-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD's comments
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD's comments  (Read 44712 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »

And do you honestly feel it's right to kill a hundred thousand people instantly, and many more people dying slowly and painfully with skin hanging off their bodies, from being burned to death, drinking poisoned water, drowning in boiling rivers when they were desperately trying to cool down, and finally, slowing dying from Radiation sickness decades after the explosion. Keep in mind these were nearly all civillians . Do you honestly feel that's the right thing to do?

I may not personally agree with killing innocent people
bluesno1fann
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I know who Truman was. He was the jerk who dropped the Atomic Bombs when the war was clearly won already.
Had history gone the other way, and Japan won even if say, one A-bomb was dropped, Truman would have gone on trial for that.

BRING THE WAR INTO IT, WHY NOT!?!? LETS DISCUSS Smiley
It's kind of a complicated topic...

In seriousness, I've been to the epicenter of where both bombs detonated. They're amazing places, and if anyone is in Japan for a visit, you have to stop by the Peace Park in Hiroshima.

What are your favorite places to travel to?  Cheesy
I've been to both places as well. I go to Japan every couple of years to visit my grandmother and aunt. They live in Tokyo, which is where we mainly stay, but we have visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki once.

Despite it's military intentions that have only (relatively) recently changed, it's a very peaceful country. I have spent 3 weeks backpacking through the rural mountains of Shikoku, a famous island used  by pilgrims to aid in their quest of spiritual enlightenment. 88 temples ring the island, and there is some great scenery. And food.
Agreed. But the Japanese only fought in major wars from 1894 to 1945. When you look at how long Japan's history is, that's like a dot.
I've always enjoyed visiting Japan, the people are very nice. The food is top-quality, and I've always loved Japan for it's food even though I don't eat seafood at all. Have you ever tried Mos Burger? It's a favourite of mine!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »

Wow, what a charming personal message, ORR.

But, hey, what should I expect from someone who quotes themselves in their own signature?

And I'm the tool...  Roll Eyes
By the way, it's a banable offense to ref a PM in a post. You are one of those guys that have to act out in public. Be a big boy and write me back. You have taken like three shots in this thread. Instead of sinking to your level, which is criticizing someone for expressing their opinion, I acted like an adult and PMd you. Say, you aren't Nickos twin?

As someone who has read the rules, it's a "banable" offense (not really, I'll just have to take break for seven days, and, even then, it's at the moderator's discretion, not yours) to post the contents of said message. You'll notice that I've done no such thing.

Please tell me how writing you back makes me a big boy? I have no intention of filling your desires for some petty argument. How's this for hypocritical - I stand up to you and you respond. See any parallels?

Really? Acted like an adult? Because I'm quite sure a child wrote that PM.

Yeah...it's posting the contents thats the issue.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »

But, hey, what should I expect from someone who quotes themselves in their own signature?

I feel less favored now as I had assumed I was the only recipient of a nasty PM  from our friend ORR.

My oh my.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »

Any of you kiddies know who Harry Truman was?  He once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I know who Truman was. He was the jerk who dropped the Atomic Bombs when the war was clearly won already.
Had history gone the other way, and Japan won even if say, one A-bomb was dropped, Truman would have gone on trial for that.

In seriousness, I've been to the epicenter of where both bombs detonated. They're amazing places, and if anyone is in Japan for a visit, you have to stop by the Peace Park in Hiroshima.

I've been to both places as well. I go to Japan every couple of years to visit my grandmother and aunt. They live in Tokyo, which is where we mainly stay, but we have visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki once.

Despite it's military intentions that have only (relatively) recently changed, it's a very peaceful country. I have spent 3 weeks backpacking through the rural mountains of Shikoku, a famous island used  by pilgrims to aid in their quest of spiritual enlightenment. 88 temples ring the island, and there is some great scenery. And food.
Agreed. But the Japanese only fought in major wars from 1894 to 1945. When you look at how long Japan's history is, that's like a dot.
I've always enjoyed visiting Japan, the people are very nice. The food is top-quality, and I've always loved Japan for it's food even though I don't eat seafood at all. Have you ever tried Mos Burger? It's a favourite of mine!

But even when they were an isolated country (the era of the Shogun), different areas were always at war. They're a nation of warriors, proud and relentless!
Militaristic doods, them.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

I feel less favored now as I had assumed I was the only recipient of a nasty PM  from our friend ORR.

My oh my.

Is this going to become like an exclusive club?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2013, 09:45:37 PM »

My oh my.

Perhaps we should make a support group.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »

But even when they were an isolated country (the era of the Shogun), different areas were always at war. They're a nation of warriors, proud and relentless!
Militaristic doods, them.
I guess. Japan has always been proud of their Samurai history. Understandably
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »

I'm glad its through pm and not on the board, though. I myself have gotten a few doozies over the years (not from him).

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

By the way, it's a banable offense to ref a PM in a post. You are one of those guys that have to act out in public. Be a big boy and write me back. You have taken like three shots in this thread. Instead of sinking to your level, which is criticizing someone for expressing their opinion, I acted like an adult and PMd you. Say, you aren't Nickos twin?

As someone who has read the rules, it's a "banable" offense (not really, I'll just have to take break for seven days, and, even then, it's at the moderator's discretion, not yours) to post the contents of said message. You'll notice that I've done no such thing.

Please tell me how writing you back makes me a big boy? I have no intention of filling your desires for some petty argument. How's this for hypocritical - I stand up to you and you respond. See any parallels?

Really? Acted like an adult? Because I'm quite sure a child wrote that PM.

You seem compelled to act out in public. Mature adults don't do that, children do. I didn't publicly "stand up to you", I sent you a PM. No hypocrisy. You are the guy having shots at me(3 before I pisted to you), on a thread not even about me. Funny, nothing about the racist comments from you, you just want to bash me. 2nd, the Mods don't appreciate squabbles in threads. 3rd, are you sure u aren't Nikos twin?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »

Funny, nothing about the racist comments from you, you just want to bash me.

Honestly, I know nothing about any racial comments. Hence the reason I haven't defended either side.
I've only voiced my own opinion that using a picture of a Native American isn't an inherently offensive act.

2nd, the Mods don't appreciate squabbles in threads.

I'm not sure what you expected to happen in this thread.

3rd, are you sure u aren't Nikos twin?

Let's do a blood test.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »

Funny, nothing about the racist comments from you, you just want to bash me.

Honestly, I know nothing about any racial comments. Hence the reason I haven't defended either side.
I've only voiced my own opinion that using a picture of a Native American isn't an inherently offensive act.

2nd, the Mods don't appreciate squabbles in threads.

I'm not sure what you expected to happen in this thread.

3rd, are you sure u aren't Nikos twin?

Let's do a blood test.
Well, happy to meet in person and work it out, forget the blood tests.

You aren't aware of alleged racist comments?Huh Really?Huh? You haven't read and digested the comments of the thread author's post?

But again, you hurl insults publicly and refuse to PM. Again, how old are you?

I'm sure AGD will be delighted to wake up to find his supporters have changed the discussion from his highly questionable comments to my personal opinions.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:36:02 PM by ORR » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »

And I'm the tool...  Roll Eyes

My oh my.
I appreciate the equally energetic PM back! Point taken.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »

You aren't aware of alleged racist comments?Huh
No, I don't know what those comments are.

Really?Huh?
Yes.

You haven't read and digested the comments of the thread author's post?
I don't exactly place stock in second-hand tales.

I don't want to take this to PM because I don't feel like being berated with swear words and baseless insults (which are very mature things, by the way.)

I'm sure AGD will be delighted to wake up to find his supporters have changed the discussion from his highly questionable comments to my personal opinions.
You peg me for an AGD supporter because I disagree with you? I don't follow.

Look, if I just admit that you are more beautiful and intelligent than I am, can this end?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:48:59 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »

You aren't aware of alleged racist comments?Huh
No, I don't know what those comments are.

Really?Huh?
Yes.

You haven't read and digested the comments of the thread author's post?
I don't exactly place stock in second-hand tales.

I don't want to take this to PM because I don't feel like being berated with swear words and baseless insults (which are very mature things, by the way.)

You peg me for an AGD supporter because I disagree with you? I don't follow.
Look, if I just admit that you are more beautiful and intelligent than I am, can this end?

PMing a response to a PM cuts to the chase. pixletwin PM'd me back, made his point, I dug it. Mature, to the point, no acting out.

Ok, you aren't aware then of, whatever. Was confused you were posting numerous times about my comments in a thread titled "AGD's comments", and in which you made no comments about AGD's comments.

Sure, done. I love your hair!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

Seeing you have been banned twice before, according to you, yet viciously bullied and attacked members hundreds of times without being permanently banned, and two of the three Mods seem to be your personal friends, by their own admission, they, as usual, will not do a thing I suspect.

I would be happy to have the elders of our local tribal council write the Mods a letter protesting your inappropriate use of this photo. You may not realize but these things continue to be an issue in the U.S. As the owner of the Washington Redskins would tell you. Native Americans are continuing to work hard on this issue. You don't speak for Natuve Americans nor is your inproper use of this image appreciated.

The fact that you posted a huge blow-up of this image in response to a recent post of mine says all I need to know.

One last time - I use Joseph's avatar as a reminder - especially to me - to be more tolerant, hence the tag, "Just a reminder...". Can you not get it through your thick skull that this is what is known as a "compliment" in the real world ? As for "You don't speak for Natuve Americans nor is your improper use of this image appreciated", who died and made you Paramount Chief of all Native Americans ? Also, my Joseph avatar has been up for a good few weeks, yet it's only now that you decide that it's offensive to you. Your faux-outrage is roughly as convincing as your last "golly-look-what-an-asshole-Mike-Love-is" post was.

You're sucking the life out of this board: not on your own but you're sure as hell not helping. It's a strange, strange fan who only posts to denigrate a founding band member or other posters. I'd call that disruptive, and intentionally so.

Mods: Billy is a friend, as is Smile Holland. I don't even know who Real BB is and my feelings re: Jonas over the years here are public record.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:37:45 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:48 PM »

Seeing you have been banned twice before, according to you, yet viciously bullied and attacked members hundreds of times without being permanently banned, and two of the three Mods seem to be your personal friends, by their own admission, they, as usual, will not do a thing I suspect.

I would be happy to have the elders of our local tribal council write the Mods a letter protesting your inappropriate use of this photo. You may not realize but these things continue to be an issue in the U.S. As the owner of the Washington Redskins would tell you. Native Americans are continuing to work hard on this issue. You don't speak for Natuve Americans nor is your inproper use of this image appreciated.

The fact that you posted a huge blow-up of this image in response to a recent post of mine says all I need to know.

One last time - I use Joseph's avatar as a reminder - especially to me - to be more tolerant, hence the tag, "Just a reminder...". Can you not get it through your thick skull that this is what is known as a "compliment" in the real world ? As for "You don't speak for Natuve Americans nor is your improper use of this image appreciated", who died and made you Paramount Chief of all Native Americans ? Also, my Joseph avatar has been up for a good few weeks, yet it's only now that you decide that it's offensive to you. Your faux-outrage is roughly as convincing as your last "golly-look-what-an-asshole-Mike-Love-is" post was.

You're sucking the life out of this board: not on your own but your sure as hell not helping. It's a strange, strange fan who only posts to denigrate a founding band member or other posters. I'd call that disruptive.

You think I read even a little of what you write? I generally don't unless it's you attacking a post of mine.  First time I am hearing the "Just a reminder". Whatever. The avatar was offensive the first time I saw it. Based on your comments about Muslims, gays, it's obvious sensitivity is not your strong suit. And my being part Native American means nothing to you.

I asked you weeks ago to ignore my posts, and stop arguing but there you are, after most each and every one, disagreeing and taking issue.

Dude, you sucked the life out of this board years ago by bullying people and blowing up with angry outbursts.

I dared you before and you couldn't do it. Stop responding to my posts, ignore them, move on, skip um, leave me alone. You tell people that all the time. I am entitled to my opinions, just as you are. But I am sick and tired of people telling me I can't express my opinion or what it should be.

I am not alone in disliking Mike Love. There are whole web pages devoted to it, so really, that's your argument? We should all brown nose Mr. Love?

If I want to post something from a Mike Love interview, I will do that. I don't rant at you in all the numerous threads you initiate. BB at Pandora's Box, and on and on.

Again, stop responding to my posts, ignore them, move on. Dare ya. Now go and write a new book. I will buy it.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:07:57 AM by ORR » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »

Point proven. My work is done.  Grin

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »

Point proven. My work is done.  Grin
I knew it, I dared ya but you couldn't just walk away. If "My work is done" means you will never respond to me again, and will be skipping my posts, Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin

And I will do the same. Now, I have to go tweet that I am on a bus.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:51:16 AM by ORR » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »

I thought I had made a point about ignoring each other…  yet it took another 12+ hours to draw that same conclusion.

Before we get misunderstandings on moderators protecting certain members.
Yes, I can call AGD a friend of mine.
And yes, I was also co-responsible for banning him in the past. And if he really gets out of line, he knows what the consequences are.
And regarding ORR: although not a friend of mine, I personally have nothing against him either, but for him the same rules apply.

To be honest, this topic is almost begging for sanctions. But I also judge on the situation. And yesterdays ML topic and especially this one are typical examples of one person fueling the other up and vice versa (and taking along a few members extra along the line). Which means that IF I happen to think that AGD has just taken his last chance and should be banned, then ORR has certainly done enough in this topic to deserve multiple bans. Which - in my opinion - means both are out.
And is that really worth it? I think not. Is it really that difficult to transcend above yourself and simply let it go, even though we agree extremely on certain issues?

(yes, I’d like to see that “ignore” button return as well, but I don’t have a clue how tbh)

Again - for the record: there's enough room on this board for both Mike lovers and haters (and everything in between). We don't forbid that. And I didn't lock that last ML topic for that reason either.

At last on the avatar (non-)issue. Does this also mean that I can’t use a picture of Mandela as a token of my appreciation of what he has done for his country in his life, just because I’m not a S.A. citizen, AND I’m white? Showing just a picture of a native American is not an act of racism, and the reason behind it (which is obviously positive) is no reason at all for us to act upon. Next thing will be to forbid the of albino cats being deliberately exposed to too much dB’s giving the poor animal permanent hearing damage.

C'mon folks: it's almost Christmas. Put on your favourite BB X-mas album (MiC box is allowed as well), enjoy the music, forgive each others imperfections for once, and remember that we all have one thing in common here: we're fans of (one of) the best pop group ever.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »

First I was accused of rampant homophobia when I observed that, as regards Oasis, I preferred my Beatles straight (as in undiluted)
I missed this 1st time around but did read it later & it's clear to me that you are being resentful for exactly nothing. 1st off, it's impossible to know every single meaning of every word, I bet even Shakespeare couldn't boast of large vocabulary. So it's perfectly normal that someone would misunderstand another speaker. 2ndly, the poster not once apologized to you; he didn't act like a troll harping on the same thing over & over but listened to your version & stopped. You, on the other hand, chose to continue & throwing out insults & sarcastic remarks. That was really out of line & I dare say of both of you, Aegir had more tact. Seriously, why did you bring this stuff again? It doesn't have anything to do with initial post of the thread.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2013, 04:12:20 AM »

To the mods:

Can we have a ruling here on whether or not I'm being racist in using an avatar of a Native American, however respectfully, despite my being a Caucasian of Roma ancestry ?

If you say I am, then I'll remove it (and I take it this will mean anyone else using an avatar that is not directly related to their ethnicity - like, say, a cat - will also be required to change it).

If not, doesn't being unfairly accused of being racist call for a ban of the accuser ?

Thank you for your judgement in advance.  angel

Seriously, first I was accused of rampant homophobia when I observed that, as regards Oasis, I preferred my Beatles straight (as in undiluted) and now, because I use a Native American avatar, I'm a racist, according to someone who no-one here knew was claiming NA descent until a few hours ago. I believe the only possible rejoinder is:

What. The. Actual. f*** ?

[PS: the request for a ruling is genuine]

For the record, I personally never made reference to AGD's photo and I fail to see why it's remotely relevant. The comments about Muslims/gays/whatever, I didn't like - end of. The photo of an Indian, I couldn't give a sh*t about and am slightly baffled as to how anyone could see it as anything other than, er... a photo of an Indian.

However, if comments re how Muslims/gays receive beneficial treatment over straight whites isn't cause for concern from the moderators (or anyone else on here for that matter), then I guess this board is maybe a little too right-wing for my tastes.... And that doesn't make me a p*ssy, it makes me a nice open-minded non-bigot.

And I just HATE people whining about the benefits system. If every single person on benefits in the UK - whether black, white, Muslim, atheist, whatever - went back to work tomorrow, it'd barely make a ripple in the nation's finances. If every rich tax-dodging arsehole and banker paid their taxes properly, the nation's finances would be TRANSFORMED!

I understand people can get pretty frustrated when they're out of work and can't get a job, but why pick on the little guy??
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:58:13 AM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2013, 05:14:40 AM »

Have to throw this out...I'm extremely far left, not right. If anything, I think social services should be increased, not decreased. sh*t, I just lost my house a month ago and had st sell our wedding rings just to pay the rent. Nowhere did I say I *agreed* with the original post, just that I knew what Andrew was actually saying
 Huge difference.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2013, 05:15:04 AM »

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2013, 05:18:20 AM »

You might want to... the Thought Nazis are walking tonight.  Ahhh!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: