gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 05:15:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daryl Dragon and Toni Tennille divorcing  (Read 18862 times)
Patricia Ferrelli
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »

Didn't know they were on Regis; would have loved to have seen that. Hope it shows up on You Tube.

They did Darlin' with Carnie and Matt trading leads. As far as I can remember, that was the only complete performance to make it to actual air, but IIRC, they also did a couple of songs leading in and out of the breaks (don't know how complete they were in terms of what the studio audience actually saw). I think I Can Hear Music was one of them. Al did a short sitdown interview as well where he referenced Carl's passing. The show aired on November 23, 1998.

I taped it, but I have a better chance of hitting the lottery than finding that VHS tape these days. Though, I also upped an audio-only file of Darlin' to a mailing list in that primitive, pre-YouTube era...if perhaps that's still floating around somewhere in cyberspace?

Maybe, someone else taped it...and could possibly up it?

I have it and in the next several weeks, I'll be loading it up to my channel  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0rWE6uhNWHUv0u8B33Peg
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »

Didn't know they were on Regis; would have loved to have seen that. Hope it shows up on You Tube.

They did Darlin' with Carnie and Matt trading leads. As far as I can remember, that was the only complete performance to make it to actual air, but IIRC, they also did a couple of songs leading in and out of the breaks (don't know how complete they were in terms of what the studio audience actually saw). I think I Can Hear Music was one of them. Al did a short sitdown interview as well where he referenced Carl's passing. The show aired on November 23, 1998.

I taped it, but I have a better chance of hitting the lottery than finding that VHS tape these days. Though, I also upped an audio-only file of Darlin' to a mailing list in that primitive, pre-YouTube era...if perhaps that's still floating around somewhere in cyberspace?

I have it and in the next several weeks, I'll be loading it up to my channel  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0rWE6uhNWHUv0u8B33Peg

That'll be much appreciated...I too have it on VHS...somewhere...and as I recall, they did complete versions of "Darlin'" and "I Can Hear Music", and a partial performance of "Fun, Fun, Fun" was also aired. Al played 12-string electric, Ed Carter played bass on the first two mentioned songs and lead guitar on "FFF" while Daryl covered the bass part on synth for the latter. I'm pretty sure Bobby F. wasn't with them yet, so someone else played drums.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

That'll be much appreciated...I too have it on VHS...somewhere...and as I recall, they did complete versions of "Darlin'" and "I Can Hear Music", and a partial performance of "Fun, Fun, Fun" was also aired. Al played 12-string electric, Ed Carter played bass on the first two mentioned songs and lead guitar on "FFF" while Daryl covered the bass part on synth for the latter. I'm pretty sure Bobby F. wasn't with them yet, so someone else played drums.

The one other thing I remember is that Carnie and Matt *briefly* flubbed their opening lines of Darlin' (i.e. as in..."who's supposed to sing which line of the duet") but quickly and nicely recovered.

I thought ICHM was only partial...but I guess we'll soon see!
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2014, 07:11:48 AM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/tennille-dumped-captain-another-woman

It turns out a couple of days ago the National Enquirer did a followup article on Daryl and Toni's split. Most of the article is of a pretty speculative nature, suggesting that another woman rather than man is involved. This is the kind of talk that always swirls around a female celeb when she gets her hair cut shorter than usual so not worth paying that much attention to if gossip's all that attached to it.

But it does have a quote from Daryl that sounds like Daryl. (Toni declined to comment when reached.)

He says Toni has told him she filed papers for "spiritual" reasons and because there had been a change in "values." But from what Daryl says she didn't get much more specific.  He says he personally still doesn't understand why she filed, and that he still loves her - and says she's still living in their house and there are no plans to sell it.

Which indicates that a) if health insurance does figure into this as speculated, Toni has not made that clear to him, and b) he is not going into a care facility. I'm wondering now if this just might be some kind of last-ditch tough-love effort to stop Daryl from sitting in his house all day, afraid of people seeing him.  (Which Toni had said in her now-deleted blogposts he had been doing since this started.)

I have a friend with a condition pretty similar to Daryl's - featuring Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis-type symptoms - and this started at the same time Daryl's illness did. But my friend has made it a point to not only get out of his house every day and do errands though he can't drive anymore, but to travel all over the country in connection with his work. He's handled it his way, Daryl has handled it in the opposite fashion.  Well, maybe in the next few weeks Toni will clear up things a little.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »

The National Enquirer also had a recent story about Penny Marshall and Carrie Fisher being lesbian girlfriends. The women have been friends for decades. I guess the Enquirer never heard of people having friends of the same gender.  I take what they say with a grain of salt, but I do feel sorry for Daryl. Glad she's still living in his house and keeping an eye on him.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »

The National Enquirer also had a recent story about Penny Marshall and Carrie Fisher being lesbian girlfriends. The women have been friends for decades. I guess the Enquirer never heard of people having friends of the same gender.  I take what they say with a grain of salt, but I do feel sorry for Daryl. Glad she's still living in his house and keeping an eye on him.

Why is it HIS house?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

The National Enquirer is not considered a reliable resource in these parts.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »

The National Enquirer is not considered a reliable resource in these parts.

Good enough for Men In Black, good enough for me!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »

Why is it HIS house?

Well, their house.  Or just THE house.
Nicko1234
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »

Thanks for that and for all of your other uploads. There is some great stuff on your channel.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx