gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680878 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:26:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Dennis Wilson  (Read 7733 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:29 PM »

If you saw Dennis Wilson what would you say to him and why?

I had a fast Life
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:20:50 PM »

What's it like hanging out with Elvis, Jim Morrison and Tupac?
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »

Well first I'd check if I was alive, to make sure I wasn't in a Twilight Zone situation. Then I'd ask Dennis when the last time he saw Brian was, and depending on his answer get them in contact. It always makes me sad that Brian is the last one around.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »

What song that he recorded was he most proud of, and, if he was totally honest, what did he really think of Mike Love?
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:31:36 PM »

I'd probably be too busy yelling something about zombies to really ask him any questions.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »

I find it hard to imagine how Dennis would look and how he would act today....

Denny 'looked' so old in 82 and 83..... and that's 30 some years ago...

sheesh!

RickB
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »

u look better without a beard
bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:16 AM »

Don't waste your breath Surfer, Denny would want nothing to do with you
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 01:55:25 AM »

....and Carl?

Or is Dennis in a different place?
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »

I would ask him if he hangs out with Chris Farley and if they both watch David Spade movies.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:51 AM »

I find it hard to imagine how Dennis would look and how he would act today....

Denny 'looked' so old in 82 and 83..... and that's 30 some years ago...

sheesh!

RickB

He didn't look healthy, indeed. But Brian didn't either in 1982. I think that Denny really could have had a rejuvenation; if he'd done serious behavioral therapy. I am not one of those that are fatalistic about his life, like accepting the grim and resignating attitude that is expressed by this deterministic way of saying it: he just was that way, he wasn't meant to grow old, he lived the fast life.

It's the romantic rock 'n' roll fantasy, it's glossing over a lot of things, in fact. People who are as addicted as Denny was don't have many peaceful moments, if any; there is never rest, or the option of taking a distanced view; there's very much unhappiness, craving, insomnia, and desperate longing for substances if there are none present. No joy at all.

The main problem, from a medical point of view, is, IMHO: someone who lives like Dennis did for many years can't imagine how it is to live free of substances at all any more. Chronic use alters the brain, it hugely impairs one's capacities for decision-making, it hijacks one's free will (which gets totally out of any sound working order), and the result is: where in non-addicts there is a fine balance in weighing the options that are about short-term rewards versus long-term ones (in re: happiness and satisfaction), in addicts this balance is made undone. They can't for the life of them see, envision, make a prognosis of what would be the result of efforts that will bring good feelings in the long run. There is only blindness there, metaphorically speaking. Conversely, anything that has to do with gratification in the very, very short run, immediate reward, that fuels them to procure what they need, regardless of the consequences.

I realise that I seem to be contradicting myself here; but that's not the case. The condition I described is not irreversible. But healing requires an intense form of therapy, leaving drug buddies behind, and that for a prolonged time.

The kind of therapy that Brian initially had, and that saved his life.

And I am certain that all of you see the irony here, regarding that which happened later.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »

Well I'd ask him what was it like living on the other side.. And what he thought of Brian finishing SMILE and how Carl was doin..  Ask him what changes he would make in his prior life so he could have a better life here with fewer regrets.. Any Messages for Brian or the other guys..??  And I'd tell him come on over anytime when you feel like talking.. I can see Dennis now sittin at a keyboard with his left hand and index finger cupping his left ear and cuddling the mike and singing FOREVER.. The band in heaven + hell is rather large so I don't think he is playing drums.. He is a composer and singer.. Dennis's best music is all about love + tenderness..  A good fit for heaven. I pray he made it..
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

Anyone got a submarine and scuba equipment I could borrow to be able to search for him at the bottom of the Pacific?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »

Anyone got a submarine and scuba equipment I could borrow to be able to search for him at the bottom of the Pacific?

Here you go.  Knock yourself out:

33° 53.9 N, 118° 38.8 W   +/- a few degrees.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

To me sir you are Heckler!    I would say to Dennis Wilson let's finish Bamboo album and we would go Surfin and check out the Surfer Girls then drag race through Drag City!  To be all Seriousness i would say to him why would you drown in 1983 bro

I had a fast Life
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »

Huh
bluesno1fann
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »

To me sir you are Heckler!    I would say to Dennis Wilson let's finish Bamboo album and we would go Surfin and check out the Surfer Girls then drag race through Drag City!  To be all Seriousness i would say to him why would you drown in 1983 bro

Good lord your English is Broken! But what do I expect from a Troll?

And you're getting 1983 Dennis mixed up with 1963 Dennis  Grin

It's not like he wanted to drown, it just happened. Anyone with common sense could see that...
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:10 PM »

....and Carl?

Or is Dennis in a different place?
the joke I was trying to make was that Elvis, Morrison and tupac are still alive somewhere and Dennis is hanging out with them on a desert island.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

Honestly, this thread is horrendous.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

Honestly, this thread is horrendous.

Agreed. Wouldn't mind seeing this asinine offensive thread deleted or locked by the mods and Surfer going the way of Newguy562 and Oldsurferdude. It's unbelievable that OSD in particular is banned and Surfer isn't...
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »

I'd say to Dennis, "Whatever you do, don't listen to any music by the Beach Boys or watch any footage of the Beach Boys in the decades from 1983 on-wards. You may find this hard to believe Dennis, but things got much, much worse".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 11:55:40 PM »

I'd like to start a petition to get the Taste & Hypocracy Police involve here.

“We live in divisive times.”
bluesno1fann
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:42 PM »

Not funny...

I'm neither a Hypocrite or a Troll, so your argument is invalid
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 12:35:37 AM »

Not funny...

Who said my post referred to you?

“We live in divisive times.”
bluesno1fann
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »

Not funny...

Who said my post referred to you?

If it isn't, then I apologize. It's just that in the other Surfer thread Woodstock and Bubbly have been falsely accusing me to be a hypocrite
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx