gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:45:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Big Beat 1963  (Read 109221 times)
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »

I thought of trying that, but before I got round to it, runnersdialzero tested a couple of The Big Beat Qoboz files for me. Well, really, for us, you might say — for the benefit of the board. He rules.

As you may have read on the KAEOS64 thread, which has temporarily dropped down the board in all of the fuss surrounding BW's Q&A appaearance, runners concluded that the Qobuz Big Beat files are NOT compressed.

As a result of this, I am tempted to re-shill for KAEOS64 from Qobuz — after all, if The Big Beat from Qobuz is not compressed, there's a chance the KAEOS64 ones aren't, either — and ask runners to test a couple of the 1964 files, too. But I haven't got round to it yet. It sticks in the craw a bit to pay twice for something. But if the end result is that I can have an archive copy that isn't slightly degraded, I would much rather have that than the iTunes versions.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2019, 07:15:38 AM »

The Big Beat 1963 now appears to be unavailable for downloading/streaming on any service as far as I can tell. Has this been the case for a while? Wonder why was it taken down?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 16, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »

The Big Beat 1963 now appears to be unavailable for downloading/streaming on any service as far as I can tell. Has this been the case for a while? Wonder why was it taken down?

Man that sucks. The impermanence of streaming is an incredible drag.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 16, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »

Truly a bummer, especially since the compilation was only available as a digital download or via streaming. iTunes in the US has 10 selections available (album only) all by either Brian Wilson, The Honeys, or Bob & Sheri. All the Beach Boys stuff is gone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:06:40 PM by Custom Machine » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »

Truly a bummer, especially since the compilation was only available as a digital download or via streaming. iTunes in the US has 10 selections available (album only) all by either Brian Wilson, The Honeys, or Bob & Sheri. All the Beach Boys stuff is gone.

Glad I bought  my digital copy years ago when I did. 

Taking stuff off iTunes only encourages piracy.  I'll never get why they would allow something to lapse like this for whatever legal BS that might be the cause here, money is being lost.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2019, 08:49:01 PM »

Yes I got the digital download as well, thank goodness.
I'm re-reading Becoming the Beach Boys. It's great to be able to listen to those songs that are referenced.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
humanoidboogie
Smiley Smile Associate

deer

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 17, 2019, 01:43:25 AM »

Oh blast! It's still available on 7Digital but only in mp3 format and I really want it in lossless. I guess that's what I get for being too slow. Hopefully it'll be available once again...  Undecided
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 17, 2019, 01:56:37 AM »

I got the Big Beat as zip file for free by runnersdialzero, then-Smiley Smile member. 3D Nice music.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 17, 2019, 03:38:18 AM »

I wish I could have scored a copy.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
TopCat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 17, 2019, 06:16:47 PM »

Same here! I have the lossy mp3 from Amazon. Great music, but always hoped for the flacs to become available.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2019, 02:05:01 AM »

I'd take pretty much any file if it sounded good. lol

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2019, 07:34:07 AM »

It's never been available in Japan, so I've never got around to listen to it  Sad
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2019, 12:02:59 PM »

Oh blast! It's still available on 7Digital but only in mp3 format and I really want it in lossless. I guess that's what I get for being too slow. Hopefully it'll be available once again...  Undecided
Is slow the word?  Thing came out 6 years ago.   Grin
humanoidboogie
Smiley Smile Associate

deer

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2019, 12:38:19 PM »

Is slow the word?  Thing came out 6 years ago.   Grin

You're right. Slow isn't the right word. I'll be honest and say that I had little or no interest in the Beach Boys (or music in general) at that time...  Embarrassed
FreakySmiley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2019, 11:49:00 AM »

I got the Big Beat as zip file for free by runnersdialzero, then-Smiley Smile member. 3D Nice music.

Would it be uncouth to request a PM of a zip of this album? I've long-since lost the computer I used to have the files on a few years back... And it doesn't seem to be available for purchase in the U.S... If anyone would be inclined to helping out somebody who hates digital music but absolutely loves Beach Boys-related outtakes, I'd be a happy collector...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: November 17, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »

It’s kind of a gray area but as far as my personal beliefs go I’m for it if it’s something that’s out of print. I myself never got the chance

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx