gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680882 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 10:35:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #19 WINNER: BREAKAWAY!!  (Read 54526 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »

Breakaway

“We live in divisive times.”
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »

Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again

I thought it was on course to absolutely storm this round - very disappointed to see Breakaway in the lead. I think it'd be nice if a Brian song didn't win every single round. I like Breakaway, but to me, it's not Brian at his best. It just sort of... ends. WIBNTLA is so moving - incredible song. It lived up to the hype, which is rare indeed. Dennis deserves to win this one.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:59:26 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »

damn brianistas  Grin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »

Breakaway

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #329 on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »

Wouldn't it be Nice To live again
High on a hill
Making love again

Whoever said
That love could die
Whoever said
The very first lie
Whoever said
Goodbye
Tell me whoever said
A girl can't cry
I know I can cry
And we'll live our life alone
And I know it's all right
It's all right

I'll show you a place
That can't be seen
High above the clouds
Just you and me

I know we can live
With love
Simple and living life
Just you and me
Whoever said
Goodbye
Tell me whoever said
A man shouldn't cry
I know you can cry
And we'll live our life alone
And I know it's all right
Honey it's all right

D'you think we can live again ?
Yeah
Yeah
Yeah
bluesno1fann
« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »

I thought it was on course to absolutely storm this round - very disappointed to see Breakaway in the lead. I think it'd be nice if a Brian song didn't win every single round. I like Breakaway, but to me, it's not Brian at his best. It just sort of... ends. WIBNTLA is so moving - incredible song. It lived up to the hype, which is rare indeed. Dennis deserves to win this one.

Agreed. It's those damn Brianistas, no surprise they're going for Breakaway and Soulful Old Man Sunshine.
As Dennistas, we must get more people to vote for this brilliant track!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »

Breakaway!!

Heavenly vocals by the group (tag in particular), up there with WIBN in my opinion as one of the best group vocal performancs they ever cut Smiley)

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »

Live Again
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »

Soulful Old Man Sunshine

I love it!
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »

You don't have to be a 'Brianista' to think that "Live Again" is magnificent but that "Break Away" is even better. And it doesn't "just end", it ends with a completely new section in true BBs style.  

Please delete my account
zachrwolfe
« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:26:07 PM by zatch » Logged
G.C
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »

Breakaway!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »

Breakaway whenever I play the chords of this song on my guitar I cant help but think what if Brian had been
able to break loose from the destructive lifestyle choices of that time, and if the song had just gotten traction to
place a top spot in the charts -- would that have given him that hope?

If you are torn between any two of these songs, please vote for breakaway it deserves your vote!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »

That song is nothing short of incredible, and I will never forget my first time hearing it,

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »

Breakaway whenever I play the chords of this song on my guitar I cant help but think what if Brian had been
able to break loose from the destructive lifestyle choices of that time, and if the song had just gotten traction to

If you are torn between any two of these songs, please vote for breakaway it deserves your vote!

Nope. WIBNTLA deserves your vote.

WIBNTLA is one of Denny's best songs, as well as one of the best songs the BB's ever made.
As good as Breakaway is, it's not even one of Brian's best songs, and falls far short of WIBNTLA. Same with Soulful Old Man Shunshine.

Breakaway and SOMS are neither half as powerful or beautiful as WIBNTLA!

Obviously the Brianistas disagree, as they must have Brian's songs win every single round.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:25:59 PM by zatch » Logged
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »

Breakaway, just listen to this damn masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Siahb5LuE
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »

Breakaway

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »

WIBNTLA is one of Denny's best songs, as well as one of the best songs the BB's ever made.
As good as Breakaway is, it's not even one of Brian's best songs, and falls far short of WIBNTLA. Same with Soulful Old Man Shunshine.

Obviously the Brianistas disagree, as they must have Brian's songs win every single round.

This is such a frustrating sentiment.

Your entire message was pure opinion, but you present it as though it's fact. If anybody sees it different than you, it's because they're wrong and they have some grudge against Dennis. We're just all Brianistas who can't bear to think that a Dennis song should receive a single vote.
When, in reality, we all have different opinions. I don't think it's one of the best songs they did. It's alright, but the legacy of the song and its ties to Dennis make you vote for this song. Which is exactly what you attack "Brianistas" for doing.

Perhaps I don't drool over this song like you do, and I find "Soulful Old Man Sunshine" to be a more pleasant, enjoyable listen. Is that okay with you?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:34:33 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:06 PM »

Agreed. It's those damn Brianistas, no surprise they're going for Breakaway and Soulful Old Man Sunshine.
As Dennistas, we must get more people to vote for this brilliant track!

Live Again for the win  Grin

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »

This is such a frustrating sentiment.

Your entire message was pure opinion, but you present it as though it's fact. If anybody sees it different than you, it's because they're wrong and they have some grudge against Dennis. We're just all Brianistas who can't bear to think that a Dennis song should receive a single vote.
When, in reality, we all have different opinions. I don't think it's one of the best songs they did. It's alright, but the legacy of the song and its ties to Dennis make you vote for this song. Which is exactly what you attack "Brianistas" for doing.

Perhaps I don't drool over this song like you do, and I find "Soulful Old Man Sunshine" to be a more pleasant, enjoyable listen. Is that okay with you?

If WIBNTLA was written by anyone else, I'd still say the same thing. It's just a mind-blowing, staggeringly majestically powerful song and the fact that it doesn't even have half as many votes as Breakaway is Bullshit in my opinion

Don't get me wrong, Breakaway is also a brilliant song, and it deserved to make it to the finals, same for Shunshine. But neither aren't nearly as good as WIBNTLA, and I'm just shocked that it's not a landslide win like Little Girl I Once Knew on the other thread, let alone being beaten by a song which isn't even one of Brian's best
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »

Soulful Old Man Sunshine

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2014, 06:33:19 PM »

Wouldn't It Be Nice to Live Again

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »

wheres cotton fields

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2014, 07:38:48 PM »

wheres cotton fields

Cottonfields has already been voted out.

You have a choice of WIBNTLA, Breakaway and Soulful Old Man Shunshine.

I say vote for WIBNTLA  Wink Cheesy
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx