gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:06:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is your most played Beach Boys song?  (Read 4894 times)
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »

Back when I used last.fm, which was a couple months ago now, it was "All I Wanna Do".
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »

You're Still A Mystery
Darlin'
Back Home (MIC)
The Letter
You're So Good To Me
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »

It's too hard to figure this out because the same track that is featured on different albums does not have combined totals (for example wouldn't it be nice has 300 plays on pet sounds, 450 on sounds of summer, etc)
Pim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

Currently the following according to my last.fm profile:

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »

California Girls (stack-o-tracks version) - 89
Don't Worry Baby (2009 stereo) - 87
In The Back Of My Mind (1965 instrumental only - wouldn't have to listen to this f**king boot if someone would do the logical thing and put this on an official compilation at some point...) - 76
Summer's Gone - 63
A Day In The Life Of A Tree - 59
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:34:32 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »

Here Comes the Night (1967), followed closely by the stereo mix of Please Let Me Wonder.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »

My god..... now people need a computer program to tell them which song they're listening to the most!!! This is whilst they walk along wearing those stupid, mongy big headphones and those horrible skin-tight yellow trousers, not looking where they're going because they're too busy prodding away on their  "smart" phones with a slack jawed expression on their faces.

I wear big flappy flares and listen to albums all the way through, and when I go out I only move for old people, disabled people, those with prams and / or heavy shopping. My thread trolling is also purely old skool. Wham, bam, and I'm off over to Youtube to spread some more grammatically correct hate.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 05:19:10 AM »

My god..... now people need a computer program to tell them which song they're listening to the most!!! This is whilst they walk along wearing those stupid, mongy big headphones and those horrible skin-tight yellow trousers, not looking where they're going because they're too busy prodding away on their  "smart" phones with a slack jawed expression on their faces.

I wear big flappy flares and listen to albums all the way through[/b], and when I go out I only move for old people, disabled people, those with prams and / or heavy shopping. My thread trolling is also purely old skool. Wham, bam, and I'm off over to Youtube to spread some more grammatically correct hate.

I do the same - but if I have 5 mins before I leave I'm got gonna sit in silence for 5 mins am I?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:48 AM »

Freddie, you have a rare vocal gift, and should never sit in silence.  Personally I value my contemplative moments.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 06:11:55 AM »

"Life is for the Living" has the most listens on the computer I'm currently using.

Ouch! You practically described my every detail. What have my people done to hurt you Stephen?! Hopefully you and I will be able to repair our relationship over our mutual interest in listening to albums all the way through.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:08 AM »

I Just Wasn't Made For These Times and Cabinessence.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »

Freddie, you have a rare vocal gift, and should never sit in silence.  Personally I value my contemplative moments.

If you want to call it that. It's not like it actually has any use though.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »

I don't use Windows Media Player, but I'm pretty sure I've played Funky Pretty the most, followed by the Brian demo Lazy Lizzie.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »

This represents the stats on one year-old computer, just counting iTunes and not plays from physical CDs.

Top three plays:
Sound of Free
WBINTLA
Wild Honey (stereo version)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »

"Barbara Ann" is my all-time most played BB song. Why? Simple----it's the only BB 45 I've ever owned.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 11:43:09 AM »

Without a doubt, the released (and unreleased) mono and stereo versions, much of the unreleased tracking sessions, and all of the live versions of Good Vibrations I can find. I believe I've heard most of everything to do with the recording of the song (by The Beach Boys) except for the vocals-only sessions, which I'm not holding out hope for before I check out.

For awhile there, I was playing the song as much as Brian Wilson was playing Be My Baby on his jukebox.  No kidding. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »

probably Wouldn't It Be Nice overall
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »

In my top 20 most played songs, I have six songs from That's Why God Made the Radio, eight songs from my personal version of Smile, plus "I Went to Sleep," "The Warmth of the Sun," "'Til I Die," "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "You Still Believe In Me," and oddly enough, "In The Parkin' Lot."

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx