gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:05:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clairaudient Music Corp  (Read 2363 times)
Lola Jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:28:05 PM »

Can anyone tell me any more about this music company.  Google brings up a load of BB songs, but I hadn't noticed the name before and I can't seem to find any info out about it.
I'm asking because I've had a weird experience in the last 24 hours and when I saw the name of this company I felt compelled to find out more.
Thanks.
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »

Googling brought me to this page from the Songwriter's Hall of Fame.  It lists a lot of BW compositions I've never heard of.  Does anyone know if these compositions have to demo'd to be copywrited?  If so, does that mean demos of these songs are all on file somewhere?

http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/discog_detail.asp?exhibitId=186

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »

BMI (the performing rights organization) keeps a list much like this on their website -- it was once the only place one could find the titles of some intriguing sounding songs -- such as "I'm My Shadow." Looks like "the songwriter's hall of fame" has tapped the latest BMI files.

Very interesting here is the addition of quite a few unfamiliar titles since I last perused the BMI list -- four or five years ago. The ones under "Beach Bum" publishing are most recent, so I wonder if we're seeing the fruits of Brian's post-Smile output with song titles like:

Be A Brave Guy
Don't Be Bad to Me
Feelin' Goin Round
Give Me your Love
John and Bianca
Man Under Fire

And so on. Seems like Brian's folks have decided to get a lot of stuff copyrighted lately.

Although I'm not sure about "Hey Mr. Space Cadet" ...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 08:36:08 PM by claymcc » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:32:03 PM »

Or "Robotech Scheme" ...
Lola Jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:31:52 AM »

Clairaudient is often listed with Terry's Melcher's Daywin Music co.  It is listed either before or after Daywin along with the songwriting credits which are Mike Love/Terry Melcher or vice versa.  So it's reasonable to assume that this is something to do with Mike Love?
Burnley Vest
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »

I read that in the 70's, Landy had BW writing at least one song a day. perhaps some of these titles date from that period. Wild guess, of course.

The vibrations you send out come back to you.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »

I thought it is Mike's publishing company.  Has an Incline Village, NV address anyway.

This just in: Yes it is. Mike is the President of the corporation.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:23:27 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Lola Jane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 02:21:06 PM »

Thanks Cam.  I thought it had to be.  I guess that New Executive is a similar thing for Brian.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »

New Executive was used by Brian for the Imagination album and a couple of songs immediately afterward. He's since gone back to Beach Bum.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx