gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:58:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smilers Who Make Music Favorites #1 (Beach Boys/Brian Wilson Covers)  (Read 1053 times)
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »

In the spirit of the main board, let's do two editions of Smiley Smilers Who Make Music Survivor.  The first edition will be for BB/BW covers, the second edition will be originals.  The first step is to nominate songs, then we will vote.  You can nominate multiple songs by the same artist, if you like, but you cannot nominate your own songs.

I'll moderate the whole thing, best I can, including closing out the nomination process.

Let the nominations begin!

Edit: we will just make a favorites list, no reason to hurt feelings over voting people out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:08:15 AM by Empire Of Love (mypetsounds) » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »

For once, I don't think I'll participate with this one.

Though I will never miss the Pixletwin Survivor rounds, and when the time comes, a Worst Beach Boys song round to coincide with the Super Survivor round Pixletwin is planning. But I will be the one starting the Worst Beach Boys song round.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »

Assuming we're just changing the survivor game into a favorites list:

EgoHanger's cover of 'Guess I'm Dumb' - his vocals and the way he emphasizes some lines make it better than the original, imho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jFl3ug0Ls

Every one of Egon Spengler's covers are crazy good: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1S4I1pBbqUzthH4AUtwMFg

dmcguire (he sounds just like Brian Wilson in his prime): http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv6_LBnLhmZhtkwwPuLA25w

FOTMs trumpet/horn on Little Bird (where he mimics the cello from the original) really stands out in my memory.

There are plenty of others I've probably forgotten - a lot of talented people on this board.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:00:16 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx