gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:58:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who reads this board?  (Read 6948 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:18:52 AM »

I mean, would people from Brian's inner circle regularly consult SSnet? To learn from our collective wit and wisdom? And to get a good impression of how we would love to see new and archival material to be assembled and sound?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:25 AM »

As I, and sundry others, have been saying for years (seemingly to deaf ears), ALL the major BB/BW fora are monitored by interested parties, and by selected individuals. Why do you think certain tracks were included on the new box ?

So, again, remember that Big Brother really is watching you. And you. And you. And me.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:27 AM »

As I, and sundry others, have been saying for years (seemingly to deaf ears), ALL the major BB/BW fora are monitored by interested parties, and by selected individuals. Why do you think certain tracks were included on the new box ?

So, again, remember that Big Brother really is watching you. And you. And you. And me.  Grin

Well, I was curious, and I guess I haven't read all of your 13,000+ posts, AGD. But still thanks for replying.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:18:33 AM »

Patently.  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »

I think it's just lovely that these wonderful SEVEN MINUTE HEROES AND VILLAINS people read our board and would hope that they feel SAIL ON SAILOR CASSETTE DEMO very welcome here. It would be a shame though if LOVE YOU DEMOS they were made to feel uncomfortable by SURF'S UP SECOND MOVEMENT ORCHESTRATION ridiculous requests for the release of rare material, such as the Adult Child album ADULT CHILD ALBUM. Of course, that said, I hope they SUNFLOWER/ADD SOME MUSIC DELUXE BOX SET continue to monitor our humble discussions about what might remain in the LEI'D IN HAWAII vaults and perhaps bear them in mind next time they're considering an archival release of CARNEGIE HALL CONCERTS 1972 anything along those lines.  I hope regular posters will remember these points in mind and be very subtle about requests for COMPLETE HITE MORGAN SESSIONS anything, remembering how fortunate we are to have such releases as Hawthorne CA, Made in California and LIFE SUITE Endless Harmony.

“We live in divisive times.”
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »

You might think that the 1974/76 SESSIONS could be of interest to several people here. also LIVE TRACKS from early 70's such as CCW, SU and other suitable tracks might be made available for instance.
In general VAULT MATERIAL will always be welcomed here and if not we always have BEACHBOYS.NET to look forward to. right?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:36:08 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »

Statistically it is quite probable that one reader in the 'inner circle' is colour blind.

So messrs. Manning and C-King, em, expect a knock on your doors anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »

Just optimistic. I would post again with bold, but nah...
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »

How about all the unreleased Brian solo stuff? Much more likely to find hidden gems there than in the more thoroughly mined Beach Boys vaults, I would guess.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »

ALL the major BB/BW fora are monitored by interested parties, and by selected individuals. Why do you think certain tracks were included on the new box ?

Well, they weren't watching close enough. Where are “Big Sur” (4/4), "Carry Me Home", "I've Got A Friend", "I'm Going Your Way", "It's a New Day", and "We Got Love"?

And are you reading now, Brother Records, Boyd, and Linett? Please give us a Beach Boys Live Box set, showcasing early to mid 1970's concerts. Thank you.

Now, let's see if they've really been reading this board, eh? Time will tell. Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »

ALL the major BB/BW fora are monitored by interested parties, and by selected individuals. Why do you think certain tracks were included on the new box ?

Well, they weren't watching close enough. Where are “Big Sur” (4/4), "Carry Me Home", "I've Got A Friend", "I'm Going Your Way", "It's a New Day", and "We Got Love"?

And are you reading now, Brother Records, Boyd, and Linett? Please give us a Beach Boys Live Box set, showcasing early to mid 1970's concerts. Thank you.

Now, let's see if they've really been reading this board, eh? Time will tell. Grin

agree with Mikie 100%

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »

93 box set tour with unplugged section..Full concert Paramount theatre....Bruce says this is wonderfull..I wouldn't know that tho.!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »

Of course not, Mr. Wilson. And you wouldn't know about the '93 Red Barn Rehearsals either, would you?  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »

BRI, BriMel, Bruce, Mike's people and Alan's people have been monitoring this place (and others) for years. How do I know ? Simple: over the years, I asked and they told me. Boyd & Mark L are, of course, registered posters here. So, I think time has told.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:51:29 PM by A. Grayham Doe » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »

Well yeah, and Totten and Cowsill and Matt Jardine are also board members.

But if Bruce really reads this board, he's really taken some shots here the last few years. Surprised he hasn't logged on here like he use to on Male Ego. He'd probably garner more respect.

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »

Royal Albert Hall 2012, please.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »

But if Bruce really reads this board, he's really taken some shots here the last few years. Surprised he hasn't logged on here like he use to on Male Ego. He'd probably garner more respect.

From memory he bailed when some post or poster upset him. Fine. His call. At least now he can read every thread both good and bad which is not a bad thing IMO. I'd be surprised if Foskett doesn't read here as well.

Between all the above names I'm thinking quite a few songs have made concert setlists over the years which may not have been the case without this forum.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

I wonder what M&B think of my posts about them...... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »

Mike and Bruce have this board bookmarked

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

they just consider the source

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 06:13:29 PM »

From memory he bailed when some post or poster upset him. Fine. His call. At least now he can read every thread both good and bad which is not a bad thing IMO. I'd be surprised if Foskett doesn't read here as well.

Between all the above names I'm thinking quite a few songs have made concert setlists over the years which may not have been the case without this forum.

I strongly believe that. And when I see wishlists with songs that are later included on Brian's setlists, I think of Jeff Foskett. If not him, maybe Darian. When I see songs on the M & B setlists, I think maybe Scott Totten's been reading the board. Foskett's another guy who's taken some hits (unnecessary) on this board over the past several years.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »

Amusing and entirely true story - back in the days of Male Ego, George emailed me one day and said "there's some guy wanting to register says he's Bruce Johnston, so I thought I'd best check with you before I told him to go f*** himself: the email is IWTSgrammy76@AOL.com". My response was "tell him to go f*** himself if you like, but that's Bruce sure enough". Now, if he can stand the heat on Ego, this place is nothing in comparison.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

You might be surprised.  Roll Eyes

Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

I thought of starting a similar thread relating to the powers that be, fan/board pressure and hearing Rio Grande live before Brian hangs up his keyboard but didn't think it warranted it's own thread. So if anyone is reading, don't care when or where, I think many of us would love to here it (and see it thanks to YouTube) just once before Brian and band pack up and walk off into the sunset.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 01:31:04 AM »

That e-mail address is SO Bruce it's not true.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx