gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:43:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‍  (Read 2115 times)
zachrwolfe
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:34 PM by zatch » Logged
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »

You young guys are SCARY ..!! You bring a SMILE to my face because I know full well that The Beach Boys music will never fade away or die.. Not as long as there are people like yourselves keeping it alive..!! Jeez and I can remember when I could still sing that high..!!  LOL
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »

I like that it seems to have sort of a jazz feel to it!  Was that intentional?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »

Zach, you could do a Sunkist soda commercial. Fix where that section is cut off (or cut in) too soon (2:11) and extend the fade at the end a little and you got it!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:30 PM by zatch » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

Yeah, at 2:11 is the most glaring miscue. And the fade could last longer - just personal preference. And you're not gonna go wrong using ANY of the alternate sections. All of them sound good.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:26 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:22 PM by zatch » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »

Really felt good - let's play it!  Ok, we have two for-tracks.  It's where this drops out, this comes in. We're rolling, let's go!

Hold it please! Let me hear the organ. Now the stop please. Perfect, we'll go with that. Let's go again. OK, let's start it out now with the organ and the Fender bass and then the bongos will come in on the second half with everything else. Organ, Fender bass, and piccolo. Now Larry, can you switch that motor on for the verses and off for the beat. OK? Turn it on for this one. Are we all set for that thing when everything drops out.....builds up? OK.

OK, so we have the two chorus's on the one take, now all we need is this little intermediate part.

Wait a minute, where are we? See what it is, is the organ's on 2/4 and you guys think it's the one-beat, don't ya? Here we go, play it loud and strong all the way! Watch me on that part now.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »

Hey Mikie, now that I'm on my computer and not my phone, I realize 2:11 is in fact not the "na na na na na na" part with the bass cutting out. I'm afraid I can't hear anything wrong at 2:11 (I even listened to the original at the same spot to be certain). Care to elaborate?

Zack it's at 2:11. "What an elation" isn't annunciated. It's cut off. You go, "My, My, what an e....."    Just not use to hearing it cut off so abruptly before the end of that line. No biggee, eh? It's my favorite Beach Boys song and I get picky when it's not perfect. And it you ever wanna use any of those alternate takes, more power be to ya. And stereo is where it's at, baby!

Sometimes I hear Brian say, "what an elation, sensation" live.

And during the C50 tour, Brian sang, "When I look in her eyes, she goes with me to a blossom world" with some other words that I can't remember now. It was on Youtube and were said to be original lyrics to GV.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:08:05 PM by Mikie » Logged

zachrwolfe
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:33:15 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx