gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 07:25:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I slit my wrists to Pisces Brothers  (Read 13267 times)
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »

Worst.
Song.
Ever.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »

Worst.
Song.
Ever.

I would slit my wrists over 'a friend like you' or 'the waltz' over 'pisces brothers'.....

perhaps, dare I say it...... I like Mikie's music  Roll Eyes

RickB
sandmountainslim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:12 PM »

I never knew George Harrison but I am friends with Tony Bramwell who worked for the Beatles and was George's friend since childhood.   I will ask him if George and ML were pals.   
Either way I have no problem with the song and I'm glad Mike wrote it. 

Ok,  Quote Tony Bramwell to me on the question of their friendship  "Yes, They were friends!" 
bachelorofbullets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2014, 09:45:11 PM »

I remember Peter Frampton covering “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” a few years after George died, and even that seemed kind of sad only in that George clearly, despite Frampton having played all over the “All Things Must Pass” album, had completely wiped Frampton from his mind to the point of continually not including Frampton’s name on the credits on the album. Ironically, considering the earlier reference to the George tribute concert, Frampton specifically tried to be a part of the George tribute concert in 2002 and was rejected. Then, a couple years later, he covered “Weeps” as a tribute. Not any less heartfelt, but a bit ironic perhaps in light of George having seemingly forgotten about Frampton in every apparent way.

Puh-lease.  Frampton playing on All Things Must Pass is very rumour-ish, and bit background parts at most, as did many other musicians who wanted to play on that record.  George probably did not know who the guy even was, and certainly had no friendship with him, as all the others at the tribute concert did.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2014, 10:30:17 PM »

Mike has traded in Beach Boys song references in lyrics for Beatles ones. This song makes me laugh. Thanks, Mike!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx