gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:32:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where did the Wilson brothers get their kindness streak from?  (Read 2219 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

For all their faults, demons and questionable behavior over the years, one thing has to be said for the Wilson brothers – from my point of view, they seem/seemed to be exceptionally kind, genuine, empathetic, and generous people at their core. Stories I’ve read in books/online and heard firsthand from my friends (closer to the Wilson brothers than I) seem to corroborate my feeling that all 3 of them seem/seemed to have unusually big hearts, and could be more selfless than most other people I’ve ever known. Especially Carl, but I'd apply this to all 3 brothers.

As a simplified view, I imagine the Wilson brothers got their hardworking/motivated streak from their dad, but the deep kindness and “genuinely good person stuff” from their mom.

As Murry messed them up so deeply (despite his warped “good” intentions), I would have to think that Audree Wilson was THE reason for the Wilson brothers’ kindness streak. I have to assume she was a truly, truly special, kind and empathetic person who deeply implanted traits that make people “good people” in her sons. I’m not saying that she (or anyone in the BB universe) is/was a saint, but I would think that she’d had to have been an exceptionally special person herself.

What do we know about Audree as a person/parent as it relates to my question?
I’ve read very little about her. 

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

They got it from Al.  Al's so fucking obnoxiously nice the entire school couldn't help but let it rub off on them.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »

Yes, but where did Al get his kindness streak from?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:49:16 AM »

The Kingston Trio.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:56 AM »

In my experience, people who are abused often show great empathy towards others, especially those who are suffering. So maybe Murry's beatings and intimidation also caused the kindness.

But this is a silly question and all too much like armchair psychology for me.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »

Audree.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:56:12 AM »

The Kingston Trio.

LOL LOL LOL
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »

Of course we've all read the famous Murry letter in which he basically said Audree raised their sons like they were girls.  The old coot seemed to think that his wife ruined Brian, Dennis and Carl by going too easy on them and not allowing him (Murry) to discipline them as harshly as he'd like.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:03 AM »

Of course we've all read the famous Murry letter in which he basically said Audree raised their sons like they were girls.  The old coot seemed to think that his wife ruined Brian, Dennis and Carl by going too easy on them and not allowing him (Murry) to discipline them as harshly as he'd like.
Amazing the effect that the Great Depression had on men from that era. I knew many a friend's fathers who thought like that, as well as my own.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »

Of course we've all read the famous Murry letter in which he basically said Audree raised their sons like they were girls.  The old coot seemed to think that his wife ruined Brian, Dennis and Carl by going too easy on them and not allowing him (Murry) to discipline them as harshly as he'd like.
Amazing the effect that the Great Depression had on men from that era. I knew many a friend's fathers who thought like that, as well as my own.

I wonder if Murry, at any point in his life, ever realized that he'd made some big mistakes as a parent. It did seem he was very quick to blame others.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 01:35:15 PM »

I think without psychotherapy, that isn't likely to happen if Murry thought there wasn't any reason to feel culpable about his behaviour.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 04:15:24 PM »

The old coot seemed to think that his wife ruined Brian, Dennis and Carl by going too easy on them and not allowing him (Murry) to discipline them as harshly as he'd like.

Man, imagine what THAT would have been like...I shudder to think!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx