-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Manning versus Brady: Twilight of the Gods
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Manning versus Brady: Twilight of the Gods  (Read 2805 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:06:59 AM »

New England at Denver for the AFC Championship. Tom Brady versus Peyton Manning, again, perhaps for the last time. This is for the Super Bowl of course, but also a legacy game for both QBs.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:21:24 AM »

I'm more excited about this game than I am for the Super Bowl.

I've always been impressed with Brady, and really don't get the hate that a lot of people have for him. Manning is one of the best QBs ever. This'll be one helluva game!

Go Pats!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »

I think people are jealous of Brady. The supermodels, etc. I like him even though he did play college football for the Michigan Wolverines. (Were you guys aware Ohio State has beaten Michigan 11 of the last 13 seasons?)

Manning and Brady have been very good at marketing their brands. Manning shows a flair for the comedic in his ads and Brady is good at the GQ stuff.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33:11 AM »

I think this game with have some long-reaching effects on the respective legacies of Brady and Manning.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »

I think Seattle will win the whole thing.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:01:24 AM »

I think Seattle will win the whole thing.
I hope not.  San Francisco blew it.  And some of those calls were bad.  I'm already looking forward to next year.  New year/New start. 
I agree with rab2591, that Pats vs. Broncos game was better than what I am expecting from the Super Bowl.  There was no stopping Manning this year.  Or Seattle too I guess.  We are going to have a Big Party anyway, going down to Long Island.  It's like the Thanksgiving games, doesn't matter as much who is playing.  Just have fun. 
The play-offs didn't work out for me anyway.  All the teams I was cheering for went out in the first round.  I am a Kansas City fan.  I was hoping for Green Bay vs. K. C., same as I will hope for next year.  And Dallas, What happened?  When I posted on the Thanksgiving Thread I thought they were a shoe-in.  Goes to show...

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »

Sherman of the Seahawks was absolutely insane during his postgame rant. Doesn't he get that living well is the best revenge, as in "Dude you are in the Super Bowl!"
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »

Sherman of the Seahawks was absolutely insane during his postgame rant. Doesn't he get that living well is the best revenge, as in "Dude you are in the Super Bowl!"

I think he was really caught up in the moment - imagine all that adrenaline pumping through your system, you've just won the NFC championship, some guy just shoved you and talked trash to you, and a split second later someone asks how you feel. I can't imagine responding in a calm manner Cheesy
______

That Patriots/Broncos game was pretty good - Manning is freakin phenomenal, and you really have to commend Brady and Belichick for how far they got with so little.

As for the 49ers/Seahawks - quite a few bad calls that definitely hurt the 49ers chances of winning...and I've never seen a leg snap back like that - and during that injury the guy is still hanging onto the ball Shocked. Incredible finish to that game.

Can't wait for the Super Bowl!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: