gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:28:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson POB Mentioned in Latest Issue of Sound On Sound  (Read 2228 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »

For those of you unaware, this is one of those kinda pricey but cool recording industry enthusiast magazines, published in the U.K. (therefore even pricier here in the States!). Two years ago, I did a trans-Atlantic interview with one of their writers for a planned article on The SMiLE Sessions (they also interviewed Alan, Mark, probably Brian, and others), but it got bumped.

I don't buy all issues of this mag, but I did buy this one for the cool article and photo spread on Village Recorders.  I was enjoying another article, titled "Jonathan Wilson: Reviving The West Coast Sound", when I came across this: "The toughest track to mix on Fanfare turned out to be the multi-layered ballad 'Future Vision', which recalls the epic production of Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson's classic 1977 solo album, Pacific Ocean Blue."

I hadn't previously heard of THIS particular Wilson, but am inclined to check him out now based on that comment and other descriptions of his musical demeanor and approach throughout this article.

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »

Two years ago, I did a trans-Atlantic interview with one of their writers for a planned article on The SMiLE Sessions (they also interviewed Alan, Mark, probably Brian, and others), but it got bumped.

Nice one c-man.

As a semi-regular reader, I find it a damn shame that the Smile article was 'shelved'; funnily enough, I actually suggested they do a feature on that very topic in the period before the box was released, via the feedback section of their website...don't know if it had anything to do with it of course!

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »

hey c-man someone told me that I should ask you about this.  I have been wondering for a long time now and I'm annoyed with myself because I've posted this question 3 times already  LOLEmbarrassed  it's nothing urgent, but I was just wondering if Denny sang vocal harmony on "I'll Be Home For Christmas".  it's my favorite song on the album and I understand that he was the key to making the harmonies really click, but as we all know, there have been times where he's out of the studio in such songs like "Graduation Day" or off to the side lip sinking along such as on the Andy Williams show when they did "THWFOS" (which ticked me off  Angry).  if he wasn't present for this song...and I promise this will be the last time I post this question  Roll Eyes

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx