gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:44:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Think I'm going crazy...top 5 songs I could listen to over and over and over...  (Read 5601 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »

(Wouldn't It Be Nice To) Live Again. That recording is quite possibly the best thing The Beach Boys ever recorded in their entire career(yes, including the stuff we haven't even heard yet). Have you ever heard a song that was so awesome, that the idea of listening to any other song after that just doesn't seem to make sense? I can listen to that one song, and not listen to anything else for the rest of the day or night. Nothing can even come close to topping it.

I think it's one of their best as well. There's just something about it.

On a side note, how was this song not a single for the MiC boxset? They should've released a collector's edition 45 single with WIBNTLA for Side 1 and California Feelin' for side 2. Then release a digital single on iTunes, amazon, google play, etc. But what did we get instead? We got the freebie 'Goin' To The Beach'. No wonder people laugh at this band.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

On a side note, how was this song not a single for the MiC boxset? They should've released a collector's edition 45 single with WIBNTLA for Side 1 and California Feelin' for side 2. Then release a digital single on iTunes, amazon, google play, etc. But what did we get instead? We got the freebie 'Goin' To The Beach'. No wonder people laugh at this band.
[/quote]

Perhaps the rumors about MiC being priced rather high because of the outrageous royalty charge demanded by Mike are true. If they are true a WIBNTLA single would be prohibitively expensive. I dunno, just a theory. I personally don't believe this particular Mike-as-devil-incarnate theory (others, well…)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »

(Wouldn't It Be Nice To) Live Again. That recording is quite possibly the best thing The Beach Boys ever recorded in their entire career(yes, including the stuff we haven't even heard yet). Have you ever heard a song that was so awesome, that the idea of listening to any other song after that just doesn't seem to make sense? I can listen to that one song, and not listen to anything else for the rest of the day or night. Nothing can even come close to topping it.

Agreed. Goin' To The Beach is a B-side at best. But I think the reason why WIBNTLA wasn't released as a single is because it was the most anticipated song off the MIC box set. Had they released WIBNTLA as a single, not nearly as many people would have gotten the MIC box set. So that is understandable
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »

Agreed. Goin' To The Beach is a B-side at best. But I think the reason why WIBNTLA wasn't released as a single is because it was the most anticipated song off the MIC box set. Had they released WIBNTLA as a single, not nearly as many people would have gotten the MIC box set. So that is understandable

I don't really buy that argument. If you were going to buy the set for just one song, you could've easily downloaded it off iTunes for $1.29 on the day of release. I think making it a single would've drawn a lot of interest to the set.

Another side note, WIBNTLA is arguably one the greatest songs The Beach Boys ever recorded, and it wasn't even marketed by the record company or the band...Because it's The Beach Boys, it doesn't surprise me in the least, but it's still friggin' sad.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »

I don't think WIBNTLA is finished. I don't think it would have been released "as is" on Surf's Up without additional work.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
mtaber
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »

If there are Brianista's, are there also Dennisista's?
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »

The Man With All the Toys

Have you noticed how short it is?

And I thought it was just me... I absolutely freakin' LOVE The Man With All The Toys. The fact that it's so short and sweet; that funky little guitar riff; the opening and mid-song harmony break - seriously, side one of Xmas Album contains some of the most over-looked and under-rated of Brian's early songs.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 12:07:09 AM »

At present, I could alternate between the BBs "All This Is That" and The Eagles "Waiting in the weeds" all week, let alone all day  Cool

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »

I listen to these songs alot when I'm obsessed.

A Day in the Life of a Tree
He Come Down
My Solution (Instrumental)
I Wanna Pick You Up
It's Just a Matter of Time (live version)

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »

(Wouldn't it be Nice) to Live Again
All I Wanna Do
Time to Get Alone
Let the Wind Blow (stereo mix, of course)
Feel Flows

What a somber collection!  But these are the songs that haunt me, even when I'm not around my stereo.  When I'm at work, when I'm out shopping, or sometimes just before I fall asleep at night, any one of these songs might be playing over and over in my head.
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

My Solution (Instrumental)

It's Just a Matter of Time (live version)

Where are those available?  Huh
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx