gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:33:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 14 Beach Boys albums coming to vinyl/SACD  (Read 212763 times)
PhilCohen
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »

It has been reported (on the Steve Hoffman forums) that all mention of The Beach Boys L.P./SACD series has disappeared from the website of Analogue Productions. That's it. For whatever reasons(and the public may never know) these products are not to be. End of Story.

Maybe Capitol will someday release some more Beach Boys archival product....or maybe they won't. But our chances of getting more Beach Boys product from Capitol/Universal are, in my opinion, better than the chances of getting anything from Analogue Productions.

It may ultimately be that we won't get anything this year from Capitol. A Brian Wilson solo album may happen, but it's meant for the kids; for them to discover Brian's music by hearing Brian duet with dubious 21st century "talents".  Whether Brian's long-term fans like this new album is, from a marketing standpoint, irrelevant.

If there was even a believable rumor or hint from Capitol that more Beach Boys archival product was in the pipeline, at least we'd have something to passionately debate or argue about, but instead boredom is settling in . Yawn.......

I guess this is a new variant of The Wall of Secrecy. Don't promise or announce anything. I guess nobody will feel cheated or mistreated. Is this progress? I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:25:16 PM by PhilCohen » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »

It has been reported (on the Steve Hoffman forums) that all mention of The Beach Boys L.P./SACD series has disappeared from the website of Analogue Productions. That's it. For whatever reasons(and the public may never know) these products are not to be. End of Story.

Maybe Capitol will someday release some more Beach Boys archival product....or maybe they won't. But our chances of getting more Beach Boys product from Capitol/Universal are, in my opinion, better than the chances of getting anything from Analogue Productions.

It may ultimately be that we won't get anything this year from Capitol. A Brian Wilson solo album may happen, but it's meant for the kids; for them to discover Brian's music by hearing Brian duet with dubious 21st century "talents".  Whether Brian's long-term fans like this new album is, from a marketing standpoint, irrelevant.

If there was even a believable rumor or hint from Capitol that more Beach Boys archival product was in the pipeline, at least we'd have something to passionately debate or argue about, but instead boredom is settling in . Yawn.......

I guess this is a new variant of The Wall of Secrecy. Don't promise or announce anything. I guess nobody will feel cheated or mistreated. Is this progress? I don't know.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »

On 7/13/2014 6:33 AM, Alan Smith wrote (to Analogue Productions contact email):

>The Beach Boys vinyl and SACD reissues
> Hey there - are you guys still planning on bringing out selected reissues of The Beach Boys back catalogue, remastered by Kevin Gray, on 180 vinyl and SACD, in the near future?
>
> Cheers - Al

On 15/07/2014 6:34 AM, Orders wrote:

>>>Hello,

>>>Unfortunately we do not have any further information on these productions at this time.

>>>Thanks for the email!

I liked the exclamation mark, always brings a smile to one's face in the face of quality archival release adversity.

Anyway, similar to earlier comments, I need a few years lead time to accrue the ready cash to shell for polished versions of same old.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:11 AM »

A member on SH board noticed that Friends, 20/20, Love You and In Concert were all newly listed in Acoustic Sounds with a release date of August 16th.  Is this wave part of this vinyl/SACD re-releases and most importanty: is this a sign that we'll be getting the reissues on CD as well?

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98920/The_Beach_Boys-Love_You-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98921/The_Beach_Boys-Live_In_London-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98922/The_Beach_Boys-Friends-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98930/The_Beach_Boys-2020-Vinyl_Record
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »

A member on SH board noticed that Friends, 20/20, Love You and In Concert were all newly listed in Acoustic Sounds with a release date of August 16th.  Is this wave part of this vinyl/SACD re-releases and most importanty: is this a sign that we'll be getting the reissues on CD as well?

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98920/The_Beach_Boys-Love_You-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98921/The_Beach_Boys-Live_In_London-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98922/The_Beach_Boys-Friends-Vinyl_Record
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98930/The_Beach_Boys-2020-Vinyl_Record
In Concert is mis-marked. It is the 1964 Beach Boys Concert.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

Suspect both are in the pipeline as the 64 sleeve is shown for two separate listings with different ACAP numbers and widely differing prices.

… and one's a 2LP set!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98918/The_Beach_Boys-The_Beach_Boys_In_Concert-Vinyl_Record
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:00:52 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »

Full list (so far) appears to be

Friends
20/20
Love You
Concert
In Concert
Live in London

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »

Which seem to be some of the odds and sodds that weren't included in the recent remasters.

Curious to know the deal there - cheaper to licence?

Anyway, Friends and Love You! Yeeehah!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

Suspect both are in the pipeline as the 64 sleeve is shown for two separate listings with different ACAP numbers and widely differing prices.

… and one's a 2LP set!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98918/The_Beach_Boys-The_Beach_Boys_In_Concert-Vinyl_Record
Maybe it is In Concert, but when I checked the track list it showed the 13 songs on Beach Boys Concert. The Beach Boys Concert link also shows the same track list. I did check this this morning so it may have been fixed. I can't seem to get on the site right now to verify.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »

A member on SH board noticed that Friends, 20/20, Love You and In Concert were all newly listed in Acoustic Sounds with a release date of August 16th. 

Now pushed back to September 16, 2014... Brow

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&categoryid=Any&searchField=Any&searchtext=beach+boys&search.x=0&search.y=0

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

PhilCohen
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2014, 08:14:47 PM »

These are all vinyl releases. So, there will be no SACD's. I've got a near complete set of 1960's Capitol vinyl pressings(excepting "Surfin' U.S.A. & "Best of" compilations), and I've got an early 1970's EMI Bovema(Netherlands) "Live in London", so I'd rather spend my (rapidly shrinking) disposable income on music that I haven't already got.

And, by the way, these five vinyl releases now being listed for preorder are NOT the (cancelled?) Analogue Productions releases. These are Capitol releases, not audiophile releases.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:42:45 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »

And, by the way, these five vinyl releases now being listed for preorder are NOT the (cancelled?) Analogue Productions releases. These are Capitol releases, not audiophile releases.

Appreciate that clarification.

And share your sentiment… I have these on original vinyl (assuming there's nothing specifically "new" about these…) and wouldd rather blow my money this year on Brian's new LP, or tracking down an affordable version of POB 3LP.

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »

I don't have a worthy copy of Friends, a personal fave, so will have to shell for that baby.

As these are seemingly Capitol jobbies, I imagine they'll be listed/listing on other sites (the ubiquitous Amazon).

Phil, curious re your source info about the Capitol origin (not saying I don't believe the news) - any further info?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »

Just wondering if the so-called In Concert is actually DEFINITELY Beach Boys Concert but 2 discs because maybe it'll be mono/stereo?

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

The original In Concert LP release was on two discs.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:24 PM »

I wonder if these will be like the "From the Vaults" pressings, i.e., faithful to the original packaging.
PhilCohen
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »

And share your sentiment… I have these on original vinyl (assuming there's nothing specifically "new" about these…) and wouldd rather blow my money this year on Brian's new LP, or tracking down an affordable version of POB 3LP.

Are you really sure that you WANT Brian to release his new album, given the reports of duets with trendy 2014 pop stars? Maybe it should stay in the vaults.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

Are you really sure that you WANT Brian to release his new album, given the reports of duets with trendy 2014 pop stars? Maybe it should stay in the vaults.

Huh?

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »

So you've no interest in new Brian Wilson songs featuring vocals from Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin? For a big Beach Boys fan like myself (and presumably you), that alone would make me give the album a shot.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »

Don't feed the trolls.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »

Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »

As these are seemingly Capitol jobbies, I imagine they'll be listed/listing on other sites (the ubiquitous Amazon).

Phil, curious re your source info about the Capitol origin (not saying I don't believe the news) - any further info?

Not Phil, but the fact that Acoustic Sounds has the product numbers starting with an "ACAP" prefix might be a decent clue. The Analogue Productions releases on their site have their own unique imprint. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:04:57 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »

Not Phil, but the fact that Acoustic Sounds has the product numbers starting with an "ACAP" prefix might be a decent clue. The Analogue Productions releases on their site have their own unique imprint. Smiley

Yeah, it's indeed a good clue -  but I'm fishing if a press release or some other additional info was kicking around Phil or anyone else's depts; as I haven't seen these releases listed elsewhere (so far), specifics are light on the ground.

Anyways, in order to avoid assumption, I enquired with Acoustic Sounds and they confirmed these are Capitol but could not supply any further detail re the pressing etc.  The rep also noted the Acoustic Sounds Analogue Productions reissues of the Beach Boys have not been formally placed on the website at this time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:34:56 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »

Well they did just put out an exhaustive box set last year.  You know, the one you kept swearing would be cancelled?  I'm sure Capitol probably thinks that will cover their Beach Boys needs for the next few years.  Then it will be back to the compilation discs with "new stereo mixes" or whatever gimmick they use to sucker us into buying the same oldies again. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »

Zooey, Lana, and Frank are very talented artists and I'm just happy Brian is releasing a new album at all. Many fans would be bummed out if Brian or Capitol canned the album.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:59:42 PM by WindChimes67 » Logged

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx