gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:25:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *My Favorite Time of The Year*  (Read 1450 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »

So, as is such tradition, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmastime with a free single!

This year, I've really pushed hard to make a great track for everyone, I hope you enjoy!

https://mikeleroy.bandcamp.com/track/my-favorite-time-of-the-year

(To download free, just type "0.00" as the dollar amount and you're set!)

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:59:44 PM »

Before commenting I should note that I do not like Christmas music, and that includes the traditional songs,The Beach Boys, Spector, all of it.  With that said, I like this song in spite of the theme.  It is the sort of song that makes you feel good, it reminds you of childhood and the excitement of Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. 

I'll have to listen again on headphones as opposed to my cell phone to get a better feeling for everything, but my primary criticism right now is the vocals.  They seem to need a bit of work.  If I'm not mistaken there are some bits where you don't quite hit the notes.  Have you ever worked with another vocalist (certainly not me, LOL, I have a bit of a weak voice)?  I think some of your material is really good, especially your recent stuff, and a solid vocal would put it over the top.

Regardless, a really good song.  Thanks for sharing.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! As for the vocals, I totally get you there, this track in particular, the vocals were a bit rushed, but the session added that excitement you can only get when you're really in the mood, so I kept them in regardless. I've been looking into working with another vocalist, but I work at such at such a strange pace that I normally just keep trying until I get it as perfect as it can be Smiley This track was a bit more laid back, so I promise the album tracks will have much more "professional" vocals haha Smiley

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 01:24:06 AM »

Before commenting I should note that I do not like Christmas music, and that includes the traditional songs,The Beach Boys, Spector, all of it.  With that said, I like this song in spite of the theme. 

Just out of curiosity, - why is that? Because you find that the topic somehow pulls down the songs themselves in making them less relevant and/or gimmicky?

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 01:27:59 AM »

Oh, and Mike, I like the song. Nice mellow feel that, at least to me, evokes what Christmas is all about. I can hear what Empire of Love is commenting on in terms of parts of the vocal but overall I think it's a solid song & performance. Well done. You seem to have become more active recording-wise these last couple of months. Good to see.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

Thanks, yeah I've been working a lot more, as matter of fact I've always been working a lot on a commission from last year that's still ongoing!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx