gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 09:06:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yikes! Our album made no. 18 on top 100 list  (Read 1345 times)
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »

I usually only post the odd track as Surf School Dropouts get them done. But in 2012 we self-released a debut album, 'Summer is a State of Mind', as a digital release and last year had it come out on vinyl on Spanish indie label Sunny Day Records.

The reason why I'm writing about the album now is that renowned music critic and International Pop Overthrow Festival CEO David Bash has just posted his annual list of 100 favourite albums from the past year. It's something he's done each January for a number of years, looking back on all the music he's come across during the year and ranking his 100 favourite releases.

We are thrilled and extremely proud to see that we came in a no. 18 out of a 100 albums! Grin If you'd like to check out 'Summer is a State of Mind', you can do so here:

http://surfschooldropouts.bandcamp.com/album/summer-is-a-state-of-mind

Here's David's list. Lots of great stuff on there & extensive to say the least!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/david-bash/my-best-of-2013-lists/10152130975195552

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »

Dejligt.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »

That's really cool Kwan.  I hope it leads to additional recognition (and money).

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:28:44 PM »

Good stuff man! Album sounds great!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »

Congratulations, kwan! No. 18 is a good start for sth. bigger; Surf School Dropouts rule!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »

Thanks guys!  Grin

Don't know if it's going to move more albums for us, but it's nevertheless way cool to see Bash ranking our album higher than 2013 releases from Paul McCartney, Beady Eye and Beechwood Sparks to name a few.

When we formed the group about four years ago, initially just jamming Beach Boys songs and then gradually writing our own stuff just for fun, we NEVER envisioned something like this. (let alone eventually having an album out on vinyl as well...)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx