-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Oops
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops  (Read 87744 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »

Would it be too much to ask why members other than Steve Mayo have chosen to remove scans and other media from this board? Are they going to the other board for a reason other than what this appears to be about?

For members - fans here - with no skin in this or any other game, just my own two cents, that's a pretty crappy thing to do if it was done out of spite, unless the links simply expired and the URL's on the photo hosts changed and haven't been updated.

Since I was mentioned previously:  
Think of them as pieces loaned to a museum exhibition.
I don't like the direction the current Board of Directors, so to speak, has taken the SS board, and I've decided to remove my mueseum exhibits
The pictures I removed are mine only. Ownership of them was never deeded to this board( Hey Jude), and as such, I've taken them back.
Whether you think what I've done is immaterial.
Images of my collection belong to me.
You want the images,HEY,  buy the collection. Then you can decide to post them yourself, or not

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »

You really don't read very well, Mr. Manning, don't you? I said very clearly that it's said in the new forum.
john, feelsflow keeps silent because he knows he said that. Since you check that place, check his posts, go back to 3rd page, post from May 31, 2016, at 12:59am.

Quote from: Will Harris
And obviously, as the SS haters can register here, this board unfortunately needs an ignore button too.

Charles, Billy and GF,  I don't know where she is getting this. If you don't mind, I would like to capture this.  I will try to sort this out.
What's "Charles, Billy and GF" got to do with this? Seriously, at least if you quote my post, read what I *actually* said there. john said he checks the NEW forum & he asked me "Please remind me where he said that". I distinctly remembered that post re "SS haters". It was one of the 1st posts when that forum began. To make it clear, I tell you where to find it. coordinates, so to speak. feelsflow at the NEW forum goes by name "Will Harris". I checked his page & copy-pasted with no editing what he exactly said there to answer john's question.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »

You really don't read very well, Mr. Manning, don't you? I said very clearly that it's said in the new forum.
john, feelsflow keeps silent because he knows he said that. Since you check that place, check his posts, go back to 3rd page, post from May 31, 2016, at 12:59am.

And obviously, as the SS haters can register here, this board unfortunately needs an ignore button too.

Charles, Billy and GF,  I don't know where she is getting this. If you don't mind, I would like to capture this.  I will try to sort this out.
What's "Charles, Billy and GF" got to do with this? Seriously, at least if you quote my post, read what I *actually* said there. john said he checks the NEW forum & he asked me "Please remind me where he said that". I distinctly remembered that post re "SS haters". It was one of the 1st posts when that forum began. To make it clear, I tell you where to find it. coordinates, so to speak. feelsflow at the NEW forum goes by name "Will Harris". I checked his page & copy-pasted with no editing what he exactly said there to answer john's question.

Charles, Billy and GF,  I am about to contact the administrators of the Pet Sounds Forum, which is what I can only guess RRA1 is referring to as "NEW" forum.  Could you ask her to supply this "Quote" with an actual link, a clickable link.  If it lights up "blue" maybe I could find it.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »

I like how you quote my post & address this question to the mods here. This is link: http://beachboys.boards.net/thread/35/yknow?page=2

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »

Well, here's your post, and nowhere does it mention the new forum. To be frank I wasn't aware you'd started visiting it, let alone monitoring it so closely.

john, I said many times but it fell on deaf ears that when this topic was in the Welcome, the posters deleted their posts. He implied it's done by the mods. & I told him you deleted your posts yourself. The way he talks to you "john k, this thread has become the strangest [...] Posts appear, sometimes for a mere few hours before being deleted" etc. as if he didn't think in the slightest that you could delete the posts too.
Besides, john, is it OK for you that Will referred to the Smiley members "SS haters"?

It's great to see my innocuous topic being put to such good (and positive) use. :=)
See, feelsflow? I was right, john is easygoing & he didn't mind it being moved here.
cc

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2016, 01:49:02 PM »

Would it be too much to ask why members other than Steve Mayo have chosen to remove scans and other media from this board? Are they going to the other board for a reason other than what this appears to be about?

For members - fans here - with no skin in this or any other game, just my own two cents, that's a pretty crappy thing to do if it was done out of spite, unless the links simply expired and the URL's on the photo hosts changed and haven't been updated.

I don't like the direction the current Board of Directors, so to speak, has taken the SS board, and I've decided to remove my mueseum exhibits
The pictures I removed are mine only. Ownership of them was never deeded to this board( Hey Jude), and as such, I've taken them back.
You want the images,HEY,  buy the collection. Then you can decide to post them yourself, or not

Coming from someone who came back on this board to post and call me "guitarstool" and accuse me of twisting the facts, I'm not surprised. Enjoy curating your museum.

But it's all about the music, right? Have fun with the liars, they're guaranteed to tell you what you want to hear.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »

I like how you quote my post & address this question to the mods here. This is link: http://beachboys.boards.net/thread/35/yknow?page=2

That is a heartwarming thread to read, but considering who is behind the whole thing, I'm not surprised at all. At least there is a place to go if anyone wants to hear dirt about Brian and Melinda's kids, the source is holding court.

Thanks for posting that thread, very educational. I had not seen that until now.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2016, 01:58:39 PM »

This is the post tree in question, just to settle this as far as the discussion here. It definitely appears that Will used the term "SS haters", and if there are issues with formatting and the board's quote function, address it to the people who run that board. I mean those who actually run the board as in mods and admins, not the "higher ups".

Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator, wearing my mod gear as I type this message.

>>>>>>

Y'know what this place needs ?
May 30 2016 at 10:59am
Post Options
Post by Will Harris on May 30 2016 at 10:59am
Micha Avatar
May 30 2016 at 5:11am Micha said:
johnmanning Avatar
May 29 2016 at 6:57am johnmanning said:
I think it's very important that Supermod wears his underpants outside his baggies.
I think it's very important that Supermod wears mod gear. Smiley

>>>>>>

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2016, 02:03:59 PM »

Mr. Manning, I assumed that when you check a thread, you read every post. In Reply No.160, I mentioned new forum in connection to feelsflow's "SS haters" remark. I assumed reading that, you'd understand where that comment was said. & I don't know why john k asked me remind that as it's his thread & I assumed he would know what I'm talking about. I repeated it many times. As to your last bit, I, once again, read the new forum 1st few days since Charles Le Page started thread about it. & as I said, that post & topic was among the 1st there. It stuck in mind.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »

You want the images,HEY,  buy the collection. Then you can decide to post them yourself, or not

Coming from someone who came back on this board to post and call me "guitarstool" and accuse me of twisting the facts, I'm not surprised. Enjoy curating your museum.

But it's all about the music, right? Have fun with the liars, they're guaranteed to tell you what you want to hear.

That is a heartwarming thread to read, but considering who is behind the whole thing, I'm not surprised at all. At least there is a place to go if anyone wants to hear dirt about Brian and Melinda's kids, the source is holding court.

Thanks for posting that thread, very educational. I had not seen that until now.

This is the post tree in question, just to settle this as far as the discussion here. It definitely appears that Will used the term "SS haters", and if there are issues with formatting and the board's quote function, address it to the people who run that board. I mean those who actually run the board as in mods and admins, not the "higher ups".

Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood Super Moderator, wearing my mod gear as I type this message.

>>>>>>

Post Options
Micha Avatar
johnmanning Avatar
I think it's very important that Supermod wears his underpants outside his baggies.

>>>>>>

You and the russian are evidently both illiterate twats: following the thread on the PS forum back to page 1 you 'll find the original post by micha was the post mentioning ss haters.
 But of course you couldn't be bothered with checking the facts on account of you're the "know it all I won't let anything go without proving I'm right about everything and if you don't like it I'll sermon you to death,  and ruin the board for everyone" mod. 

>>  http://petsoundsforum.com/post/403 <<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »

you and the russian are evidently both illiterate twats:

Uncalled for.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »

You want the images,HEY,  buy the collection. Then you can decide to post them yourself, or not

Signed,

>>>>>>

Post Options
Micha Avatar
johnmanning Avatar

>>>>>>

You and the russian are evidently both illiterate twats: following the thread on the PS forum back to page 1 you 'll find the original post by micha was the post mentioning ss haters.
 But of course you couldn't be bothered with checking the facts on account of you're the "know it all I won't let anything go without proving I'm right about everything and if you don't like it I'll sermon you to death,  and ruin the board for everyone" mod. 

>>  http://petsoundsforum.com/post/403 <<

I posted those quotes because it *looked* like Will posted it to people reading it, I did not say he DID, and I said specifically if there were issues with the quote function on that board, address it to the people on the other board who deal with those issues.

Now go back to talking with your insiders and get the new company line to spread around, since you've already beaten the issues that I post too long and have ruined the board into the ground. Get your own fact checker who can't seem to get his own facts straight to go over it first.

Illiterate twat? Real class, there, Chris. Real fucking class. I hope you give the bullshitters free admission coupons to your museum. Maybe you can get Mike's Beard and Mikie to give a lecture on how to treat people like sh*t.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »

you and the russian are evidently both illiterate twats:

Uncalled for.

I'll address it. I'm sick of guys like this acting like idiots and getting away with it, across the board(s). Give, and ye shall receive. Tired of this sh*t.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

He could have been banned during any number of his blow-ups with Mikie in the past, but wasn't, so he's still at it. I guess it's a slow day at the museum.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2016, 03:26:15 PM »

Signed,

>>>>>>

Post Options
Micha Avatar
johnmanning Avatar

>>>>>>

That is not my quote, and it took me awhile to find it.  It is not in my post history at PSF.  She, and now you are looking at a thread that was quickly locked.  And rightly so.  Your post tree shows that I was using a post option, not making a post.  GF, did you go yourself to look at the post?  It was Micha, a poster who posts here under the same name, that made the post, and said what she is claiming I said.  If you can see what I see as a PSF member, it is very obvious what I did write, and you conveniently didn't quote it here.  My post was:  "Okay, that didn't work.  What I was trying to say... Well, he has a xtc button."  That was referring to Bubbly Waves, and nothing to do with Smiley.  Even that was not a post.  It is stuck down in a "Reason to edit box."  That was my only option, as I could not see where to post.  I think it was my first try at a post there.  I will discuss this with Dirk and Robert, maybe they can send you a better screenshot.  Charles is a PSF member, he should be able to see it the way it is.

I can only guess the reason John k's Oops thread has been moved to the Sandbox is so stuff like this can flourish.  In case you don't get it, and I don't know how you could, since I have kept it private, like the gentleman I am.   The reason I haven't spoken directly to RangeRoverA1 in over a year is that she wouldn't stop sending me PMs after I politely asked her to stop.  She won't.  She has some kind of fascination for me.  If the rule still stands, it is against board policy to continue to send someone PMs after they ask you to stop.  I didn't want to let the mods in to my PMs.  I didn't really want to cause her to get a ban.  But I do want her to stop saying nasty things about me, that she leaves up long enough, and in places where I will see them - Then deletes them.  My . posts were so I could capture them, nothing more.  She has taken this into the public realm to continue to get my attention.  I don't want to argue or discuss anything with her in public or private.  I can provide the PM where I said that to her if I need to.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »

Signed,

>>>>>>

Post Options
Micha Avatar
johnmanning Avatar

>>>>>>

That is not my quote, and it took me awhile to find it.  It is not in my post history at PSF.  She, and now you are looking at a thread that was quickly locked.  And rightly so.  Your post tree shows that I was using a post option, not making a post.  GF, did you go yourself to look at the post?  It was Micha, a poster who posts here under the same name, that made the post, and said what she is claiming I said.  If you can see what I see as a PSF member, it is very obvious what I did write, and you conveniently didn't quote it here.  My post was:  "Okay, that didn't work.  What I was trying to say... Well, he has a xtc button."  That was referring to Bubbly Waves, and nothing to do with Smiley.  Even that was not a post.  It is stuck down in a "Reason to edit box."  That was my only option, as I could not see where to post.  I think it was my first try at a post there.  I will discuss this with Dirk and Robert, maybe they can send you a better screenshot.  Charles is a PSF member, he should be able to see it the way it is.

I can only guess the reason John k's Oops thread has been moved to the Sandbox is so stuff like this can flourish.  In case you don't get it, and I don't know how you could, since I have kept it private, like the gentleman I am.   The reason I haven't spoken directly to RangeRoverA1 in over a year is that she wouldn't stop sending me PMs after I politely asked her to stop.  She won't.  She has some kind of fascination for me.  If the rule still stands, it is against board policy to continue to send someone PMs after they ask you to stop.  I didn't want to let the mods in to my PMs.  I didn't really want to cause her to get a ban.  But I do want her to stop saying nasty things about me, that she leaves up long enough, and in places where I will see them - Then deletes them.  My . posts were so I could capture them, nothing more.  She has taken this into the public realm to continue to get my attention.  I don't want to argue or discuss anything with her in public or private.  I can provide the PM where I said that to her if I need to.

And I'm saying again, if there is an issue with how quotes are lined up in the other board's mechanism, it should be taken up with them. When I saw the post with 3 quotes, it looked like you said it because of the board layout. It became an issue here, I addressed it here, and yes indeed if there is confusion due to how the other board stacks quotes to where it looked like you said it, then it's an issue they should address, it has nothing to do with this board.

Will: Regarding the PM issue. You can block anyone from sending you a PM. Let me tell you a funny story. Someone with "impeccable sources" and a devotion to fact-checking one time sent me a string of PM messages, then told me in one he was blocking my replies so I shouldn't bother trying. Then he sent a follow up saying he couldn't block my replies. So you can block anyone's PM's except mods and admins.

That would seem to be the best solution.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2016, 03:41:02 PM »

Now I feel stupid - I am sorry for attributing that comment to you, Will. The way that quote looked seemed to be yours, it is very distant from the 1st sentence of Micha's post. That forum looks very inconvenient. And apologies for sending pm's, I just wanted to talk & didn't like losing friendship but EDIT: aside from that, I sent them to defend myself against your accusations & dissection of my posts, that I possibly check your facebook, which you NEVER said you have. & let's not create stuff, OK? "She has some kind of fascination for me" - point me in direction where I showed this "fascination". This is a lie. The only nasty thing I said & deleted was this misunderstanding re "SS haters". What else did I say "nasty"? Are you getting paranoid or what?? Now it's your turn to bring apology.

Meanwhile, sorry,Mr. Manning & john k too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:42:25 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »

I would take the pleas for peace from the other board more seriously if AGD hadn't taken a passive agressive shot at GF on the other board.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

Now I feel stupid - I am sorry for attributing that comment to you, Will. The way that quote looked seemed to be yours, it is very distant from the 1st sentence of Micha's post. And apologies for sending pm's, I just wanted to talk & didn't like losing friendship for weird reason I still don't understand. I won't send & respect your decision. There is no "fascination". The only nasty thing I said & deleted was this misunderstanding re "SS haters". Sorry to cause trouble. Apologies to Mr. Manning & john k too.

That is a reasonable attempt to resolve this. And it seemed to stem in this specific case from an issue with the other board's design and functionality regarding quotes, as I said originally, and if it's an issue then the mods and admins there need to do some plumbing so misunderstandings like this don't happen again.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:45:05 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »

I would take the pleas for peace from the other board more seriously if AGD hadn't taken a passive agressive shot at GF on the other board.

That is who he is, that is what he does, that is what he has been doing since I didn't do what he wanted done regarding the moderation of this board and issues beyond. Did the same thing on BBB, got a whole thread going about how shitty of a mod I was and how I was ruining this board.

Pathetic, isn't it? For me, I look to how the great philosopher Thomas Petty (he of the Heartbreakers) once wrote "I won't back down", especially with this sort of crap.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »

deleted as being irrelevant to the latest inter-board poster issues.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:32:37 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »

One benefit is now all of the members who disrespected this board, people on this board, and ignored or disregarded the rules of this board repeatedly and were banned have been welcomed with open arms at another forum. So anyone who wants to whitewash or scrub down the past 10 years of history that led to whatever bans were issued and act like none of it happened, you know the address.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »

One benefit is now all of the members who disrespected this board, people on this board, and ignored or disregarded the rules of this board repeatedly and were banned have been welcomed with open arms at another forum. So anyone who wants to whitewash or scrub down the past 10 years of history that led to whatever bans were issued and act like none of it happened, you know the address.

I'd skipped it, so far, other than to look once at the beginning and see who the members were.  "Guaranteed no trolls, f*ckwits and sh*tweasels" - that's hilarious, given the founding members of that place.  I'm still waiting for that personal invitation to join that others on SS were getting, though.  LOL

I understand they've been on their good behavior so far to attract new members.  I remain - shall we say - skeptical?

Well, I just read that link posted here just to see what the reference was and there I was, on that adorable board.  Good behavior?  Of course not, just ban anyone who disagrees.  Pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:14:01 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2016, 06:22:53 PM »

I'd skipped it, so far, other than to look once at the beginning and see who the members were.  "Guaranteed no trolls, f*ckwits and sh*tweasels" - that's hilarious, given the founding members of that place.  I'm still waiting for that personal invitation to join that others on SS were getting, though.  LOL

I understand they've been on their good behavior so far to attract new members.  I remain - shall we say - skeptical?

Well, I just read that link posted here just to see what the reference was and there I was, on that adorable board.  Good behavior?  Of course not, just ban anyone who disagrees.  Pathetic.

You mean Andrew Doe, John Manning, and Alan Smith never sent you an invite among all the invites they sent? Well, I'm shocked and stunned!  Grin

It's ironic, isn't it? That link spoke volumes. Ban those who disagree, which is what I caught major sh*t for doing here even though it was a lie and was proven to never have happened, but now it already happened on, what, the first week of the new forum.

Toe that line, over there. Gotta keep 'em in line.

But again, for those who want to whitewash all of the issues of the past that got these people banned, you know the address.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2016, 08:10:02 PM »

.          Bottom of the Barrel Board would suffice so much better than PS.   Evil

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: