-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Bill Nye to debate against creationism tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Nye to debate against creationism tonight.  (Read 1683 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »

Looking forward to this.  I watched Nye all the time as a kid.  I'm sure this will be great.
http://debatelive.org

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »

Thanks for the link!

I wasn't sure when this was. I've been hearing about it for the last month, won't miss this!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:48 PM »

These things can be fun to watch, but sometimes I just get depressed with them. They are typically held--as this one is, from what I see--at a location that anoints a winner before they begin. Held at the Creationism Museum? Ooookay. Sounds legit. They're also often held at religious colleges or universities. There is some faux-high minded talk of being open to being challenged and just seeking truth, but then the event begins and it's not much different than two groups of fans rooting on their home teams, or more specifically two groups of fans awaiting good zingers, as opposed to people listening to the debate and actually thinking through the questions. Don't get me wrong, I love (on occasion) a good Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennett, Nye, Price, Krauss, or any number of others' debates. But they don't do much good, and sadly usually everyone walks out proud his team won.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »

Discussion here: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread996157/pg1

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: