gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680717 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 03:02:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll Get Busted!  (Read 33123 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »

I did not sign up for this or merely click the link.
However, I just noticed two emails - one saying that I joined the petition site, and another saying I voted for the petition under my username.
This is really not cool, and I'd like to know what the deal is.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2014, 12:45:05 PM »

Ego, That is exactly what I got this morning. I have a really bad feeling about this.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:47:44 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »

Only someone who is Super-zealous about something would do such a thing... I can't imagine for the life of me who it could be.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:35 PM »

And has been strangely silent today so far...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »

So are you saying you didn't post this?  Shocked

Brooks Loren SMiLE Brian
OSD for president!, yeah. But seriously, I would like to apologize to retrokid and rockno1fan for my buttholeish attitude.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »

Hells to the no my good sir....

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »

This is starting to approach sherryluvsbrian/denni in weirdness.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

Alright. Now I'm pissed. What is Rab2591 doing on the signatures list for this petition?

I have not signed this/will never sign it, did not even click on link until just now.

Using personal emails to sign up for this petition, making fake profiles on this petition website to mirror that of users on Smiley Smile? Someone has got some explaining to do...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

How does one view the list of signatures? Wondering whether "I" might have signed the darned thing…

“We live in divisive times.”
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:37:16 PM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »

^ LOL

How does one view the list of signatures? Wondering whether "I" might have signed the darned thing…

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-the-dennis-wilson-biopic

Scroll down and click on recent signatures. You can't get a full list of the signatures though. A lot of screen-names from here are on the list, fyi. All of these names were added exactly 10 hours ago:

donald
Alan Smith
Amanda Hart
bgas
Wrightfan
Myk Luhv
rab2591
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:17:39 PM by rab2591 » Logged

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

I would just like to thank everyone involved for keepin up this board's high quota of insanity.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

I would just like to thank everyone involved for keepin up this board's high quota of insanity.

You apparently made a comment in the comments section of the site:

Bubblyy Waves:
does my vote count?

Unless this is actually you.

Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »

I didn't sign it either - not cool guys.

The reason I didn't sign it in the first place was because I thought it was poorly thought out and pointless, since we know fan interest isn't the thing keeping something like this from getting made.

I understand you guys are exited about this idea and eager to help, but this isn't the way to do it and I hope you'll take this thing down.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

These folks are not worth addressing as real people, because they're not. They're trolls, probably disgruntled former member(s), and you can take a guess as to who.  Everything they've posted has been idiotic, including the completely idiotic petition.
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »

This is really tasteless. I will look into the possibility of removing "my" vote. Why call me "Donald" anyway?Huh

If the people behind this are found, please ban them for life.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »

If it's true that anyone's email was poached or any fake signatures were forged then the whole thing should be sh*t-canned. I didn't ask for it. I didn't sign it. I tried to be nice about it. Can't be nice if people are fraudulently going for their goal. How do we confirm what is happening here?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »

^ LOL

Scroll down and click on recent signatures. You can't get a full list of the signatures though. A lot of screen-names from here are on the list, fyi. All of these names were added exactly 10 hours ago:

donald
Alan Smith
Amanda Hart
bgas
Wrightfan
Myk Luhv
rab2591

HAven't been ANYWHERE near the petition and definitely didn't sign it.  
My take is if it's a smiley member who has fraudulently posted our names they should be immediately, permanently, banned.

Where's the MODs?

OH, just to be clear, I didn't visit the noted link above, just to be certain there's no instance of a visit to any petition site(s)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:37:38 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »

^ LOL

donald
Alan Smith
Amanda Hart
bgas
Wrightfan
Myk Luhv
rab2591

Aye, I saw that list of recents but would love to see the rest.

This is identity theft – small scale in this context but I can't believe that anyone would be so crass as to even dip their fingers into such a murky area.

That someone better explain, and fast.  I assume "Rei" and "Jess", those credited with starting the petition, will either down the signatures or be able to suggest what might be happening.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:41:10 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

This is seriously f**ked up. I feel ashamed for signing the damn thing.

Jason
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »

This has just been brought to my attention. Chuck, Billy, Joe, Klaas, and myself are not involved in any way, shape or form with this petition. We have also never given anyone's email addresses out to any third party. For those of you whose emails may have been used, change your passwords as soon as possible. Double check any social networks that may be linked to the email as well.

Little Bird and retrokid67 have 24 hours to explain themselves or they are both going to be banned. No "three strikes" rule this time - fucking around with people's email addresses is a one-way, one-shot ticket to the permaban. Your choice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:50:36 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

You apparently made a comment in the comments section of the site:

Bubblyy Waves:
does my vote count?

Unless this is actually you.

That was not me. Nice to be included, though.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

This has just been brought to my attention. Chuck, Billy, Joe, Klaas, and myself are not involved in any way, shape or form with this petition. We have also never given anyone's email addresses out to any third party. For those of you whose emails may have been used, change your passwords as soon as possible. Double check any social networks that may be linked to the email as well.

Little Bird and retrokid67 have 24 hours to explain themselves or they are both going to be banned. No "three strikes" rule this time - fucking around with people's email addresses is a one-way, one-shot ticket to the permaban. Your choice.

I swear I have nothing to do with any of that and I'm just as confused as you guys are HONESTLY.  it was our idea to make it but Rei  is the one who created it because I told him I wouldn't know where to begin. the only thing I did was sign it and leave a comment and spread the word. I can't speak for Rei but I would never do anything like that just to get my way.  I'm not a troll, just a BB fan and I thought this could help motivate Jon to go through with it because he said that he was trying to tackle this project for years and the "Drummer" got in the way.  now that it's out of the way, Rei and I decided to make this.  I'm sorry to all of you who have been effected by this but I want to let you know that I myself have nothing to do with this  Sad and I hope that Rei isn't the one doing it because it's not that serious.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:06:32 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

Where is my torch and pitchfork when I need it? Evil

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »

I also feel I need to add (found out after PMing a few members): an email address that was NEVER given out in PMs, or to anyone on the board (only used to sign up for the Smiley Smile board) was used to sign up for the petition site. Translate that however you want, but it makes me even more wary about this whole situation.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx