy person who should be seen as a great barometer for baseless and unsolicited judgement calls on much beloved dead performers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:41:06 AM by elnombre » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »

I'm pacing the floor.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »

I'm pacing the floor.

Stick with what you're good at, as they say.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »

Monkee bashing continues among people of a certain age because the group didn't come together organically the way bands were supposed to, they didn't play on the records at the start, and they were the faves of the teen magazines. This argument is old, I'm tired of laying out the defense for the Monkees, if you don't like their music, don't listen to it. If you hate the tv show, don't watch it.

People love to be negative. The whole Internet is that way.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »

Which leads to people defending their positions time and time again. Feels like I've been defending the Monkees - and the Beach Boys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, etc - all my life. You can't win an argument like this. People already have their minds made up, mostly based on misinformation, there's no chance of persuading them that they might be wrong.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2015, 06:40:53 AM »

Which leads to people defending their positions time and time again. Feels like I've been defending the Monkees - and the Beach Boys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, etc - all my life. You can't win an argument like this. People already have their minds made up, mostly based on misinformation, there's no chance of persuading them that they might be wrong.

What pisses me off is that these imbeciles feel the need to blarp out their crap at every available opportunity. Hmmm, a Monkees thread...who's going to  be posting in that. Do you suppose, perhaps....Monkees fans? So what, one guy who hates them thinks he's going to change everyone's opinions or something?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »

What pisses me off is that these imbeciles feel the need to blarp out their crap at every available opportunity. Hmmm, a Monkees thread...who's going to  be posting in that. Do you suppose, perhaps....Monkees fans? So what, one guy who hates them thinks he's going to change everyone's opinions or something?
It happens all the time. I had a friend when i was a kid who talked like everyone else's opinions were worthless; his opinions, though, were 'fact', 'gospel'. Eventually I got tired of it and told him to get lost.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »

Bunch of girls. LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:32 PM »

Bunch of girls. LOL

What's yer problem with females?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx