gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 07:43:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I slit my wrists to Pisces Brothers  (Read 13263 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »

Does anyone else have this problem? This song is so beautiful and evocative and poignant that the only way I can channel the feelings through me is by slitting my wrists. Otherwise, I fear I'd explode with emotion.

By the way, was Mike sick when he recorded this song? His voice sounds really strained, but the struggle is what sells the song. When it's that hard for a guy to sing, it makes you appreciate the frailty of the human condition.

https://soundcloud.com/mikelovemusic-3/mike-love-pisces-brothers

HARE KRISHNA
LOVE + MERCY
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »

Seriously? Slit My Wrists?!

"shudder"
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »

I just slit my wrists reading this thread and
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »

I only made it to 0:56.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »

It kills my soul hey, hey.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:14 PM »

I sh*t my pants :/

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »

The one thing I can say with confidence about this song is that George Harrison would have absolutely hated it.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »

Holy crap, those fake strings sound HORRIBLE.

A discipline daddy.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »

I sh*t my pants :/
LOL

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »

My first laugh of the day!

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:30:25 AM »

Like the track. The lyrics are the sort you love when your grandpa makes them up for you but lazy for a published song.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »

Does anyone else have this problem? This song is so beautiful and evocative and poignant that the only way I can channel the feelings through me is by slitting my wrists. Otherwise, I fear I'd explode with emotion.

By the way, was Mike sick when he recorded this song? His voice sounds really strained, but the struggle is what sells the song. When it's that hard for a guy to sing, it makes you appreciate the frailty of the human condition.

HARE KRISHNA
LOVE + MERCY
This song has been floating around YouTube for years.  And, it doesn't seem to conform to the Mike-"style" that is generally attributed to him.  It is more lyrical in nature, "telling a story" and truly a "snapshot" captured of a more spiritual experience that became a commonality for many of that era's musicians, looking "beyond and outside of themselves" but which, according to an interview of Olivia Harrison, after George died, left a lifelong change in lifestyle, which, George carried to his death.  She reported that George meditated more, as he was in Hospice, and that his exit from life, was more accepted as peaceful.  

This whole Eastern mysticism was perceived as a whole new way of looking at life, throughout the Western world, as a means of looking inward, and in a detached (from material goods) manner, brought to the masses via the translation in the Beatles' music and to a certain, perhaps lesser extent, the Beach Boys, and other high profile actors, etc. gave the Eastern philosophy perspective a "voice" with their music, and the use of the sitar.  

This song isn't "news" per se because it has been around for about 10 years, but has a certain "official dedication" in a timely fashion, to George Harrison, whose absence is no less felt, alongside John Lennon, and the departed Beach Boys, Dennis and Carl.  And, in a certain sense, John Lennon's death was as incongruous as Dennis' drowning.  And Carl's death seems analogous to George's; lung to brain cancer.  

I guess Mike had a story inside himself to tell that isn't an easy one to put into words, that took shape in that song.  But it is, I find a "snapshot," of an era and influences that won't be duplicated, and oddly the TM thing is being carried forward, as a vehicle to make schools less violent in the States.  Especially schools, where there are metal detectors at the door, a sign of kids coming from homes where guns and violence are just part of their lives.  Mike got that award, in part, as a result of the social conscience that the music world acquired from Eastern influences, grounded in a difference in perspective from Western thinking.  And the encouragement of tolerance.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:17:13 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »

HARE KRISHNA
LOVE + MERCY
This song has been floating around YouTube for years.  And, it doesn't seem to conform to the Mike-"style" that is generally attributed to him.  It is more lyrical in nature, "telling a story" and truly a "snapshot" captured of a more spiritual experience that became a commonality for many of that era's musicians, looking "beyond and outside of themselves" but which, according to an interview of Olivia Harrison, after George died, left a lifelong change in lifestyle, which, George carried to his death.  She reported that George meditated more, as he was in Hospice, and that his exit from life, was more accepted as peaceful.  

This whole Eastern mysticism was perceived as a whole new way of looking at life, throughout the Western world, as a means of looking inward, and in a detached (from material goods) manner, brought to the masses via the translation in the Beatles' music and to a certain, perhaps lesser extent, the Beach Boys, and other high profile actors, etc. gave the Eastern philosophy perspective a "voice" with their music, and the use of the sitar.  

This song isn't "news" per se because it has been around for about 10 years, but has a certain "official dedication" in a timely fashion, to George Harrison, whose absence is no less felt, alongside John Lennon, and the departed Beach Boys, Dennis and Carl.  And, in a certain sense, John Lennon's death was as incongruous as Dennis' drowning.  And Carl's death seems analogous to George's; lung to brain cancer.  

I guess Mike had a story inside himself to tell that isn't an easy one to put into words, that took shape in that song.  But it is, I find a "snapshot," of an era and influences that won't be duplicated, and oddly the TM thing is being carried forward, as a vehicle to make schools less violent in the States.  Especially schools, where there are metal detectors at the door, a sign of kids coming from homes where guns and violence are just part of their lives.  Mike got that award, in part, as a result of the social conscience that the music world acquired from Eastern influences, grounded in a difference in perspective from Western thinking.  And the encouragement of tolerance.

That post had me reaching for the razor blades...
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »

HARE KRISHNA
LOVE + MERCY

That post had me reaching for the razor blades...
Good thing most pharmacies keep them locked up!  LOL
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »

Seriously? Slit My Wrists?!

"shudder"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:01:12 AM »

The delivery has the turgid pace of an instructional video.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »

Mike writes a song which doesn't have nor nostalgic fun in the sun lyrics neither references to old BB hits.

WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM?HuhCheesy

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »

This song helps me empty my bowels.  It's a real good colon cleanse.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

I don't think Mike will ever get a record deal for this music.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 11:39:53 AM »

While eastern religions aren't my cup of tea,Mike's delivery is heart felt and this IS a good song.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 11:48:41 AM »

I love this song.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »

Isn't this the second thread for this song? Why have two?
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »

Isn't this the second thread for this song? Why have two?

Pisces = plural.
Brothers = plural.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

Mike writes a song which doesn't have nor nostalgic fun in the sun lyrics neither references to old BB hits.

WHAT MORE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM HIM?HuhCheesy

I like the vocal melody. It's one of Mike's better vocal melodies in awhile. The music is pretty ok.

But rhyming "Hare Krishna" with "Gonna miss ya" is NOT cool. It's cringeworthy. And hold back the repeated washes of sitar. Not that I don't like sitar in general, but the manner in which it's used on this tune is just. so. cheesy.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »

I don't think Mike will ever get a record deal for this music.

It's very MOR, but if Al can get a record deal Mike can. He has the name.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx