-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Oops
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops  (Read 87735 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

That's hardly offensive though, just a childish insult.

Maybe so, but as the board's resident goodwill ambassador (a statesman, if you will) I intend to keep the peace henceforth.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »

It is?

I've always known it to be analogous to "sissy."

That's hardly offensive though, just a childish insult.

When you think that of the fact that that and 'sissy' started off as insults towards a man who is not necessarily the stereotypical Brawny paper towel guy with the flannel and the axe, as for form of calling them 'gay' as an insult (as if someone's orientation was something to criticize), well...I'd have hoped in 2016 we'd have grown a little and be more tolerant of others.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:55 PM »

2BachelorsDegree...etc. - there is board poster with sort of same name - did you take your name from there akin to Legendary LSD from OSD?

Nope, I wasn't aware of the other Bachelors until after joining this board, they don't post often.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »

Well it's most gratifying to see this topic so well used (seriously, folks).

Particularly when the OP is in Dreamland----it's a shame to see valuable cyberspace going to waste. 

But next time please deposit your empty drink cans in the bin provided. Thank you. Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2016, 05:30:20 AM »

It's not an attack on him; it's my feeling on the rather sad state of affairs that led him to even make it his signature. KDS and I get along very well, in fact.

I've said my piece.

I took no offense as it was clearly not directed at me.   

Also, I fail to see the word "retarded" as offensive when describing an object. 
KDS
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »

Let me explain this just so you get it, KDS. rab said that he's OK with anyone who has differing view but added that for some, reviews that consist of bad language can be regarded as insulting to Brian. Just the way he sees it and what some others see. Then you find it strange and think it's not ever possible. Then rab again repeats his point and you again disagree but rather than respectfully disagree you mock his and bunch of others' reasoning for disliking others' negative album reviews. Instead of trying to understand them you make it signature to make fun of them. So what if they think so? Does it bother you too much?

Thanks Rangerover. I tried to make my point as clear as possible several times, but I guess either I'm not being clear enough or some are refusing to understand what I mean.

KDS, I don't see how my opinion on this matter is that ridiculous. To some people, calling some of the music "turgid, worthless, safe bullcrap", "a stupid fucking pop song", "a steaming pile of dogshit", or comparing Brian to a handicapped grandpa who is forced to make a speech at a family dinner is disrespectful to Brian...thus some Brian fans responded and defended Brian because Brian's personal talents were being seemingly mocked. I mean, I wonder why you thought the Bubs and Judd review was "fake"? - could it have been because it seemed a bit over the top? And thus other people possibly didn't notice any satire and saw the review as overly disrespectful to Brian and responded.

This is clearly what I wrote and tried to make clear in numerous posts. Sorry that you felt the need to change your signature over the opinion of one person. I know Bubs and Judd love this band and Brian Wilson very much...but some people took their comments as offensive...and I don't understand why it's that surprising that people took those comments as offensive.

Rab,

I agreed with you about that handicap grandpa thing, but the steaming pile of dogshit or stupid pop song is a completely different thing. 
KDS
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »

Firstly, I'm surprised so many people saw the signature line I added.

Secondly, I added the signature because I wanted to make the level of my fandom crystal clear:

I'm a huge fan of The Beach Boys and their members.  But, do I like every single note of music they, and their members, have released?  Nope. 

Since some of the board seem to believe that a speaking negatively about the music equals speaking negatively about the artists, I wanted to make perfectly clear that any even remotely negative thing I've ever said, or will ever say, about the music of The Beach Boys and their members, is NOT to be taken as an insult to the artists or anybody associated with them. 

Am I poking a little fun?  Maybe I am.   Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2016, 07:34:20 AM »

Since some of the board seem to believe that a speaking negatively about the music equals speaking negatively about the artists, I wanted to make perfectly clear that any even remotely negative thing I've ever said, or will ever say, about the music of The Beach Boys and their members, is NOT to be taken as an insult to the artists or anybody associated with them.  

Am I poking a little fun?  Maybe I am.   Grin

KDS, I have negative opinions about some of Brian's music. I try to be a bit more tactful and understanding about what I dislike. Never did I contradict myself - I clearly meant (and made clear several times) it's the WORDING some people choose that is disrespectful to a man who does have an account on this forum. Billy understood my point (whether or not he agrees with it). Yes, I think GIOMH is terrible and there are parts of NPP I don't like (hell, even Brian probably doesn't like GIOMH)....but I'm not about to compare it to canine fecal matter. Being tactful when you're writing negative opinion is more respectful to the artist than calling something a pile of steaming dogshit....this is and has been my point.

We can totally agree to disagree - but don't feel the need to change your signature based on a seemingly rational opinion of one person on the board Grin
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:35:52 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KDS
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2016, 07:47:20 AM »

Am I poking a little fun?  Maybe I am.   Grin

KDS, I have negative opinions about some of Brian's music. I try to be a bit more tactful and understanding about what I dislike. Never did I contradict myself - I clearly meant (and made clear several times) it's the WORDING some people choose that is disrespectful to a man who does have an account on this forum. Billy understood my point (whether or not he agrees with it). Yes, I think GIOMH is terrible and there are parts of NPP I don't like (hell, even Brian probably doesn't like GIOMH)....but I'm not about to compare it to canine fecal matter. Being tactful when you're writing negative opinion is more respectful to the artist than calling something a pile of steaming dogshit....this is and has been my point.

We can totally agree to disagree - but don't feel the need to change your signature based on a seemingly rational opinion of one person on the board Grin

I'll agree to disagree. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2016, 07:47:59 AM »

@rab2591. Sidetracking here, but this is my topic (or it was):

When are you going to remove your (admittedly hilarious) parody of my old signature? As you see, I've removed mine and finally moved on. Just curious...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »

When are you going to remove your (admittedly hilarious) parody of my old signature? As you see, I've removed mine and finally moved on. Just curious...

Ahh just noticed that you removed it. Will remove mine tonight after work!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »

Ahh just noticed that you removed it. Will remove mine tonight after work!

Thanks, man.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2016, 02:44:31 AM »

Here we go again----Douche = the new Jarhead.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2016, 06:21:57 AM »

Who you callin' a Jarhead? Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2016, 06:30:00 AM »

I don't know who you are (that's what name-changing can do) but maybe you were here when the "in" thing was to use the word Jarhead in one's alias. (Not everyone did it, of course.)

And now the same thing's happening with the word Douche. So you see, there's nothing personal in my remark.Cool Guy     

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2016, 07:36:18 AM »

I don't know who you are (that's what name-changing can do) but maybe you were here when the "in" thing was to use the word Jarhead in one's alias. (Not everyone did it, of course.)

And now the same thing's happening with the word Douche. So you see, there's nothing personal in my remark.Cool Guy     
John,  Ya gotta spend more time in the Sandbox!  Bullets came up with the idea, others followed.  Deadpool was even funnier, with his hitlist.  Hitlists are also popular recently.  Everybody is getting one.

Sure Rei is amused by your mention.  I saw someone confusing Rei the other day, saying there are other Rei posters.  So, where does that leave the Curb Your Enthusiasm guy?  They just want to make your life a mess.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »

Yeah, I borrowed Bullets' idea. Plus, "Douchepool" is one of Negasonic Teenage Warhead's nicknames for Deadpool in the movie.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2016, 12:11:41 PM »

John,  Ya gotta spend more time in the Sandbox!  Bullets came up with the idea, others followed.  Deadpool was even funnier, with his hitlist.  Hitlists are also popular recently.  Everybody is getting one.

Sure Rei is amused by your mention.  I saw someone confusing Rei the other day, saying there are other Rei posters.  So, where does that leave the Curb Your Enthusiasm guy?  They just want to make your life a mess.

Hi, Will. Good to see a familiar face these days. :=)

My social life is already a mess, so if it's me they're after they're wasting their time, hahaha.

As for the Sandbox, I probably spend too much time there already. Either posting in the "Cats" topic or casting a baleful eye at the "Moderation" thread. And... there's a new BB palindrome brewing. So it's "all systems go" over there right now. The Sandbox rocks! Grin     

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »

does nobody have cat?

Sheriff John Stone has cat (see your topic for details)...

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »

planned today to ask you country question before that crazy stuff started by ovi - Switzerland is famous for banks, cheese & watch. What is Netherlands famous for? What is its main manufacture? Is there good site in English about Netherlands? TIA.

This is one side of the Netherlands: http://www.eatingamsterdamtours.com/blog/traditionally-dutch/

And this is another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUgXehf-uI

bluesno1fann
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:55 AM »

Well then.

Which thread is this?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2016, 05:12:44 AM »

Well then.

Which thread is this?

No idea, Labe. You'd better ask Will. Or... maybe he'll spot this and get in touch (or answer here)... 

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2016, 05:39:30 AM »

I will answer instead of feelsflow - Rbb said "Rei" when replying to my post - in this thread, btw.

john, you can call him Rei. "Labe" sounds stupid imo.

I like Labe as a name. It has potential. And thanks for answering. :=)

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

My social life is already a mess, so if it's me they're after they're wasting their time, hahaha.

As for the Sandbox, I probably spend too much time there already. Either posting in the "Cats" topic or casting a baleful eye at the "Moderation" thread. And... there's a new BB palindrome brewing. So it's "all systems go" over there right now. The Sandbox rocks! Grin     

Hey John,  I'm coming here everyday.  Posting, not so much.  My last two addressed to you actually.  I'm just hanging on the fringes of Smiley waiting for things to cool down.  That doesn't look to be any time soon.  Nearly three years since I joined, all that seems to be left is anger and hostility.  How can you talk about music (the reason I came here in the first place) with all the fist swinging going on?  We used to play fun games like Survivor, boy, those days are over.  There is too much duck-n-cover.  Too many hit lists.  I don't do well in that kind of environment.  Research?  Another of my favorite pastimes, hard to do with most of historians out the door, some eliminating the past as they leave.  Have you checked Steve Mayo's post history lately?  It's gone.  All those wonderful magazine articles and pictures going back to the 60's, poof.  Who else has or will do the same thing?  They read the same stuff I do.  The scariest thing I've read here since Andrew's ban is from the Chairman of the Board himself.  That he could and would brush everything away, close down Smiley with the wave of a hand.  That would include all my hard work sharing my research.

As for the Sandbox, after over a month of reading the arguments, I probably should not go there.  I did this morning to read Josh's goodbye note.  Others don't even leave notes, they just leave.  Most of my friends have moved on.  And I don't mean to PSF.  Many too many have stopped posting anywhere.  Like Ray said all those years ago, "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?"

I saw your post here the other day about me rushing through Welcomes at PSF.  Everybody is welcome there.  It's fresh starts all around.  I don't see that post anymore, another victim of the delete button so popular in this section. LOL  That might have been the one with your invitation to come to the Oops thread to discuss things calmly.  If so, I see why you would remove that.  Or did a mod do that for you? That kind of order doesn't seem to be possible right now.

I must sound down, but I am not out.  As I said before, I will still post here - in the General Music and Music Makers sections.  See you here in the Oops and there. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2016, 04:08:20 PM »

Hey John,  I'm coming here everyday.  Posting, not so much.  My last two addressed to you actually.  I'm just hanging on the fringes of Smiley waiting for things to cool down.  That doesn't look to be any time soon.  Nearly three years since I joined, all that seems to be left is anger and hostility.  How can you talk about music (the reason I came here in the first place) with all the fist swinging going on?  We used to play fun games like Survivor, boy, those days are over.  There is too much duck-n-cover.  Too many hit lists.  I don't do well in that kind of environment.  Research?  Another of my favorite pastimes, hard to do with most of historians out the door, some eliminating the past as they leave.  Have you checked Steve Mayo's post history lately?  It's gone.  All those wonderful magazine articles and pictures going back to the 60's, poof.  Who else has or will do the same thing?  They read the same stuff I do.  The scariest thing I've read here since Andrew's ban is from the Chairman of the Board himself.  That he could and would brush everything away, close down Smiley with the wave of a hand.  That would include all my hard work sharing my research.

As for the Sandbox, after over a month of reading the arguments, I probably should not go there.  I did this morning to read Josh's goodbye note.  Others don't even leave notes, they just leave.  Most of my friends have moved on.  And I don't mean to PSF.  Many too many have stopped posting anywhere.  Like Ray said all those years ago, "Where Have All the Good Times Gone?"

I saw your post here the other day about me rushing through Welcomes at PSF.  Everybody is welcome there.  It's fresh starts all around.  I don't see that post anymore, another victim of the delete button so popular in this section. LOL  That might have been the one with your invitation to come to the Oops thread to discuss things calmly.  If so, I see why you would remove that.  Or did a mod do that for you? That kind of order doesn't seem to be possible right now.

I must sound down, but I am not out.  As I said before, I will still post here - in the General Music and Music Makers sections.  See you here in the Oops and there. -Will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6uBHxCwdek

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: