gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:37:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting Dennis Wilson  (Read 3720 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »

Anyone read this yet?

From amazon UK:

Product Description
MEETING DENNIS WILSON follows the exploits of sixteen-year-old Margo LeDoux, who has a crush on the Beach Boys’ drummer and decides she’s going to meet him... if only ~ sigh!!~ it was that easy! Her best friend Brian and best girlfriend Christy both support her, but they’ve got problems and wishes of their own... meanwhile, her boyfriend Scott is against it (“I’m not having you running off and being some groupie!”). What’s a girl with a crush (or obsession) to do? Find out in MEETING DENNIS WILSON! This is book one of a serialized novel. Seven books will be published during 2013 in both softcover and Kindle editions, with all seven books to be collected in a limited edition hardcover eventually.

About the Author
Max Harrick Shenk is a fiction writer currently living in Vermont, 500-some miles from his home turf of central Pennsylvania. He will add more to this biography when he can think a little more clearly, but for now, the cogent facts include... * Novel MEETING DENNIS WILSON is being published as a series of seven serialized books through the spring and summer of 2013. * Short story collection WHAT'S WITH HER? available as a Kindle edition and soon to undergo a second printing from New Plains Press. * MFA in creative writing from Goddard College (2007). * MA in education from Goddard College (2010). * Single; divorced twice; hoping the third time will be a charm. * Website is www.maxshenkwrites.com * Athor of not only these stories, but of a continuing Facebook fiction project featuring the characters from these stories. * That should be "author." * Born 1964, Carlisle, PA. * Favorite authors: Henry David Thoreau, Mark Twain, Edward Abbey, Henry Miller, Ring Lardner, Jimmy Breslin, John McPhee, Anne LaMott, Susan Oliver, Miller Williams, Thomas Merton, Garrison Keillor. * Please don't think that citation of these athors indicates literary self-comparison to them. * That one should ALSO be "auhtors." * Or, rather, "authors." * I have had too many cups of coffee. * Favorite quote #1: "What is truth? I don't know, and I'm sorry I raised the point." ~ Edward Abbey * Favorite quote #2: "You know, I'm not in this to make money. If I wanted to make money, I know what to do." ~ Miles Davis * Favorite quote #3: "I'm not a genius; I'm just a hard-working guy." ~ Brian Wilson * Citation of third quote does not inicate comparison to Brian Wilson, or any sort of self-assessment of genius or lack thereof. * That should be "indicate." * Errata to follow.

“We live in divisive times.”
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »

The next book in the series will be titled Tuesday's With Murry
RockNSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »

Someone already did a cartoon series on that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNM7dy2WjI

These categorizations might work If it was 1963 and we were all a bunch of 12 year old girls clutching tear soaked pictures of our favourite beach boy.

RockNSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »

delete
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:43:27 PM by RockNSoul » Logged

These categorizations might work If it was 1963 and we were all a bunch of 12 year old girls clutching tear soaked pictures of our favourite beach boy.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »

bump! 
Anyone ever break down and buy these?   
Noticed that there's a set of them just listed on Ebay, so I was wondering how devilishly delightful they are to read.... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEETING-DENNIS-WILSON-boxless-boxed-set-seven-signed-books-complete-YA-novel-/281538193215   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

What a weird choice to go with seven volumes. I wonder what brought on that brainstorm...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »

Max Shenk used to post on the now defunct Capitol MB and had two spells on the freeforums board where I mainly post these days. I was a keen reader of his blog for a while...

Here's an interview with MHS: http://www.yorkblog.com/books/2013/09/21/carlisle-native-max-shenk-releases-novel-series-meeting-dennis-wilson/ 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

What a weird choice to go with seven volumes. I wonder what brought on that brainstorm...

Dennis probably bragged about being able to go seven "volumes" in one night.  LOL
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

To be followed by My Dinner With Audree
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 01:12:02 AM »

I bought them and reed them. They're really fun an great Young Adult Literature stuff with lots of Beach Boys references. You should really read them and support tis guy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx