gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:02:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll Get Busted!  (Read 33172 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »

I changed the thread title as a message to the arsehole who hacked the victim's email addresses.

No one is gonna "get busted" judging by the feedback you are receiving from ipetition. No ip tracking puts an end to that. Opening a police case? drama, drama, drama........this is a whole load of bull.....

What I simply don't understand is all the negative comments against me when really I'm only trying to help with this situation. Some people still treat me like I'm the one who did that sh*t. It's very sad to see your petition being signed with fake signatures, and the victims of the fake signatures blame it on me even though I didn't do it. Believe me, I'm completely disgusted about what happened, and it was actually Billy's idea to get the police involved. If he does, I'll support it 100%. I want to find out who did this!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2014, 06:56:07 AM »

I changed the thread title as a message to the arsehole who hacked the victim's email addresses.

No one is gonna "get busted" judging by the feedback you are receiving from ipetition. No ip tracking puts an end to that. Opening a police case? drama, drama, drama........this is a whole load of bull.....

What I simply don't understand is all the negative comments against me when really I'm only trying to help with this situation. Some people still treat me like I'm the one who did that sh*t. It's very sad to see your petition being signed with fake signatures, and the victims of the fake signatures blame it on me even though I didn't do it. Believe me, I'm completely disgusted about what happened, and it was actually Billy's idea to get the police involved. If he does, I'll support it 100%. I want to find out who did this!

Listen, I'm pretty sure I believe that it wasn't you that did all this. However, you gotta realize that this "petition" was gonna do dick about getting this Dennis documentary/movie/whatever made. It's not like if we get enough signatures the President is gonna mandate that the movie has to be made. So I think the reason that this is pissing a lot of us off is that we thought it was a stupid idea in the first place, and now our email addresses have been used against our will. It's a pain in the ass.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »

Listen, I'm pretty sure I believe that it wasn't you that did all this. However, you gotta realize that this "petition" was gonna do dick about getting this Dennis documentary/movie/whatever made. It's not like if we get enough signatures the President is gonna mandate that the movie has to be made. So I think the reason that this is pissing a lot of us off is that we thought it was a stupid idea in the first place, and now our email addresses have been used against our will. It's a pain in the ass.

This.

Seriously Rockno1fan/Bird in a Tree/Jarhead/whatever - you can't act surprised when people get pissed at you for not thoroughly thinking your posts through. Because it leads to sh*t like this. I mean, police involvement? I'm all for it, but police could be out catching actual criminals instead of looking up an IP address for someone who forged signatures on a petition that was headed for failure from the start.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2014, 07:09:31 AM »

Don't worry, officer Jughead is on the case to find who did this. I am seriously pissed about this whole mess.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »

Weren't there only two people who seemed enthused about this petition from the start? I think that's why everyone still assumes it's one of those two people.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »

I signed because I'm not against the idea of the documentary. Its not something I actively want (like a reissue of Stebbins' book), but why not sign it anyway...even if the statement written for the iPetition page looked like it had been hastily typed in 2 minutes by a kid...which really didn't give off the best impression of the project from the start. But then of course the whole thing had to be spammed around the board.
Who was the petition appealing to anyway?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:21:39 AM by Woodstock » Logged

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2014, 07:28:31 AM »

it would be a stupid idea for a person who created a petition to ruin it by adding false signatures and hacking other people's emails   Undecided. I was particularly happy when we only had 30 votes.  it might have been written amateurish but we both explained here that this was supposed to motivate Jon Stebbins.  The expanded documentary is his project that was being held up by "The Drummer".  the petition was to help get the word out there.  and it seems that the only people who've gotten hacked came from this board.  Angry I am just as angry as everyone else if not more because this wasn't intended for all of this and I nearly got kicked off the board for something I KNOW I didn't do and Rei claims he didn't either.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:31:58 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »

even if the statement written for the iPetition page looked like it had been hastily typed in 2 minutes by a kid...

because it was

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:29 AM »

it would be a stupid idea for a person who created a petition to ruin it by adding false signatures and hacking other people's emails   Undecided. I was particularly happy when we only had 30 votes.  it might have been written amateurish but we both explained here that this was supposed to motivate Jon Stebbins.  The expanded documentary is his project that was being held up by "The Drummer".  the petition was to help get the word out there.  and it seems that the only people who've gotten hacked came from this board.  Angry I am just as angry as everyone else if not more because this wasn't intended for all of this and I nearly got kicked off the board for something I KNOW I didn't do and Rei claims he didn't either.

So you put up a petition to "motivate" Jon Stebbins? Here's an idea, send him a personal message and "motivate" him yourself.

And I'm pretty sure you weren't involved in the whole email scandal, but here's the thing, you and your buddy did start the petition and annoyed the a whole lot of the board with it. So it annoys a lot of a us that you guys keep talking about how mad you are. It's wonderful, you're upset too, great. My advice to both of you though would probably be to lay low and stop posting unless you actually have something to add on this topic.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »

So you put up a petition to "motivate" Jon Stebbins? Here's an idea, send him a personal message and "motivate" him yourself.

And I'm pretty sure you weren't involved in the whole email scandal, but here's the thing, you and your buddy did start the petition and annoyed the a whole lot of the board with it. So it annoys a lot of a us that you guys keep talking about how mad you are. It's wonderful, you're upset too, great. My advice to both of you though would probably be to lay low and stop posting unless you actually have something to add on this topic.

I actually did give him a personal message and I for one wasn't trying to annoy anybody and if I did I'm sorry it wasn't my intent I'm just sick of being falsely accused  by others
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:22:58 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2014, 08:30:54 AM »

I actually did give him a personal message and I for one wasn't trying to annoy anybody and if I did I'm sorry it wasn't my intent 
They say the "road to hell is paved with good intentions." However well-meaning, trying to get signatures, from a internet source, which does not use "real names" to exert pressure of some type upon a documentarian, seems ill-placed.  And, I love the passion of some of the newer fans, and am flattered that young people would choose the music of the first and second generation BB fans.  Notwithstanding, that music is universal. It shows these fans have an open mind as far as music is concerned and we surely could have used your passion for the music a while back, during the "drought."

There is a "Brian" movie this year.  The marketplace can only take so much "saturation." When I heard that there were TWO movies, it struck me as just over-the-top, and not because there isn't a "story" with Dennis that is not only important to be told, but that most long-time fans would be delighted to see, if well-done, not sensationalized, and which highlights what Dennis "brought to the table" from the inception of the band.  But, timing is everything, and this is not the year for a Dennis movie, with resources advancing a movie about Brian.  And, I'm not looking for a soap opera on Dennis, but for a story that captures his place in the band, the excitement he conjured among fans, for a sport, for car racing on the side, and for composing that appears to be largely "self-taught" when he wasn't taken seriously, in the earlier days.

It seems a little too much "high drama" to have credibility, with this petition, as many people have VPN's and use Tor browsers so people can mask their true IP address.  This is hardly a matter for the FBI, or police, who could probably ascertain whose computer generated the emails and apparently hacked email addresses. 

It is annoying to me to see thread titles change as well as names, because I think it is deceptive, in this tempest-in-a-teapot controversy.  A little "under the radar" time might not be a bad idea for those involved, as suggested above.    Wink
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »

Maybe this thread should be deleted entirely? There is no more petition. The petition was a dumb idea to begin with. Why would you petition one person, especially since that person already agrees he'd like to expand the documentary? It's pointless. Not to mention the fact it is completely unrealistic that this movie would ever be released in theaters, if that was the idea (which seems to be one of many different ideas that were floated here). There's no marketplace for it. For a DVD, yes. Or perhaps a one-off theatrical presentation for an evening at one independent rep theater in a major city such as LA or NY. But that it will ever be distributed across the country in the local multiplexes? It won't happen. If Brian has major producers backing his film and he has been having a hard time finding a distributor, you can bet an independent documentary without major backing doesn't have a chance.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:09 AM »

Maybe this thread should be deleted entirely?

Throw it in the sandbox I reckon

Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »

Perhaps a petition should be started to have this thread deleted?
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »

I am guessing a "former" member of the board did this. There seems to have been no actual hacking. If your profile has your email displayed publicly,  it is there for anyone, member or not, to copy and use. I would advise those affected to make their email addresses private.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

If your profile has your email displayed publicly,  it is there for anyone, member or not, to copy and use. I would advise those affected to make their email addresses private.

I think that might be mystery solved. I notice its says "hidden" when not logged in.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2014, 01:15:39 PM »

If your profile has your email displayed publicly,  it is there for anyone, member or not, to copy and use. I would advise those affected to make their email addresses private.

I think that might be mystery solved. I notice its says "hidden" when not logged in.
Not sure. I checked a couple victims profiles when I wasn't logged in and their email addys were still displayed. I do see that some of the victims emails are private. They may have changed it as a result of this. If not, then ya got me. Even a board member can't see a private email addy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:32:56 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »

Agree with Kittykat's "delete" proposal though I hope the mods won't be hasty over this - let's not do anything rash to prevent a re-occurance like imposing a minimum age for board use, or insisting on parental permission or anything …

“We live in divisive times.”
bluesno1fann
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2014, 02:11:52 PM »

This.

Seriously Mr. Jarhead, you can't act surprised when people get pissed at you for not thoroughly thinking your posts through. Because it leads to sh*t like this. I mean, police involvement? I'm all for it, but police could be out catching actual criminals instead of looking up an IP address for someone who forged signatures on a petition that was headed for failure from the start.

I guess. But it was Billy's idea to contact the police, and I happen to strongly support. Not only will it clear my name as well as Jess's once and for all, but it will reveal who did this. Don't the victims want that?

I suppose the petition should have been thought out more instead of being released prematurely. And to be fair, the petition got at least over 50 real signatures before all this mess happened. So it wasn't entirely headed for failure.

Judging by people's attitudes on this thread, I'm just going to leave this case to the mods entirely. What happens, happens.

As Jess said just before, I'm sorry for annoying a lot of people, it was never our intention at all.

Just so you all know, The Petition won't be deleted until we find out who it was, cops or no cops. The mods will take it from here, because I've had it with the whole situation.

No need to move it to the Sandbox. It's about time I lock this thread
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx