-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:00:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Outside the Smiley board
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Outside the Smiley board  (Read 26072 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:32:05 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:26 PM »

Highschool student in grade 10 (first day back to school tomorrow, in fact), iOS app developer. Soon to have a pong clone on the App Store.

Same. Starting Year 10 as well
zachrwolfe
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:31:30 PM by zatch » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

Highschool student in grade 10 (first day back to school tomorrow, in fact), iOS app developer. Soon to have a pong clone on the App Store.

Same. Starting Year 10 as well

When do Australian school years begin? I've been back since September, today was only the first day back after Winter break (and today was actually a snow day since it was around -48 degrees C w/ windchill Tongue).
It depends from State to State and Public and Private schools. I live in Victoria and go to a Public school, so school starts at the end of January.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »

Former film student; now a shelf-stacker/cashier at Sainsbury's. Life, eh?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »

I've been back since September, today was only the first day back after Winter break (and today was actually a snow day since it was around -48 degrees C w/ windchill Tongue).
Wow, is it for real? I thought Russian winters are by and large the most severe. I'd give Canada -25 at best.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »

Hi RangeRoverA1,  We are having effects from the polar vortex dipping down in the northern states.  It's what makes it so cold where you are, but from what I can tell yours is called Artic vortex.  Not sure what the difference is, but both make it real cold.  Parents are not letting the kids out to play in my area.  It's not common.  I don't remember having it before in the 15 years that I have lived here.  Another occurrence is just beginning here in New York, expected to last until early February.  We are also having more snow this winter.  I like that.
peace,  Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »

1st of all, thanks to punkinhead for making this topic, it's a great way of getting to know the other board people. 2nd:

I have come to the realisation that I have been acting in a show in some capacity since early September. Apparently, this would qualify me as a budding amateur actor. How on earth did this happen.
I had the same question after reading your story. BBs fan & acting seem like 2 polar opposites, so I bet you weren't good at acting. Though maybe you quit it by now.

!!!!

What brought that on?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:09:39 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:28:40 PM by zatch » Logged
Vegetable Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

A Sophomore in High School here in the great state of Texas. An active member of my schools theatre department.

"I've never written one note or word of music simply because I think it will make money"- Brian Wilson (1965)

"I like food"- Brian Wilson (1980)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2014, 01:10:42 AM »

2 feelsflow: I knew that it's cold in New York, but I didn't know that it's that cold that even kids stay at home. And yes, I agree that more snow is a good sign. I like snowy weather.

2 hypehat: I said you weren't good at acting based on this video posted on the Karaoke thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3yCPsVtOg&feature=youtu.be
I agree with Billy, the rhythm was delivered well, but that's it. No artistry, lack of playfulness etc. So, I was being realistic rather than rude when I left that remark. Don't know why pixletwin or anyone thought so. However, I agree about the BBs + acting comment, it's indeed possible to have both in one. Bad phrasing on my side, though I'm sure I meant sth. I don't recall now.

2 Zach: You hoped rightly, I don't live there. You know, Russia is a big land & consists of lots of regions. The 1 you mentioned I've never been to. -65 is a crazy temperature even for Russian winters. The place where I live is -40 at worst; luckily it happens occasionally. For instance, today it is -21-19.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2014, 05:58:42 AM »

An excerpt from hypehat's (who plays Romeo) last production:

"Romeo:
Have not saints hips, and holy dances too?

Juliet:
Ay, pilgrim, hips that they must use in dance.

Romeo:
O, then, dear saint, let hips do what thighs do;
They bounce, grant thou, lest dance turn to despair.

Juliet:
Saints do not bounce, though grant for boogies' sake.

Romeo:
Then bounce not, while my boogie's effect I take.
Thus from my hips, by yours, my sin is purged.

Juliet:
Then have my hips the sin that they have took.

Romeo:
Sin from thy hips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.

Juliet:
You bounce by the book.”
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:09:27 AM by Woodstock » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »

2 feelsflow: I knew that it's cold in New York, but I didn't know that it's that cold that even kids stay at home. And yes, I agree that more snow is a good sign. I like snowy weather.

2 hypehat: I said you weren't good at acting based on this video posted on the Karaoke thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3yCPsVtOg&feature=youtu.be
I agree with Billy, the rhythm was delivered well, but that's it. No artistry, lack of playfulness etc. So, I was being realistic rather than rude when I left that remark. Don't know why pixletwin or anyone thought so. However, I agree about the BBs + acting comment, it's indeed possible to have both in one. Bad phrasing on my side, though I'm sure I meant sth. I don't recall now.

Yr basing my acting on inebriated kareoke??? You've never seen me act. That's like saying, idk, you're a terrible poet based on the prose posts you write here. LOL at you thinking i'm somehow not getting the artistry of the goshdarn Ignition remix across, it's hardly 'To be or not to be'

BTW I am a banging actor if I say so myself, sold out shows, got some good reviews, played lead in several things (Shakespeare and other tings), but then there's no way you can pass judgement on it because you've never seen me act. Sorry if i'm overreacting.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:58 AM »

Yr basing my acting on inebriated karaoke??? You've never seen me act. That's like saying, idk, you're a terrible poet based on the prose posts you write here. LOL at you thinking i'm somehow not getting the artistry of the goshdarn Ignition remix across, it's hardly 'To be or not to be'

BTW I am a banging actor if I say so myself, sold out shows, got some good reviews, played lead in several things (Shakespeare and other things), but then there's no way you can pass judgement on it because you've never seen me act. Sorry if i'm overreacting.
Fair answer but then again, weren't you doing an R Kelly impersonation, donning the black coat & even repeating his intro spoken lines? I'd say it can at least be considered a small type of acting. Yes, it's no Hamlet, however, it's not necessarily about serious performance, being an entertainer is a complex task too, as you may know. That's what I hinted at. Anyway, it's a positive sign that you are confident about your real talents etc. Belittling yourself ain't good.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »

Yr basing my acting on inebriated karaoke??? You've never seen me act. That's like saying, idk, you're a terrible poet based on the prose posts you write here. LOL at you thinking i'm somehow not getting the artistry of the goshdarn Ignition remix across, it's hardly 'To be or not to be'

BTW I am a banging actor if I say so myself, sold out shows, got some good reviews, played lead in several things (Shakespeare and other things), but then there's no way you can pass judgement on it because you've never seen me act. Sorry if i'm overreacting.
Fair answer but then again, weren't you doing an R Kelly impersonation, donning the black coat & even repeating his intro spoken lines? I'd say it can at least be considered a small type of acting. Yes, it's no Hamlet, however, it's not necessarily about serious performance, being an entertainer is a complex task too, as you may know. That's what I hinted at. Anyway, it's a positive sign that you are confident about your real talents etc. Belittling yourself ain't good.

Kareoke has nothing to do with acting in drama! I'm not quite sure how you're equating the two outside of 'well i wasn't entertained' and it's like, no sh*t, it's a fuckin kareoke video done for the benefit of two people. I'm not even sure it was a success on those grounds.

I mean, based on this you said I can't act, and it just happened that I actually pride myself on my acting as something I initially found very hard to do and have achieved a bunch of things I would have never thought I could have done a few years ago so IDK, it means a lot to me. Although you obv had no idea about all that, so it's no biggie really.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »

History Student in my first year at Uni.

My diet is Noodles and Lemonade. Sort of. The Lemonade part is accurate though.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2014, 05:14:41 AM »

Kareoke
Initially I thought you did the typo, but you wrote the word the same way again - is it really how the British spell karaoke? I tried to search sth. about it to no avail.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »

There's an "outside"?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

There's an "outside"?

"Smiley Smile is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »

I should start an institute.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: