gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:52:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2PM  (Read 4128 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
2PM
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »

Wrote this back in 1989 when I was eleven years old, although I didn't record it until fall 2002. As the original recording was only a demo, I FINALLY finished it on 25 December 2013.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12655966

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »

Not bad for an 11 year old.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »

I gotta be honest and say you're music is not really my thing. However, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit! Nice job! Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

LOL This recording was recent (i.e. last month) but the melody was first created in my head back then. It took 25 years for me to get the arrangement right LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »

I gotta be honest and say you're music is not really my thing. However, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit! Nice job! Smiley

Thank you kindly. I know the stuff we do is not for everyone, but certainly try to do our best Cool

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:30 PM »

LOL This recording was recent (i.e. last month) but the melody was first created in my head back then. It took 25 years for me to get the arrangement right LOL
Now, who does that remind us of? Loop De Loop, indeed.  Razz

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »

LOL No sh*t...I have several works-in-progress versions of this very song, and it took a LONG time to get it right. Oddly, this version is *exactly* how I heard it in my head way back when, and it took this long to get it right!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »

So, you're saying that there is enough odds and ends for a Fear2Stop bootleg market?  Razz

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 10:34:58 PM »

Sadly yes. Approaching Nilsson box levels LOL

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »

Very cool song indeed.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:07:02 AM »

Thank you very much!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

Great sound and melody!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »

Thank you very much! One day I'd like to have a live band record this, and possibly add lyrics & vocals to this.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »

Crazy...it has made #49 on Soundclicks's electronic charts... and NUMBER ONE on their game soundtrack charts!!!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 10:36:43 PM »

Great news billy!  Grin I told you, Fear2Stop is going to be big someday.  Cool

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »

First-off, Billy, that might be the funniest avatar you have come up with so far.
Okay, the sound-clip...I've listened to ten or so you've done - you do so many...  This is the Best one I've heard.  Very 70's Bop/Pop -has a nice groove.  The lead piano part is great.  This is just you on a keyboard right?  Not the band?  I don't want to do any negative criticism on you or anyone here.  But, some of the more out-there Electro/Jazzy/Pop Music ( if that's what to call it), isn't what I listen to usually.  I do listen to the 2000's REM stuff that is similar.  The Reveal album is one of my favorites, mostly because they could get such a "Beach Boys" sound on it.   Like I say though, this song Is Very Good.
You should develop it more, add some lyrics if you want, but this sounds good as an instrumental.
I didn't post it the other night, but I watched/listened to your "vocal audition" you-tube clip from last year.  How did that work out?  I wouldn't have seen it, as I can't bring myself to watch any of those types of shows.  But, it seems we do have some very talented players and singers posting on Smiley.  RangeRover kept suggesting I check some of the Music Section, and glad I did.
Keep Rockin' it Up!,  Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »

TY Will...Wish I could take credit for actually playing the keyboard. I used to be able to play decently, but that's one of the (thankfully few) things I haven't been able to do since my minor stroke 3 years ago. I actually have a disc for my Playstation 2 that lets you make beats and music using pre-made loops. Well, that's not to my liking, so I make my own...which basically means I create each note one-by-one, individually. Kind of like a piano roll, really. Can be time consuming, but it gets it done. A lot of times, rather than use an instrument sample that comes with the program, I'll sample a different sound off of my daughter's keyboard, or maybe something else entirely (such as using the sound of my keys shaking as a hi-hat sound). From there, I hook up my PS2 to my laptop and record each track into Audacity. I then do my mixing and mastering with Adobe Audition.

Confusing? This video tutorial explains it a bit http://youtu.be/3qWLayx_JNY  I was a bit under the weather (plus nearly 50 pounds heavier) but it works.

I didn't make it past the auditions for the Voice, although I was selected as an alternate. Nothing ended up happening, but it was a hell of a great experience.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 10:01:54 PM »

I had to laugh at feelsflow's "you do so many" comment. Oh, if you only knew.  Roll Eyes  LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »

Yeah... going through my back catalogue and realizing the 234 songs on the site are actually less than half of our output was a headfucker LOL

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »

Probably more like 1,234 tracks, actually.  Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »

In all seriousness, it might be roughly 500-600.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx