gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:11:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Mainstream Music  (Read 51314 times)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »

LOL you're right about making the threads long Feels Flow, last night I was procrastinating I was writing a paper that was due today (a bad habit of mine that needs to be stopped  Sad)

I've got the exact same problem  LOL

Hell, right now I'm logged on the School Computer and just checking for updates on this forum

I had a hell of a lot of homework to do over the past week, but I've finished nearly all of it relatively quickly. Still, I often procrastinate.

Can you take this stuff to PMs?

I love how, in another thread, you say "there's a time and place for everything" yet you clearly don't even follow your own rules. In case you haven't noticed, you've clogged up half this board over the last few days with the most ridiculous posts and quite a few people here are getting tired of it.

You mean me or Jess?

If me, I only really made ridiculous posts on this thread, which may have gone a bit too far.
But it's not all over this forum...

It's to anyone who is talking about their schoolwork procrastination habits in a thread titled "Today's Mainstream Music". Just take it to PMs.

And you've been posting seemingly non-stop for the last week, and half of it to do with The Dennistas and any other made-up sect of The Beach Boys fan base. It's getting tiresome.

What do you suppose I should do?
I try to be nice to everyone (except trolls like Surfer), yet I get treated like crap from people like TaterTotten and SMiLE Brian. I initially found the piss-taking to be hilarious, but now it's starting to really hurt. They seem to treat me like an obnoxious troll, despite my deep hatred for trolls.
All I want is to be treated fairly around here, but some people (especially TaterTotten) find it too hard to do that. If I've pissed anyone off around here recently, I once again apologize.

Yes, I have been posting a bit too much around here lately. So I'm cutting down on that.

Checkmate

In my (sort-of) defence, I had just discovered the Twofer Polls, so I chose to vote on them
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:39:12 PM by Little Bird, Right in a Tree... » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2014, 05:05:17 PM »

LOL you're right about making the threads long Feels Flow, last night I was procrastinating I was writing a paper that was due today (a bad habit of mine that needs to be stopped  Sad)

I've got the exact same problem  LOL

Hell, right now I'm logged on the School Computer and just checking for updates on this forum

I had a hell of a lot of homework to do over the past week, but I've finished nearly all of it relatively quickly. Still, I often procrastinate.

I love how, in another thread, you say "there's a time and place for everything" yet you clearly don't even follow your own rules. In case you haven't noticed, you've clogged up half this board over the last few days with the most ridiculous posts and quite a few people here are getting tired of it.

You mean me or Jess?

If me, I only really made ridiculous posts on this thread, which may have gone a bit too far.

It's to anyone who is talking about their schoolwork procrastination habits in a thread titled "Today's Mainstream Music". Just take it to PMs.

And you've been posting seemingly non-stop for the last week, and half of it to do with The Dennistas and any other made-up sect of The Beach Boys fan base. It's getting tiresome.

I try to be nice to everyone (except trolls like Surfer), yet I get treated like crap from people like TaterTotten and SMiLE Brian. I initially found the piss-taking to be hilarious, but now it's starting to really hurt. They seem to treat me like an obnoxious troll, despite my deep hatred for trolls.
All I want is to be treated fairly around here, but some people (especially TaterTotten) find it too hard to do that. If I've pissed anyone off around here recently, I once again apologize.

Yes, I have been posting a bit too much around here lately. So I'm cutting down on that.

I don't care what you do. If I wanted to be treated "fairly", common sense would tell me to follow forum etiquette, to not clog up the homepage, to make useful contribution to a forum that gets looked at frequently by higher ups in the Beach Boys world.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

LOL you're right about making the threads long Feels Flow, last night I was procrastinating I was writing a paper that was due today (a bad habit of mine that needs to be stopped  Sad)

You mean me or Jess?

I don't care what you do. If I wanted to be treated "fairly", common sense would tell me to follow forum etiquette, to not clog up the homepage, to make useful contribution to a forum that gets looked at frequently by higher ups in the Beach Boys world.

I often make useful contributions...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »

Like three good posts in 20. A good word of advice, less is more in the number of posts.

Post less and make your posts full of information.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bluesno1fann
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »

Like three good posts in 20. A good word of advice, less is more in the number of posts.

Post less and make your posts full of information.

Okay  Smiley
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »

You mean me or Jess?

I was responding to FeelsFlow when I said that but yea this needs to get back on topic
So, what do you guys think about today's mainstream music? (I've actually learned a lot through a lot of these posts Cheesy)

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2014, 09:41:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1PSalLKmD0

I found this interesting.  Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:53 PM »

How did this thread go this far off the original topic Huh

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »

How did this thread go this far off the original topic Huh

All that other stuff is official done on this thread (great news for you guys  Grin)

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1PSalLKmD0

I found this interesting.  Smiley

Ok people this is on topic. Look at it.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2014, 01:34:58 PM »

It was poignant until the lame edits at the end.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »

There's Happy by Pharrell Williams, which is surprisingly good. Easily the best new single I've heard in a long time.

It's been flogged to death already, but it's still quite a good song. Learned the Bass line of that song, enjoyable to play.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:45 AM »

There's Happy by Pharrell Williams, which is surprisingly good. Easily the best new single I've heard in a long time.

It's been flogged to death already, but it's still quite a good song. Learned the Bass line of that song, enjoyable to play.

I feel the same way about it too, it's an awesome song but everyday I hear it at least once  LOL  I hope I don't grow tired of it

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2014, 11:24:37 PM »

I feel the same way about it too, it's an awesome song but everyday I hear it at least once  LOL  I hope I don't grow tired of it

It could depend on the radio station you listen to.

Other than Happy, can't think of any decent new songs
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »

What about that song from A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera, "Say Something"?  (it came out last year) 

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »

What about that song from A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera, "Say Something"?  (it came out last year) 

Not familiar with them, if I am, I wouldn't know the titles.
Still, I probably dislike 99.5% of new music. Shame, but I'm an oldies person
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »

same here, but that song I just mentioned is pretty good (at least to me)

-Dennis Wilson
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »

You dislike 99.5% of the 1% you've heard (radio hits) of new music. Which really is something...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »

You dislike 99.5% of the 1% you've heard (radio hits) of new music. Which really is something...

Pretty much, that and everything I've heard so far which is fairly new
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »

But what exactly have you heard, besides the occasional Top 10 hit?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »

Well there's the music played on the radio I am forced to listen to at times, and there's classmates who play what they like loudly all the time (which is the latest music BTW), there's the music that is played at public places, on TV, and at clubs.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »

Well there's the music played on the radio I am forced to listen to at times, and there's classmates who play what they like loudly all the time (which is the latest music BTW), there's the music that is played at public places, on TV, and at clubs.

Oh okay then. You've definitely heard enough contemporary music to make generalizing statements such as "x% of it sucks". My apologies. How silly of me to think otherwise.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:59 PM »

Right, so it looks like this thread has jumped the shark and it looks like it won't recover. Retrokid, what do you think?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »

I don't like a lot of it either but that's just my personal taste.  Even some of the good songs that come out I can only listen to at least once or twice in spatial amounts of time

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »

Right, so it looks like this thread has jumped the shark and it looks like it won't recover. Retrokid, what do you think?

I guess so  LOL

-Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx