gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:40:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #21 Winner: TIL I DIE  (Read 60415 times)
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »

FEET
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »

Anything involving avocado cream has to go - Feet.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »

I'm even less surprised.

Take A Load Off Your Feet
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »

feet

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »

Disney Girls

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »

Feet.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
zachrwolfe
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:25:20 PM by zatch » Logged
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »

Feet
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »

Fake a Load Off Your Teat
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »

I don't skip any tracks when I listen to this album, which is often.  Played MiC disc #6 and Sunflower last night.  I love the "Don't Go Near The Water" backing track, and will be hard to bonk that one when the time comes.  But, that's not tonight.
My Maxwell's taking out:
"Take A Load Off Yer' Foot, Pete"  My favorite part of this one is Brian's opening line.  It's hard to bonk any of them really.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:17:54 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2014, 04:02:03 PM »

Take a Load Off Your Feet
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

A Day in the Life of a Tree
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »

feet

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »

Take a Load Off Your Feet
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

Long Promised Road

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »

Lookin' at Tomorrow, mainly because I think the production is muddier than Take a Load Off and I think the rest are on a level above those two.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:32 PM »

Long Promised Road

Seriously?
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

Lookin at tomorrow
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »

Long Promised Road undoubtedly has some of the worst verse lyrics I've ever heard. "...so hard to laugh a childlike giggle when the tears start to torture my mind"? "..so hard to lift the jewelled sceptre when the weight turns the smile to a frown"? Seriously? These comically overwrought lyrics are just plain awkward to listen to. In fact, the entire narrative sounds heavily laboured; it's the anti-thesis of one of the greatest strengths of the Beach Boys in that direct human emotion has been compromised in favour of promoting high-school imagery in an exercise to be deemed "cool and deep" by pseudo-intellectuals. It's transparent, tacky and smells of desperation. I will say that the instrumentation of the bridge is competent, unfortunately, I really struggle getting past the banality of the chorus to give it the attention it deserves.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »

Long Promised Road undoubtedly has some of the worst verse lyrics I've ever heard. "...so hard to laugh a childlike giggle when the tears start to torture my mind"? "..so hard to lift the jewelled sceptre when the weight turns the smile to a frown"? Seriously? These comically overwrought lyrics are just plain awkward to listen to. In fact, the entire narrative sounds heavily laboured; it's the anti-thesis of one of the greatest strengths of the Beach Boys in that direct human emotion has been compromised in favour of promoting high-school imagery in an exercise to be deemed "cool and deep" by pseudo-intellectuals. It's transparent, tacky and smells of desperation. I will say that the instrumentation of the bridge is competent, unfortunately, I really struggle getting past the banality of the chorus to give it the attention it deserves.

I felt the same way for a long time but I've learned to accept the BB's lyrical incompetence. Very few of their songs after Smile have what most would consider "good" lyrics.

Seriously compare their lyrics in that era (or any era) to those of their contemporaries. It's like they completely lacked taste. Just listen to Add Some Music To Your Day. I love that song musically, but the lyrics are bad, bad, bad. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:34:04 PM by Gabo » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2014, 06:52:09 PM »

I felt the same way for a long time but I've learned to accept the BB's lyrical incompetence. Very few of their songs after Smile have what most would consider "good" lyrics.

Seriously compare their lyrics in that era (or any era) to those of their contemporaries. It's like they completely lacked taste. Just listen to Add Some Music To Your Day. I love that song musically, but the lyrics are bad, bad, bad. 

If you've learned to accept the Beach Boy's lyrical incompitance, then how come you can't accept in your opinion Dennis's severe lyrical incompitance?
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2014, 07:19:54 PM »

If you've learned to accept the Beach Boy's lyrical incompitance, then how come you can't accept in your opinion Dennis's severe lyrical incompitance?

Reread my earlier comments. Dennis's lyrics have a completely different tone than Brian's or anyone else in the band, and I frankly don't like them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:32:47 PM by Gabo » Logged
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »

'Lookin' at Tomorrow"
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:03 PM »

Disney Girls
bossaroo