-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:03:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Oops
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops  (Read 87753 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:30 AM »

What's the real thing is I also found the old Male Ego subforum that we had for a brief period of time. Man, all of this stuff is archived!

And what is darkly hilarious is I found this quite by accident, in a thread named 'oops'

Wow. That's amazing. No end to what this thread is good for.

It also serves as a reminder to us to think before posting, as even the deleted stuff can come back to haunt us.

As for mentioning the newly created board: If I quote something from Bellagio or Steve Hoffman I acknowledge the source. After all, someone else has done the legwork and they should get the credit. But what I'll do is describe it as I described the Capitol Board after I'd left, as being "across the road". Vague for those who prefer it that way, quite clear for everyone else.

Will, great to have you drop in here and air your thoughts (even if they're . ). This is a safe haven----a place to discuss just about anything "in an atmosphere of calm". :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:36 AM »

It also serves as a reminder to us to think before posting, as even the deleted stuff can come back to haunt us.

As for mentioning the newly created board: [...] But what I'll do is describe it as I described the Capitol Board after I'd left, as being "across the road". Vague for those who prefer it that way, quite clear for everyone else.
Respectively:
Maybe "wow" for some but I'm sure Billy just said it, he won't re-post it.

Ditto deleted stuff, I don't think he said he will re-post every deleted post in its place to "haunt" us. At least in my case, I didn't delete posts which were bad/offensive, I did it to minimize the post count.

Thank you, john, I knew we can work it out. Yes, describe it as "across the road". How about editing your post in the "What you listen" thread I replied to?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2016, 10:29:45 PM »

What's the real thing is I also found the old Male Ego subforum that we had for a brief period of time. Man, all of this stuff is archived!

And what is darkly hilarious is I found this quite by accident, in a thread named 'oops'

As for mentioning the newly created board: If I quote something from Bellagio or Steve Hoffman I acknowledge the source. After all, someone else has done the legwork and they should get the credit. But what I'll do is describe it as I described the Capitol Board after I'd left, as being "across the road". Vague for those who prefer it that way, quite clear for everyone else.

Will, great to have you drop in here and air your thoughts (even if they're . ). This is a safe haven----a place to discuss just about anything "in an atmosphere of calm". :=)

Better capture this one, too.  It's .(dot) that I don't care...  thanks for the invitation.  Did you get a kick out of all the commotion while you were sleeping last night?  And I'm always in an atmosphere of calm.  I lived through the 60's, man. LOL
-Will  We need one of those hiding under a chair emoticons. Brian's Trip  Will that do in a pinch?

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2016, 07:17:37 AM »

The only person going back and modifying Steve's posts and threads is Steve, and the only one who was talking about it here was the mysterious "Forrest Gump" until Steve told everyone what he was doing on another forum.

Unless there is a bug in the system, as has been explained already the members here cannot delete a post or a thread, at least in the main forums and groups here. If there are sub-forums where this is possible, it could have slipped by and it will be looked at.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2016, 07:40:52 AM »

And please, john and everybody, let's not discuss the pet sounds forum. They set (ridiculous) rule never discuss the Smiley board, let's do the same…

…what I'll do is describe it as I described the Capitol Board after I'd left, as being "across the road". Vague for those who prefer it that way, quite clear for everyone else.

LOL

Just been catching up with this thread – a great one to add to the recent saga!

Would the Pet Sounds Forum really need to be referred to in that oblique way? That's really unfortunate and just risks creating a feeling of ill-will, of warring sides, that doesn't really exist. Lots of members post at this board and that board, and there's been no disharmony that I've seen – certainly never seen the ridiculous rule RRA1 refers tro, though I'll go have another look…

Before you know we'll be talking about the "Beach Boys vs Four English gentlemen with stylish hair cuts", or "Hillary Clinton vs That Wild-haired Gentlemen Who Committed Environmental Atrocities in Scotland".  LOL

The language is gradually dispensing with terms that really did ought to be done away with, for the right reasons – sure I don't need to spell them out; it seems crass to resort to declaring something as innocuous as a reference to a message board's name as politically incorrect.

Hi John. Good to see you here. I think what RR was referring to was a call by the PS forum mods not to bring Smiley issues on board----sounds reasonable to me. Personally, I think the dual-board activity among posters is most encouraging. Another thing----no one has been dissed for not joining the PS forum.

Oh, and "across the road" isn't supposed to mean "across the track", lol. I'm just trying to satisfy all parties----which means they'll all be shooting at me before long. Grin 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2016, 07:47:17 AM »

I saw your post here the other day about me rushing through Welcomes at PSF. 

And now I know why----you want a gold star! LOL

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2016, 08:12:37 AM »

And please, john and everybody, let's not discuss the pet sounds forum. They set (ridiculous) rule never discuss the Smiley board, let's do the same…

…what I'll do is describe it as I described the Capitol Board after I'd left, as being "across the road". Vague for those who prefer it that way, quite clear for everyone else.

LOL

Would the Pet Sounds Forum really need to be referred to in that oblique way? That's really unfortunate and just risks creating a feeling of ill-will, of warring sides, that doesn't really exist. Lots of members post at this board and that board, and there's been no disharmony that I've seen – certainly never seen the ridiculous rule RRA1 refers tro, though I'll go have another look…

Before you know we'll be talking about the "Beach Boys vs Four English gentlemen with stylish hair cuts", or "Hillary Clinton vs That Wild-haired Gentlemen Who Committed Environmental Atrocities in Scotland".  LOL

The language is gradually dispensing with terms that really did ought to be done away with, for the right reasons – sure I don't need to spell them out; it seems crass to resort to declaring something as innocuous as a reference to a message board's name as politically incorrect.

Hi John. Good to see you here. I think what RR was referring to was a call by the PS forum mods not to bring Smiley issues on board----sounds reasonable to me. Personally, I think the dual-board activity among posters is most encouraging. Another thing----no one has been dissed for not joining the PS forum.

Oh, and "across the road" isn't supposed to mean "across the track", lol. I'm just trying to satisfy all parties----which means they'll all be shooting at me before long. Grin 
Hi, just to clear this up, there is no rule on PSF in regards to referencing Smiley Smile. What happened is, I personally asked a few people to refrain from negative posting, as it does neither forum any good. Other than that, anyone there can write the words as they please. We share a common membership, so of course both forums are going to come up in conversations.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »

Hi, just to clear this up, there is no rule on PSF in regards to referencing Smiley Smile. What happened is, I personally asked a few people to refrain from negative posting, as it does neither forum any good. Other than that, anyone there can write the words as they please. We share a common membership, so of course both forums are going to come up in conversations.

Okay----thanks for clarifying, Doc. :=)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2016, 11:37:32 AM »

Smb. in the Sandbox - iirc MarcellaHasDirtyFeet - said that there is rule set to not discuss Smiley - turns out he didn't mean it literally rule but as what drbeachboy says now. wouldn't be aware as I don't check that forum.

Regarding thread/post deletion - yes, you can't do it in the main board, Sandbox, Music & Music Makers. It can be done in Welcome & the Album, Reviews discussions. That's why I said "in some cases".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

LOL

Before you know we'll be talking about the "Beach Boys vs Four English gentlemen with stylish hair cuts", or "Hillary Clinton vs That Wild-haired Gentlemen Who Committed Environmental Atrocities in Scotland".  LOL

Doc,  Thank You very much for posting the facts about what is going on.  We are all Beach Boys fans, first.  I will continue to read here at Smiley, and post when I have something that may interest others.  Or just leave messages to my friends, like you John.

The Beach Boys were my favorite American band for many many years.  I still follow both Brian's currant band and Mike's Beach Boys.  I watch all three forums, and various other media spots.  I don't think many of us were ever confined to just one source of information.  The information is basically sourced from many sites, then lands here and there to be discussed.

John k,  This thread has become the strangest of all, alligators all around.  Posts appear, sometimes for a mere few hours before being deleted.  It's very hard to keep up with what's being said when nearly every reply is gone the next time you look.  You can't capture them all... and unless captured, the conversation can get fractured.  You and I have discussed this in this very thread.  For me to have time to answer, it is my hope you can at least leave yours up for a day, 24 hours.  It is after 8pm where I am.  Need to take a break right now.  Maybe some Tv or a movie, you know, normal stuff - life, be with the ones you love.  Not that I don't love my message friends who's faces are left to my imagination.  I do a lot of my writing late at night and into the early morning hours when I can sit at my desk and think. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »

Yes, thanks to drbeachboy for explanation. If you say, feelsflow, that "We are all Beach Boys fans, first" what for did you referred to Smiley members "SS haters"? Esp. if you "will continue to read here at Smiley, and post when I have something that may interest others". You call john "friend", then reading there - this time I read it with my eyes, not smb. else said - your "SS haters" remark to up the new forum - it is very impolite & contradicting.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »

Yes, thanks to drbeachboy for explanation. If you say, feelsflow, that "We are all Beach Boys fans, first" what for did you referred to Smiley members "SS haters"? Esp. if you "will continue to read here at Smiley, and post when I have something that may interest others". You call john "friend", then reading there - this time I read it with my eyes, not smb. else said - your "SS haters" remark to up the new forum - it is very impolite & contradicting.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »

Would it be too much to ask why members other than Steve Mayo have chosen to remove scans and other media from this board? Are they going to the other board for a reason other than what this appears to be about?

For members - fans here - with no skin in this or any other game, just my own two cents, that's a pretty crappy thing to do if it was done out of spite, unless the links simply expired and the URL's on the photo hosts changed and haven't been updated.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2016, 08:11:33 PM »

I see this has been moved to the Sandbox. Well then.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2016, 09:23:41 PM »

I see this has been moved to the Sandbox. Well then.
Maybe to prevent post deletion as you can't do it in the Sandbox. just edit. That & due to serious things being discussed.

2 feelsflow: what is that dot post? Agreement? "I'll save post then get back to it later"?

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2016, 09:30:29 PM »

This was John k's Welcome thread.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »

john is easygoing; he wouldn't mind it being moved. & what you meant by that dot post?

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2016, 01:11:26 AM »

john is easygoing; he wouldn't mind it being moved. & what you meant by that dot post?

Deleted.  Cool
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2016, 02:22:51 AM »

John k,  This thread has become the strangest of all, alligators all around.  Posts appear, sometimes for a mere few hours before being deleted.  It's very hard to keep up with what's being said when nearly every reply is gone the next time you look.  You can't capture them all... and unless captured, the conversation can get fractured.  You and I have discussed this in this very thread.  For me to have time to answer, it is my hope you can at least leave yours up for a day, 24 hours.  It is after 8pm where I am.  Need to take a break right now.  Maybe some Tv or a movie, you know, normal stuff - life, be with the ones you love.  Not that I don't love my message friends who's faces are left to my imagination.  I do a lot of my writing late at night and into the early morning hours when I can sit at my desk and think. -Will

Hi Will. The only posts I've ever deleted were about issues (minor stuff, mainly between RR and myself) that had been resolved. I believe I did remove that remark about you welcoming all those new folks at PS when the subject of not mentioning PS by name came up and I edited a post. Which was remiss of me, in retrospect. From now on, PS is PS, period. It's a fact of life. And now the business of deleting is resolved as well.

It's great to see my innocuous topic being put to such good (and positive) use. :=)

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2016, 03:07:18 AM »

john, I said many times but it fell on deaf ears that when this topic was in the Welcome, the posters deleted their posts. He implied it's done by the mods. & I told him you deleted your posts yourself. The way he talks to you "john k, this thread has become the strangest [...] Posts appear, sometimes for a mere few hours before being deleted" etc. as if he didn't think in the slightest that you could delete the posts too.
Besides, john, is it OK for you that Will referred to the Smiley members "SS haters"?

It's great to see my innocuous topic being put to such good (and positive) use. :=)
See, feelsflow? I was right, john is easygoing & he didn't mind it being moved here.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2016, 04:31:42 AM »

Besides, john, is it OK for you that Will referred to the Smiley members "SS haters"?

Please remind me where he said that.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2016, 08:26:02 AM »

. From now on, PS is PS, period. It's a fact of life.

:D

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »

Please remind me where he said that.

Only reference I can find to such a phrase was not by Will, but by monicker, five years ago – only it was in relation to the album Smiley Smile and the use of the Baldwin organ:

The Baldwin/Smiley Smile haters just don't know where it's at.

“We live in divisive times.”
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »

You really don't read very well, Mr. Manning, don't you? I said very clearly that it's said in the new forum.
john, feelsflow keeps silent because he knows he said that. Since you check that place, check his posts, go back to 3rd page, post from May 31, 2016, at 12:59am.

Quote from: Will Harris
And obviously, as the SS haters can register here, this board unfortunately needs an ignore button too.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »

You really don't read very well, Mr. Manning, don't you? I said very clearly that it's said in the new forum.
john, feelsflow keeps silent because he knows he said that. Since you check that place, check his posts, go back to 3rd page, post from May 31, 2016, at 12:59am.

Quote from: Will Harris
And obviously, as the SS haters can register here, this board unfortunately needs an ignore button too.

Charles, Billy and GF,  I don't know where she is getting this. If you don't mind, I would like to capture this.  I will try to sort this out.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: