gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:53:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TeenSet June 1965-- BBs Adventures In Europe  (Read 3852 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »

Such a classy mag was TeenSet at the outset; too bad they reduced their BBs content as the issues went by.  
Showing the cover and title page, cuz they have more pics not in the article. And just think! $5 for one free album when they were selling at the store for $3-4...    

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:06:19 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:38:09 PM »

I liked the author's descriptive writing style. The article went interesting, lots of never-read-befores. Some of my favorites:

He threw an order for chop suey but looked hungrily at the piano. ... unable to wait longer, he edged the piano player off the stool and started whomping the keys in a creative frenzy. The piano player yanked the stool away. Brian continued to bang the piano sitting on the floor. ... a bruiser-bouncer with Samson muscles & Frankenstein eyebrows broke his trance by slamming down the keyboard cover. Brian darted out into the street, whistled up a Danish cab and raced back to the Royal hotel.

He conceived a sudden mad passion for a huge golden goddess statue in the courtyard of the Palais de Challion. Vowing to steal a kiss, he leaped to the edge of a water-filled moat. ... climbed a three-tiered fountain, hauled himself up a 10-foot column to reach his love goddess & began kissing her cool smiling metallic mouth. Quick-thinking Al Jardine yelled, "Cheese it! The cops!" That brought Brian down quick.

The latter is beyond insane, though. If it weren't for Brian, I'd be scared of anyone acting in public as such.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »

Thanks for posting that story. I've always loved that tale of Brian kissing the stature. And Earl Leaf really nailed Carl's personality.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx