gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:18:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You (cover)  (Read 1817 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

What's up guys! Not sure if there are any Foreigner fans in the building. Always loved this song. The chord progression is so great! Hope u dig my take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iNfWxQlNQ
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:14:43 PM »

You have an excellent voice..!!!!!!  You should have no problem making a living in the music world.. Just don't f*** up your voice with hard drugs.. Arent you the guy playing in the subway..??
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:50 PM »

You have an excellent voice..!!!!!!  You should have no problem making a living in the music world.. Just don't f*** up your voice with hard drugs.. Arent you the guy playing in the subway..??

Thanks! I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I couldn't get through a song without either coughing or running out of breath. E-cigs saved me!

And yeah, that was me in the subway. I'm doing a weekly video and/or song upload. It's a good challenge. Keeps me active musically. I appreciate your words man!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »

No problem.. Keep up the good work....If I was more your age and we lived a reasonable distance  from each other  id hunt you down and put a working cover band together and sneak in originals..  w00t!   Then go from there.. Im sure you will anyway..
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »

Man, your voice is so good - it's unreal. You could do a killer version of I Want To Know What Love Is. Great video and cover!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

You, my friend, are incredibly gifted. I've been checking your stuff out here for a while now but I don't think I've ever commented. I was blown away by your "My Cherie Amour" cover a while back, and everything since. I would kill for your vocal range (nailing some high C's in this cover!), and you seem to be quite an amazing multi-instrumentalist as well. I encourage you to pursue your musical dreams to the fullest because it's clear you are a musician 100%.

Thanks for sharing your music and I look forward to seeing what's next for you!

-Gregg

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:48:37 PM »

Man, your voice is so good - it's unreal. You could do a killer version of I Want To Know What Love Is. Great video and cover!

Thanks so much man! That's a great song. Love those big 80's power ballads!

You, my friend, are incredibly gifted. I've been checking your stuff out here for a while now but I don't think I've ever commented. I was blown away by your "My Cherie Amour" cover a while back, and everything since. I would kill for your vocal range (nailing some high C's in this cover!), and you seem to be quite an amazing multi-instrumentalist as well. I encourage you to pursue your musical dreams to the fullest because it's clear you are a musician 100%.

Thanks for sharing your music and I look forward to seeing what's next for you!

-Gregg

Gregg, thanks a lot man! Really appreciate you checking out my stuff and hitting me with those encouraging words. Do you have perfect pitch? Way to point out the high note!
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »

I think over the years I've developed something close to perfect pitch, probably more like relative pitch. The chorus lick just sounded like G-A-C-A to my ears but I went to my keyboard to confirm.  Smiley

Anyway, you've got killer vocal chops and great musical instincts, so I think the sky's the limit for you. I hope you find a larger audience and the success that genuine talent like yours deserves. In the meantime, I look forward to anything else you decide to share!

-Gregg
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »

I watched the "subway" clip too.  This is much better.  You have a very good voice and feel for this song.  Give us a link to the Stevie track.  Do you have a full band?  Doing clubs?
Good luck, sure you could take this somewhere.  peace,  Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx