-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  RIP Nelson Mandela
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Nelson Mandela  (Read 4281 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »

A truly incredible human being and an inspiration to us all.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:48:41 PM »

A great man, in so many ways.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »

A man of great principles , and a principle of great political & cultural change
A true inspiration for future ages (we all hope)
A strong influence in the combat against racism, ended apartheid and gave many a fair chance to live as they deserved. RIP
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:35:59 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »

His death came as no surprise due to his age (95) and his declining health. Still, it is a sad day, and he will be missed.
He will forever be remembered for bringing an end to Apartheid.
R.I.P.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:36:45 AM »

I am about to possibly cause one of the biggest outcries on this board. No matter what the man did in the decades after he was released from prison, he started his "career" with pro-militant views, and was convicted of treason. People tend to conveniently forget that.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 06:34:18 AM »

I am about to possibly cause one of the biggest outcries on this board. No matter what the man did in the decades after he was released from prison, he started his "career" with pro-militant views, and was convicted of treason. People tend to conveniently forget that.

Can you explain to me what's wrong with trying to overthrow a systematically racist and repressive government?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 07:14:22 AM »

A true legend in world history. He will be missed.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 08:03:05 AM »

The same could be argued about the "Resistance" from WWII.  One must look to the law and whether it inherently denies human rights.  Mandela was trained as an attorney and must have known that.  It all depends "where one sits" when analyzing this.  If you sit on the "enslaved side" then you are looking at the human rights issues.  Even certain states and cities, divested shares, etc., from South Africa to end apartheid. 

If you are running a colonial empire, you construe actions against your financial and governmental interests, to be unlawful.  The US went through the same thing with the Civil War, and the American Revolution.  When oppresssion is the greatest; so is the resistance against it.  There was plenty of militancy and sabotage during WWII.  It helped the people save themselves. 

bluesno1fann
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

The same could be argued about the "Resistance" from WWII.  One must look to the law and whether it inherently denies human rights.  Mandela was trained as an attorney and must have known that.  It all depends "where one sits" when analyzing this.  If you sit on the "enslaved side" then you are looking at the human rights issues.  Even certain states and cities, divested shares, etc., from South Africa to end apartheid.  

If you are running a colonial empire, you construe actions against your financial and governmental interests, to be unlawful.  The US went through the same thing with the Civil War, and the American Revolution.  When oppresssion is the greatest; so is the resistance against it.  There was plenty of militancy and sabotage during WWII.  It helped the people save themselves.  

Agreed. Another good example is the oppression of Palestinians by Israel. Almost like another apartheid. But that's another topic for another time  Smiley
Jason
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »

The same could be argued about the "Resistance" from WWII.  One must look to the law and whether it inherently denies human rights.  Mandela was trained as an attorney and must have known that.  It all depends "where one sits" when analyzing this.  If you sit on the "enslaved side" then you are looking at the human rights issues.  Even certain states and cities, divested shares, etc., from South Africa to end apartheid.  

If you are running a colonial empire, you construe actions against your financial and governmental interests, to be unlawful.  The US went through the same thing with the Civil War, and the American Revolution.  When oppresssion is the greatest; so is the resistance against it.  There was plenty of militancy and sabotage during WWII.  It helped the people save themselves.  

Agreed. Another good example is the oppression of Palestinians by Israel. Almost like another apartheid. But that's another topic for another time  Smiley

I don't envy the shitstorm you've just invited upon yourself...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »

What are you talking about?
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »

Nelson was a great man. R.I.P. Mr. Mandela.
Jason
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 08:56:21 PM »

What are you talking about?

One does not make the apartheid analogy in the case of Israel and the Palestinians and get off without a load of neoconservative rhetoric. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: