-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Golf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Golf  (Read 5552 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

Anybody here play the wonderful game of golf?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »

I took some golfing lessons a few summers ago, I'd say learning golf was a very rewarding experience.

However, I'll always prefer Frolf Smiley

bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »

I gave golf a try once, I was hopeless  LOL

But ultimately, it's just not my cup of tea  Smiley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »

Anybody else here play golf?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »

I do.  Or at least I'd like to think I 'play' golf.  Last season I wanted to break 90 for the first time in the 7 years since I took up the game and bought some clubs.  91 was the best I could do.  I'm just under 100 as often as I'm just over the 'mendoza' line.  For me...I need to play a minimum of 3 times a week if I want to improve.  Going to the driving range and practicing on the pratice green...chipping and putting helps me too.   Maybe this year? angel

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[skin] LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »

It is a game of practice. Grin

I work at a golf course and nothing has changed since caddyshack! Cool Guy

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »

Alice Cooper is one hell of a golfer.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

True that. Addsome, post a picture of your set of clubs!

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »

I once found an abandoned golf club near the bushes in the parking lot for my local fair grounds. I carried it with me while I walked until I realized that I didn't actually know why I was carrying it, so I put it in the bed of some guy's truck.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »

let me guess, a nine iron was found?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »

Was it yours?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 04:25:52 PM »

yes, give it back!

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »

3 years ago I was beside myself because my 7 iron had gone missing.  You know how you sometimes leave clubs lying around the green while you putt?  I looked in the club lost and found...left word at the clubhouse...and...nothing.

About 5 days later I left for Toronto on a work asignment and decided I'd go to 'Golf Town' to see if I could replace my 7 iron.  My clubs...at THAT point 4 years old were obsolete...7 'models' out of date.  I was advised to go to 'brand name' dot com and try and find a used one.  Mightily disappointed I returned to my hotel room...looked in my golf bag and THERE was my 7 iron.  I had filed it in the wrong spot and had simply overlooked it...like at least a dozen times. Embarrassed

Doi oip dee doip! LOL

One of my buddies leaves a club behind at some green at LEAST twice...EVERY season. Shocked

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »

It happens all the time at the course I work at. It's usually a short iron or wedge that is found on the course. 4 year old clubs are not obsolete. Embarrassed

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 06:46:32 PM »

No ... they're not.  BUT they don't 'stock' 'em...'cause that was 7 models ago.  Now, 3 years later, I'm gearing up to use them again.  And they WORK too.  No...MY problem is the balls.  Damn things won't co-operate.  I think they 'cure' them in urine.  AND...before they sell them they store them either in water or in a forest somewhere.  Those friggin' balls have been TRAINED. Shocked

Hey Now!!!! Angry  It's NOT the guy holding the clubs!!! Wink

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 04:02:14 AM »

LOL what kind of ball do you use?

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »

LOL what kind of ball do you use?

You meant BallS right?  I use 'LOTS'.  Some times I'll go a week or so and not lose a ball.  Then I'll drop 3 from the 'supplies' on ONE 'blinkin' hole.

Callaway El Diablos...or 'Titliest' Pro Vs...as they're now affectionately known.

My wife freaked out.  "What are THESE?  Tit li est?  What the...?"  No dear that's Title-est. LOL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »

LOL LOL LOL

I am a novice golfer with a bag of old ping clubs from the 1980s right now. Good thing they are greatest clubs ever made: The Ping Eye 2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: