gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 01:52:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare 'White Label Pressing' of All Summer Long on Ebay  (Read 1349 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »

Very nice item ( can anyone assist in its origin , I think it might be German ), I have bought a couple of LP's from this seller and have been in excellent/superb condition

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-ALL-SUMMER-LONG-Rare-White-Label-STEREO-Test-Pressing-/141153785875
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »

Very nice item ( can anyone assist in its origin , I think it might be German ), I have bought a couple of LP's from this seller and have been in excellent/superb condition

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-ALL-SUMMER-LONG-Rare-White-Label-STEREO-Test-Pressing-/141153785875

It says in the description that it's German; is there some reason you doubt this?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:05 AM »

It says in the description that it's German; is there some reason you doubt this?
At least the sleeve is, the "white" label looks a bit as if the original one has been removed - I've never seen such "White Label" German Capitol pressings

Watson, did you hear this?
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:24:05 AM »

To be honest , I didn't notice that it stated German
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »

At least the sleeve is, the "white" label looks a bit as if the original one has been removed - I've never seen such "White Label" German Capitol pressings

And if anyne would have seen such a pressing, you would.  Now that I look closer it does apppear that it could simply be  a case of the label being removed; but why on earth would anyone want to do that, and how hard would it be? 

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 09:33:30 AM »

Just got a brand new USB turntable... this would be very nice Smiley

Oh, first order of business though, TSS NEEDLE DROP :D

(wow. barnyard is so much better on vinyl IMO)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:35:55 AM by FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salutation) » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »

The person that won this on Ebay, >>Marshall***<<  is now auctioning it off with a new minimum bid of 189 pounds.
 I sent him this note: 

>>the cover is obviously a German issue; It appears that the original labels have been washed off/removed from the vinyl, leaving the base coat of the label. Either you found them this way, or you removed them yourself but In any case, this is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a Test Pressing <<

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx