-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Oops
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops  (Read 87731 times)
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2016, 08:52:21 AM »

One benefit is now all of the members who disrespected this board, people on this board, and ignored or disregarded the rules of this board repeatedly and were banned have been welcomed with open arms at another forum. So anyone who wants to whitewash or scrub down the past 10 years of history that led to whatever bans were issued and act like none of it happened, you know the address.

I'd skipped it, so far, other than to look once at the beginning and see who the members were.  "Guaranteed no trolls, f*ckwits and sh*tweasels" - that's hilarious, given the founding members of that place.  I'm still waiting for that personal invitation to join that others on SS were getting, though.  LOL

I understand they've been on their good behavior so far to attract new members.  I remain - shall we say - skeptical?

Well, I just read that link posted here just to see what the reference was and there I was, on that adorable board.  Good behavior?  Of course not, just ban anyone who disagrees.  Pathetic.

You mean Andrew Doe, John Manning, and Alan Smith never sent you an invite among all the invites they sent? Well, I'm shocked and stunned!  Grin

Why do folks think they need an invite to join the board?  I'm only asking because it keeps getting brought up here and seems to be an issue.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »

One benefit is now all of the members who disrespected this board, people on this board, and ignored or disregarded the rules of this board repeatedly and were banned have been welcomed with open arms at another forum. So anyone who wants to whitewash or scrub down the past 10 years of history that led to whatever bans were issued and act like none of it happened, you know the address.

I'd skipped it, so far, other than to look once at the beginning and see who the members were.  "Guaranteed no trolls, f*ckwits and sh*tweasels" - that's hilarious, given the founding members of that place.  I'm still waiting for that personal invitation to join that others on SS were getting, though.  LOL

I understand they've been on their good behavior so far to attract new members.  I remain - shall we say - skeptical?

Well, I just read that link posted here just to see what the reference was and there I was, on that adorable board.  Good behavior?  Of course not, just ban anyone who disagrees.  Pathetic.

You mean Andrew Doe, John Manning, and Alan Smith never sent you an invite among all the invites they sent? Well, I'm shocked and stunned!  Grin

Why do folks think they need an invite to join the board?  I'm only asking because it keeps getting brought up here and seems to be an issue.

Consider this too: Why were these members the ones sending invites and doing promotional posts on several media to get people to sign up there instead of the moderators and admins doing it for their own board? Then, at least one of those actively promoting that board and sending invites posts as one of the first discussions there a thread full of passive aggressive swipes at this board, and aimed at specific people here. Must be something at stake that's not being mentioned.

If a new burger joint opens, I'd expect the owners and those with some stake in the operation like the managers to be the ones spearheading the effort to promote it and invite others to come in before it opens. I wouldn't expect the regular customer off the street who came in for a burger and fries every week at the "old" burger joint in town to start sending invitations to the customers of the old place to come in and try the new joint, and start taking out ads on his own initiative advertising the new burger joint unless there was something more at stake than a new burger joint opening.

I haven't had a good burger for awhile, I'm overdue.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:51:26 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »

Craig, please, ease up before your blood pressure gets the better of you.

I was honoured to receive an early invite to the board shortly after it was foundered. I checked it out, liked what I saw, and invited a few folk I regard as friends and others I'd had pleasant dealings with here and elsewhere. I'd've invited plenty more if I'd had the time but I have a job, two young kids and four new copies of Pet Sounds to listen to, so time is limited.

I've no investment there, no vested interest. I'm not an admin or a mod, nor am I paying for hosting or a thing. I just like it there.

Debbie I'm really sorry you weren't one of those who received an invite from anyone but, as has been stated, it's a very open place and everyone seems to be made welcome.

Craig, have you considered joining? Without the burden of moderation, you might find it a chilled experience. I'm enjoying posting there without having to consider whether my posts will bring out a tirade of ridicule or abuse, or whether I might be added to a watch list.

Gotta go, the Mrs has chores for me.

“We live in divisive times.”
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2016, 12:43:50 PM »

I was honoured to receive an early invite to the board shortly after it was foundered. I checked it out, liked what I saw, and invited a few folk I regard as friends and others I'd had pleasant dealings with here and elsewhere. I'd've invited plenty more if I'd had the time but I have a job, two young kids and four new copies of Pet Sounds to listen to, so time is limited.

I've no investment there, no vested interest. I'm not an admin or a mod, nor am I paying for hosting or a thing. I just like it there.

Debbie I'm really sorry you weren't one of those who received an invite from anyone but, as has been stated, it's a very open place and everyone seems to be made welcome.

Craig, have you considered joining? Without the burden of moderation, you might find it a chilled experience. I'm enjoying posting there without having to consider whether my posts will bring out a tirade of ridicule or abuse, or whether I might be added to a watch list.

Okay, I'm impressed with how you conveniently missed the irony in my comments about the new board, Lt. Manning.  It was meant to be humorous.  Yeah, I really want to hang out with Mikie, Mike's Beard, VJH, and others - no doubt Nicko is there under some new name, too.  What a fun group.  If there are pm's, I'll bet they're delectable.  I'll be skipping it. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »

Why would I post there, John, or want to be a part of it? The fact remains that lies and malicious comments were spread here on Smiley to who knows how many people via PM about Brian's wife, kids, and marriage, along with disgusting comments about other board members. And now these people are being welcomed and embraced at this new forum?

I was also lied about and blamed for things I simply did not do, and guys like your new admin have simply refused to admit the truth is actually the truth after being told how things happened by the actual people involved repeatedly for months. Some of those also welcomed back were part of a fucking campaign to discredit me and bash me that went across several boards and social media, and ultimately the plot failed. And it will continue to fail because they're liars. So much for the campaign to have a free election for mods here, after one of those involved (also welcomed back) didn't use spell-check.

Now do you seriously think after being involved in all of this for over a decade with assorted boards and forums that I watched implode that I don't have an inkling at what's going on here?

If there were a bit of honesty involved in how it all suddenly came to be that a new board appeared after Lee Dempsey quit in a huff once he heard Andrew Doe was banned, after Steve Mayo and/or Forrest Gump started posting about deleting posts only to find it was all coming from the same place, after another regular poster registered as a fake name and account and basically lied to my face...

Then suddenly a new board shows up, where Andrew Doe was taking a role in promoting it and inviting people to it, both privately and publicly, where you and Alan Smith were doing the same things after being two of the most vocal critics against me and who were advocating for my removal or replacement, and after we now have Lee's partner in ESQ David Beard going on a radio interview and promoting both Andrew Doe and this new board as the go-to place for Beach boys information...after finding out what was found out with this PM campaign or whatever you want to call it to bash Melinda Wilson and anyone else who Andrew had issues with...

It's sick stuff, man. That's all I can say.

If you expect people to conveniently whitewash the history and forget about all that has gone down, and say "We have a new board which is *the* source for Beach Boys news and information", and among the contributors and most prominent members and posters are people who have been caught lying and gossiping about everything from people's marriages and personal lives to who they actually are versus setting up alias accounts on numerous fan forums, then they have to either go along with the whitewash and hit the "reset" button and suddenly believe all of this is clean, or ask how and why all of this suddenly came together after Andrew's ban on this forum and yet another failed attempt to remove what certain elements tried to blame as the reason why this board was "ruined".

If honesty has been the order of the day, that's fine. But these things do not just happen randomly. How about a little honesty that runs as deep as the whole thing actually runs versus trying to put a facade on everything to make it more palatable?

The go-to place for Beach Boys information? Hardly.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2016, 02:08:10 PM »

and after we now have Lee's partner in ESQ David Beard going on a radio interview and promoting both Andrew Doe and this new board as the go-to place for Beach boys information...

Whoa...did not know this...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2016, 02:14:09 PM »

and after we now have Lee's partner in ESQ David Beard going on a radio interview and promoting both Andrew Doe and this new board as the go-to place for Beach boys information...

Click on this link and listen: https://youtu.be/-2afqQbKySs?t=39m41s

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »

Well, you tried.  And thanks for your support yesterday.  I've felt like I was in a Twitter flash-fire war these past few days at Smiley.

I will post here, PSF, John K's place, and maybe one of these days join BBB.  It is being made too big a deal of.  Enjoy life.  Get back to writing about the music you love.  That's what it's all about.

I'm spending too much time in the Sandbox.  Lately it has been my first stop when I log-in.  Out of necessity. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »

I'm spending too much time in the Sandbox.  Lately it has been my first stop when I log-in.  Out of necessity. -Will

I love the Sandbox: basketball, politics, MS Paint art, food, booze, all good stuff! Incessant bickering about controversies only a few people care about and fewer still even can follow (with all the "you know what you did" or "remember back when so-and-so said such-and-such")? Not so much. No, the threads about whodunit--which they all seem to become lately--make even those of us with no axes to grind feel less like hanging around.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »

I didn't get that far into the interview before just skipping it because of the nonsense about "Pet Sounds" that he was promoting.  Unbelievable.   
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2016, 06:20:36 PM »

Why would I post there, John, or want to be a part of it? The fact remains that lies and malicious comments were spread here on Smiley to who knows how many people via PM about Brian's wife, kids, and marriage, along with disgusting comments about other board members. And now these people are being welcomed and embraced at this new forum?

I was also lied about and blamed for things I simply did not do, and guys like your new admin have simply refused to admit the truth is actually the truth after being told how things happened by the actual people involved repeatedly for months. Some of those also welcomed back were part of a fucking campaign to discredit me and bash me that went across several boards and social media, and ultimately the plot failed. And it will continue to fail because they're liars. So much for the campaign to have a free election for mods here, after one of those involved (also welcomed back) didn't use spell-check.

Now do you seriously think after being involved in all of this for over a decade with assorted boards and forums that I watched implode that I don't have an inkling at what's going on here?

If there were a bit of honesty involved in how it all suddenly came to be that a new board appeared after Lee Dempsey quit in a huff once he heard Andrew Doe was banned, after Steve Mayo and/or Forrest Gump started posting about deleting posts only to find it was all coming from the same place, after another regular poster registered as a fake name and account and basically lied to my face...

Then suddenly a new board shows up, where Andrew Doe was taking a role in promoting it and inviting people to it, both privately and publicly, where you and Alan Smith were doing the same things after being two of the most vocal critics against me and who were advocating for my removal or replacement, and after we now have Lee's partner in ESQ David Beard going on a radio interview and promoting both Andrew Doe and this new board as the go-to place for Beach boys information...after finding out what was found out with this PM campaign or whatever you want to call it to bash Melinda Wilson and anyone else who Andrew had issues with...

If you expect people to conveniently whitewash the history and forget about all that has gone down, and say "We have a new board which is *the* source for Beach Boys news and information", and among the contributors and most prominent members and posters are people who have been caught lying and gossiping about everything from people's marriages and personal lives to who they actually are versus setting up alias accounts on numerous fan forums, then they have to either go along with the whitewash and hit the "reset" button and suddenly believe all of this is clean, or ask how and why all of this suddenly came together after Andrew's ban on this forum and yet another failed attempt to remove what certain elements tried to blame as the reason why this board was "ruined".

If honesty has been the order of the day, that's fine. But these things do not just happen randomly. How about a little honesty that runs as deep as the whole thing actually runs versus trying to put a facade on everything to make it more palatable?

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »

Great post, GF.  Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2016, 07:39:02 AM »

Great post, GF.  Thumbs Up

What a surprise.  Well, not to anyone paying attention.  Congrats, Mr. Love on your new board.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2016, 11:18:50 AM »

Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »

That's the thing that bothers me, especially the thing with the fake accounts. That sadly seems to be happening more and more often, and I'm tired of it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »

Perhaps the ability t o register to this board should be temporarily disabled?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »

I dunno. I've gone back through the last four pages - which is all I can tolerate - and I don't see new posters or those posting under an alias that's the problem
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

I dunno. I've gone back through the last four pages - which is all I can tolerate - and I don't see new posters or those posting under an alias that's the problem
It's not in this thread.  But, yes, these duplicate accounts are definitely becoming a problem, especially when said fake/dup account exists only to cause trouble. Taking Forrest Gump out of the equation (let's say he's telling the truth where every single post he made just so happened to be on a now-former member's computer), you have China Pig and ZenobiaUnchained, just to name two people (and yes, there are more).  One is a banned member, the other is one of the ones who was leaving by choice. You know what? I respect the former a whole lot more, because at least they got caught and fessed up to it. The latter type. to me, is cowardly. If you are leaving because you don't like the way the board is going, and you want to come back to let off a parting shot...do it under your known screen name. Own your words. Be a man/woman/whatever and claim it. Don't hide behind a different account like that.

Perhaps the ability t o register to this board should be temporarily disabled?

That may be an option, but one I hope we never have to use. I really hate the thought of that.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2016, 02:50:57 PM »

Taking Forrest Gump out of the equation (let's say he's telling the truth where every single post he made just so happened to be on a now-former member's computer), you have China Pig and ZenobiaUnchained, just to name two people (and yes, there are more).  One is a banned member, the other is one of the ones who was leaving by choice. You know what? I respect the former a whole lot more, because at least they got caught and fessed up to it. The latter type. to me, is cowardly. If you are leaving because you don't like the way the board is going, and you want to come back to let off a parting shot...do it under your known screen name. Own your words. Be a man/woman/whatever and claim it. Don't hide behind a different account like that.

Really? Now that explains a lot! Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: