gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:46:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beatles Tracklist: The New Beatles Digital 'Official' Bootleg details  (Read 5849 times)
PhilCohen
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »

When I was a little kid my dad brought home a copy of the Hey Jude album. I remember spending quite a while looking at the awesome front and back covers. Even though it won't offer any unreleased bonus cuts, I'm quite excited to get a cd copy, if only for nostalgic reasons.
I did the same - and puzzled over what exactly this album was, not really a greatest hits, but sort of a hits comp, going all the way from "Can't Buy My Love" and "I Should Have Known Better" in 1964 to several 1969 singles. And I still hear those songs in my head in THAT running order, so yes, I will have to get the cd.

The "Hey Jude" album was compiled by ABKCO employee Al Steckler, and its objective was to bring together songs which had not previously appeared on a Capitol U.S.A. album. "Can't Buy Me Love" & "I Should Have Known Better" met that Criteria. The album also provided the worldwide stereo debut for some of the songs. That was a strong selling point.

Also keep in mind that  Hey Jude, unlike the rest of those American albums, was created with Beatles involvement. Which is obvious, as it's an Apple release, which the had to have signed off on.

Yes, The fabs O.K.'d the compilation, but it was compiled by one of Allen Klein's employees.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

So, a question for anybody who has been able to hear this set. Is the version of I'm In Love the same piano demo that is already circulating? There seems to be some speculation on whether or not this recording is a vintage 1960's recording, or a re-recording John did in the late 1970's.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »

It's the same boot that's been in circulation... However, I have always thought his voice sounded more like his 70's voice too. Especially when he sings "it's every little thing that you doo-hooooooooo"... But it's perplexing because there are moments who it sounds like an early 60's vocal as well.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »

Count me in on thinking it comes from the 1970's too. It was supposedly recorded in 1977. What does it for me is the echo of the room. It sounds like it was recorded at the Dakota.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx