-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Opening the Gates of Hell: Petition to Unban Everyone
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Opening the Gates of Hell: Petition to Unban Everyone  (Read 14599 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »

For one day, set either on April 1st or the 4th of July, I want the mods to open the floodgates and unban everybody. Just think of the fun we would have.

This is a good idea. Agreed?

bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:24:14 PM »

Agreed. But I say people like OSD should be unbanned, and people like I.Spaceman deserve to remain banned
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »

Agreed. But I say people like OSD should be unbanned, and people like I.Spaceman deserve to remain banned
So in other words, you disagree.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »

So in other words, you disagree.

You know, I think this is going to be hard. A lot of people who are banned do deserve to be unbanned like OSD. But there are complete pricks such as I.Spaceman who deserves to remain banned.

You know what? f*** it. I say everyone should be unbanned. Even people like I.Spaceman!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:38 PM »

Frankly, I don't care who is or isn't unbanned. I was just making fun of your post's inherent contradiction. But I will say this: if there were some grand unbanning, I'd prefer that people with opinions and the knowledge to back them up be unbanned before sad old trolls. The last thing this board needs is more idiots.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »

You know what? f*** it. I say everyone should be unbanned. Even people like I.Spaceman!

Someone who sends death threats (to me & my family or anyone else) will never be unbanned as long as I'm a mod

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »

Frankly, I don't care who is or isn't unbanned. I was just making fun of your post's inherent contradiction. But I will say this: if there were some grand unbanning, I'd prefer that people with opinions and the knowledge to back them up be unbanned before sad old trolls. The last thing this board needs is more idiots.

Gonna have to agree with you there  Rock!

Though to be perfectly realistic, I highly doubt this will ever happen. Ever.  Thud
bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »

Someone who sends death threats (to me & my family or anyone else) will never be unbanned as long as I'm a mod

That was horrendously disgusting what he did, and if anything happens I sort-of hope he remains banned.

Judging by other posts he made, he was a complete prick anyway. So I totally sympathize with you.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »

When did this happen thank f*** I missed that

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »

When did this happen thank f*** I missed that

I missed it too, but I stumbled upon this old thread recently:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15267.0.html

The threats itself were PM's only, but still it was fucking disgusting
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »

People are banned for a reason and they need to stay banned.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 11:37:17 PM »

I'm so sorry that happened...that must have been really rough for you. Shame too, cuz his posts can be really funny.

If it wasn't clear, this is just a joke. It would be hellish if everyone were unbanned.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:54:05 PM by Woodstock » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 12:48:10 AM »

I'm so sorry that happened...that must have been really rough for you. Shame too, cuz his posts can be really funny.

If it wasn't clear, this is just a joke. It would be hellish if everyone were unbanned.

I reckon a few people deserve to be unbanned. But yeah, it's best that not everyone should be unbanned
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 12:57:55 AM »

People are banned for a reason and they need to stay banned.
Totally agree with you, MB! Though, if you started talking about the banhammered folks, why, of all people, go on remembering I. Spaceman? I think it's disrespectful to remind Billy of that case. Come on, there were many others, except him & old surfer.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 01:13:27 AM »

That was horrendously disgusting what he did, and if anything happens I sort-of hope he remains banned.

Judging by other posts he made, he was a complete prick anyway. So I totally sympathize with you.

I think a good number of his posts are pretty amazing - dude really knew his music and it's always a pleasure to re-read them when I go through old topics.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:59 AM »

I think a good number of his posts are pretty amazing - dude really knew his music and it's always a pleasure to re-read them when I go through old topics.

His treatment to people he disliked was enough for him to be banned, In fact that was why he was banned in the first place.
The death threats to poor Billy only made sure he would never return
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 01:35:21 AM »

His treatment to people he disliked was enough for him to be banned, In fact that was why he was banned in the first place.
The death threats to poor Billy only made sure he would never return.
Ovi got the point, actually, and I think even Billy himself will confirm that Ian made some of the most informative posts in the board's history. But it isn't questioned here, what I'll never understand is how easily he got away with all the offensive stuff he'd told the folks. To my knowledge, he never was banned till that sad case. Suspect it's sth. to do with his long-term buddy relationship with The Real Beach Boy. And one would use simple logic that everyone must be equal before the rules.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:37:04 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »

The death threats to poor Billy only made sure he would never return.
Ovi got the point, actually, and I think even Billy himself will confirm that Ian made some of the most informative posts in the board's history. But it isn't questioned here, what I'll never understand is how easily he got away with all the offensive stuff he'd told the folks. To my knowledge, he never was banned till that sad case. Suspect it's sth. to do with his long-term buddy relationship with The Real Beach Boy. And one would use simple logic that everyone must be equal before the rules.

True. He was also good friends with Billy, and Billy even apologized for the ban to him before Ian started the death threats.
I agree that he should have been banned a long time before he was.

Someone I would like unbanned is Ethan Clarke. He deeply, and genuinely regretted posting the gore pics. People were complaining he didn't look like he regretted it and was trying to get people to sympathize with him. But he has Autism so it can be really hard for people with Autism to communicate and show their feelings properly. After that nasty incident, he proved to be quite a good person who contributed greatly on the board with no incidents. Then Pixletwin and Stephen started going at him (to an extent, justifiable), Ethan makes one remark (People with Autism act like that under pressure) and Jason unfairly banned him. I say unban Ethan, and OSD of course. Now he's someone who's informative posts is deeply missed (especially by Smile Brian). He may have gone too far with the Mike bashing, but at least he never abused anyone or sent death threats!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »

Someone I would like unbanned is Ethan Clarke. He deeply, and genuinely regretted posting the gore pics. People were complaining he didn't look like he regretted it and was trying to get people to sympathize with him. But he has Autism so it can be really hard for people with Autism to communicate and show their feelings properly. After that nasty incident, he proved to be quite a good person who contributed greatly on the board with no incidents. Then Pixletwin and Stephen started going at him (to an extent, justifiable), Ethan makes one remark (People with Autism act like that under pressure) and Jason unfairly banned him. I say unban Ethan, and OSD of course. Now he's someone who's informative posts is deeply missed (especially by Smile Brian). He may have gone too far with the Mike bashing, but at least he never abused anyone or sent death threats!
Now that's someone who was undeservedly banned. I definitely wasn't alone on thinking TRBB was a bit too rough concerning Ethan. I don't see how it's so difficult to forgive someone who apologized for his actions, & not once. Whatever, the done is done & he still got banned. At least, he made history by posting one of the rarest images we've seen of The BBs.

RE OSD, I've nothing against him, but all that "Bring Back OSD" campaign seemed sorta ridiculous, as well as unhealthy obsession with him. Anyway, as I've said, enough of talking these folks, there are others unmentioned.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 04:54:56 AM »

Now that's someone who was undeservedly banned. I definitely wasn't alone on thinking TRBB was a bit too rough concerning Ethan. I don't see how it's so difficult to forgive someone who apologized for his actions, & not once. Whatever, the done is done & he still got banned. At least, he made history by posting one of the rarest images we've seen of The BBs.

RE OSD, I've nothing against him, but all that "Bring Back OSD" campaign seemed sorta ridiculous, as well as unhealthy obsession with him. Anyway, as I've said, enough of talking these folks, there are others unmentioned.

Agreed with OSD. While I do think he should be unbanned, I find the obsession with him with some people to be insane!

I really hope that at least one of the mods (hopefully Billy as he was sympathetic) would come to their senses and unblock Ethan Clarke!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »

Agreed with OSD. While I do think he should be unbanned, I find the obsession with him with some people to be insane!

There's no obsession with OSD...some folks just liked him, myself included.

I really hope that at least one of the mods (hopefully Billy as he was sympathetic) would come to their senses and unblock Ethan Clarke!

That will never happen. Saying the mods should "come to their senses" is just not appropriate considering what Ethan did. He may have been nice, but he was unstable.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »

Really? Then how would you describe the endless following his posts by his little circle of "fans", so to speak?

That will never happen. Saying the mods should "come to their senses" is just not appropriate considering what Ethan did. He may have been nice, but he was unstable.
So was I. Spaceman (or quoting hypehat, not my words, "Spaceass").

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:42 AM »

Its really just because they think he doesn't deserve to be banned and would like to see him back here. That's not an obsession, or being a fan. That's just wanting a peer back here posting.

He's been a fan a long time, and it seems a bit sad to me he's been banned from the best BB site.

So was I. Spaceman (or quoting hypehat, not my words, "Spaceass").

Agreed. I believe hypehat also called him a "fuckknuckle"

bluesno1fann
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 05:36:25 AM »

I wouldn't say he was too unstable, after the gore pictures incident, he proved to be a great member of this board for over a year, and was a great contributor. It's also worth noting that he really made an effort to change, and in a way I think he succeeded. Pixletwin and Stephen (and earlier, I.Spaceman) were pushing and attacking Ethan on that last thread. Ethan shouldn't have made that hypocritical comment, and I can understand why the two were angry, but I do feel for Ethan. He has Autism, and people with Autism can't really cope with pressure, and they can get hurt easily. Perhaps the two (and Jason) could have been more understanding. He made the last two comments because he didn't know what else to say, he was freaking out. And while that is abnormal behaviour for normal people, it was most likely how Ethan coped with the attacks on him, and he was obviously very upset.
Ethan did not fully deserve the treatment he got that day, and with his condition, he couldn't really help it, which is something the others didn't realize. Jason in particular should have handled that a lot better as he is a mod.
I still say Ethan should be unbanned!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:26 AM »

I wouldn't say he was too unstable, after the gore pictures incident, he proved to be a great member of this board for over a year, and was a great contributor. It's also worth noting that he really made an effort to change, and in a way I think he succeeded. Pixletwin and Stephen (and earlier, I.Spaceman) were pushing and attacking Ethan on that last thread. Ethan shouldn't have made that hypocritical comment, and I can understand why the two were angry, but I do feel for Ethan. He has Autism, and people with Autism can't really cope with pressure, and they can get hurt easily. Perhaps the two (and Jason) could have been more understanding. He made the last two comments because he didn't know what else to say, he was freaking out. And while that is abnormal behaviour for normal people, it was most likely how Ethan coped with the attacks on him, and he was obviously very upset.
Ethan did not fully deserve the treatment he got that day, and with his condition, he couldn't really help it, which is something the others didn't realize. Jason in particular should have handled that a lot better as he is a mod.
I still say Ethan should be unbanned!

This times a million. Ethan really tried to fit back in, and a lot of posters here sh*t all over that. They'd tear apart any comment of his. I swear, he couldn't post one comment without someone bringing up the pictures incident. To be fair, he would sometimes subtly bring it up as well, but I think he truly wanted to fit in here, and laughing at his own mistake was the best thing he could think of to fit back in. Taking into account his situation, you'd think the adults on this board would be a little more sympathetic about his actions. The kid has aspergers syndrome, explained that he hadn't taken his meds, and apologized profusely for what he did. But, I guess some grown-up posters here couldn't handle that.

This is a Beach Boys forum. You'd think the message of Love and Mercy would be a little more prevalent.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: