gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 04:41:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non official releases on CDs - Need your help!  (Read 2435 times)
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:51:01 AM »

As you may know if you already met me on the forum, I’m the ultimate Beach Boys on CDs collector. Now, it is more and more difficult for me to find new stuff to purchase but also new stuff to look for. Collecting CDs is not an easy task since you don’t know what actually exists. Here is below a short list of bootleg CDs which I’m not sure that they actually exist on CD. Your help would be very much appreciated. Here is the list:

Help Me, Rhonda (Black Park BP141)
Smile (Recompiled Definitive Version) (Wilson Records BB001)
Live At Central Park, Sept. 1977
California Feeling (Brother 1976)
The Cocaine Sessions (01125 TV)
Live At Big Sur (Murry 1001)
Smile - Part 1 (GEMA A12556)
Smile (Red Robin Records, 1993)
London Wednesday Jan 30th 2002 (Spark in the Dark) (2CDs)
All Summer Long in Tennessee (2CDs)

Best
Sangheon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »

Live At Big Sur (Murry 1001)

This CD doesn't exist.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »

This is a very awkward question answer on this board as we traditionally have a tradition of denying the existence of a CD whether it exists or not. So just be wise someone says there is no such CD doesn't mean here is no such CD, they might be saying that because there is indeed such a CD but they don wan to admit to owning it. On the other hand, they might be saying there is no such things as such and such a CD because there is no such thing as such and such a CD.

A far better way to ask might be to say "I've heard there is no such thing as such and such a CD - how do you rate it?"

Ooh, we've opened a reet can o'worms here tha knows!

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:26:59 AM »

This is a very awkward question answer on this board as we traditionally have a tradition of denying the existence of a CD whether it exists or not. So just be wise someone says there is no such CD doesn't mean here is no such CD, they might be saying that because there is indeed such a CD but they don wan to admit to owning it. On the other hand, they might be saying there is no such things as such and such a CD because there is no such thing as such and such a CD.

A far better way to ask might be to say "I've heard there is no such thing as such and such a CD - how do you rate it?"

What would David Cameron think of all this wink wink?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »

And really, it's a sad state of affairs when folks are  scared to admit such and such exists.
The BBs know they're out there. Whether or not they appreciate them, it's a fact of life that they exist; and publicly discussing them won't change that fact.
Offering them for sale/trade or anything else here is WRONG, but I really don't see any harm in their discussion. 

Myself, I stopped buying boot cds after I got most of the SOTs. None of this list are familiar to me, so I can't confirm/deny any of them; but if I knew, I'd have no problem posting it here

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »

And really, it's a sad state of affairs when folks are  scared to admit such and such exists.
The BBs know they're out there. Whether or not they appreciate them, it's a fact of life that they exist; and publicly discussing them won't change that fact.
Offering them for sale/trade or anything else here is WRONG, but I really don't see any harm in their discussion. 

Myself, I stopped buying boot cds after I got most of the SOTs. None of this list are familiar to me, so I can't confirm/deny any of them; but if I knew, I'd have no problem posting it here

S'okay, I have no problem reeeeeaallly…

I've not seen any of these as pressed silvers. Some titles might float around as CDrs but I'm guessing most will have begun life as Mp3 collections or torrents…

If they exist, of course, and no-ones saying whether they might. Or might not. Wink

“We live in divisive times.”
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

The band's management also didn't have a problem with it when they were encouraging people to post to facebook talking about the SMiLE boots back when the box came out!
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »

I asked a similar question on another thread about some SMiLE-related mp3's that I thought I used to have and I guess either never existed or no one on this board is familiar with. See: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16727.0.html No replies  Cool Guy
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »

Board rules do not prohibit talking about boots. They prohibit members asking for copies of boots
Captain Cook Fashion
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:32 PM »

Smile (Red Robin Records, 1993) certainly exists as a silver-pressed CD, with the catalogue number RRR1.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »

When the Brian Wilson site 1st came on line I asked a question about SMILE boots...Wondering weather BW had any participation  in leaking the smile stuff..Like being apart of it because of his resentment  for BB not liking it..WELL.. We all know better now but 14 yrs ago it wasn't common knowledge.. Well I asked the question and got jumped on by Melinda about that and I was sure the bootleg police were comin to my door.. LOL..! True story..
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »

3 4 5 6 10
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »

The only non-official cd I have is Sweet Insanity. Found it new, in a mainstream store that normally doesn't carry these things.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 07:58:44 AM »

The Cocaine Sessions sold on ebay about 6 months ago.
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 01:06:19 PM »

When the Brian Wilson site 1st came on line I asked a question about SMILE boots...Wondering weather BW had any participation  in leaking the smile stuff..Like being apart of it because of his resentment  for BB not liking it..WELL.. We all know better now but 14 yrs ago it wasn't common knowledge.. Well I asked the question and got jumped on by Melinda about that and I was sure the bootleg police were comin to my door.. LOL..! True story..

Melinda was pretty active on the boards back then.
And often unkind to anyone posting anything hinting toward something negative about Brian in any way, shape, or form.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx