gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:56:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: would anyone buy a 'bruce johnston' book?  (Read 12541 times)
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 01:50:33 AM »

love is the answer and u know that fo sho
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 03:47:59 AM »

I think if he were 100% honest, it would be a good read and I'd be interested in checking it out. There is so much we don't know about the ins and outs of the Boys, how did he feel about them trying to replace him with Billy Hinsche, why he didn't travel to Hawaii in '67 for the concerts there, and on a personal level, how did he get to Montecito, meet his wife if they're still together(I think I read somewhere that they had separated, but I could be wrong with that), his kids and they're schooling.......yeah, I think it could be a good read. But if he were honest, Mike Love would never go for it, and I don't see Bruce killing the goose that layed the golden egg either. Maybe some day after M &B are done.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »

i would read it. but who would buy it for me?  Wink

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 07:29:07 AM »

Wasn't there a cover put together for his book called Adjusting The Mike?

Is that "Adjusting the Mike" or  "Adjusting the Mic?"  Cuz one would definitely be a much more interesting read than the other.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »

I  don't believe Bruce will ever write a book because he doesn't want to get sued. When he left BB in 1972 he sold his shares in company and never wanted them back . To avoid law suits..Smart guy.!  And of course being a BB is a paycheck.. All his kid"s are in school in Europe.. Cost"s tons of money.! I also read that Bruce supports his lifestyle + kid"s schooling with NEW money..!! Never spends OLD money. { Rexall.. IWTS.. real estate..etc }.Bruce is a very smart guy business wise..He insures his life style..Yea he knows what he is doin with M+B.. But people forget M+B show started off very bumpy. In 2000 when BW was doing PET SOUNDS at Hollywood Bowl M+B were in a park In Pasadena the week before and only a few hundred people showed up to an average show at best..M+B built the audience they have now goin to a  BB tribute show.. The guy"s still a hell of a vocalist And fine piano player when he wants to be..I like him myself.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »

I  don't believe Bruce will ever write a book because he doesn't want to get sued. When he left BB in 1972 he sold his shares in company and never wanted them back . To avoid law suits..Smart guy.!  And of course being a BB is a paycheck.. All his kid"s are in school in Europe.. Cost"s tons of money.! I also read that Bruce supports his lifestyle + kid"s schooling with NEW money..!! Never spends OLD money. { Rexall.. IWTS.. real estate..etc }.Bruce is a very smart guy business wise..He insures his life style..Yea he knows what he is doin with M+B.. But people forget M+B show started off very bumpy. In 2000 when BW was doing PET SOUNDS at Hollywood Bowl M+B were in a park In Pasadena the week before and only a few hundred people showed up to an average show at best..M+B built the audience they have now goin to a  BB tribute show.. The guy"s still a hell of a vocalist And fine piano player when he wants to be..I like him myself.
Are those kids still in school in Europe...it has been a long time now. What ever happened with his move to Nashville to write songs?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »

I think Bruce would need some distance from Mike to write such a book and be able to give a candid report on the history of the band from his perspective.  Bruce is both articulate and "well traveled ".  A book by Bruce could be a great insiders  view of the entire southern california recording  scene from the late 50's through the 70's.  As someone said, his is the Forrest Gump of the that era musically.  I , for one, would buy such a book in a heart beat.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »

Are those kids still in school in Europe...it has been a long time now. What ever happened with his move to Nashville to write songs?

I think most or all of those "kids" are out of school. In fact, one son was supposed to marry the sole heir to an Australian multi-billionaire. That son certainly doesn't need Bruce's touring money. That son met his mega-wealthy bride at one of those European boarding schools, so I guess Bruce invested wisely.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 10:44:18 AM »

I think Bruce would need some distance from Mike to write such a book and be able to give a candid report on the history of the band from his perspective.  Bruce is both articulate and "well traveled ".  A book by Bruce could be a great insiders  view of the entire southern california recording  scene from the late 50's through the 70's.  As someone said, his is the Forrest Gump of the that era musically.  I , for one, would buy such a book in a heart beat.

Methinks Mike would have to be gone before Bruce would ever attempt to write an honest and articluate book encompassing the truth on his time with the BBs; I doubt it will ever happen

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
DMBeard_13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »

I think Bruce has plans to publish something next year.  He hasn't told me that, but he has said that next year he will have something to talk about. 

In Music,
David
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »

How could Bruce possibly write a book?...His hand is too sore to even sign an autograph  Roll Eyes
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »

Ba-Da-Boom!  LOL
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »

please no more pictures of the white shorts

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 04:28:33 AM »

It strikes me that Al is a somewhat better bet (5-10%), though his "memory issues" are on the same order of magnitude with those of Bruce.
I would so much like to read Al's (auto)bio! I don't care if he has memory issues (doesn't everyone who's old?), I'm sure he led very fascinating life & hang out with lots of local celebrities. Even Mr. Desper said sth. along the lines that, living in the L.A. area, he hardly was a quiet home guy - quite sociable, in fact, went to many parties.

As to original ?, of course I'd buy it. If only for potential chapter dedicated to the recording of "Surfin' 'Round the World". Generally, I agree that his story is an interesting one, as Mr. Smith mentioned, going from orphan status to wealthy. Quoting some famous song by CCR, Bruce surely is a fortunate son.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »

No. Buying a Bruce Johnston book is the equivalent of reading about the guy who sat next to the class clown (and took notes).
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »

How could Bruce possibly write a book?...His hand is too sore to even sign an autograph  Roll Eyes

We obtained an autograph from Bruce in October.  Very nicely penned on an old copy of  Going Public.  Bruce has always been very accommodating with his time with us.  always a smile.   and I would definitely buy his book.  I would like to see him collaborate with someone who could draw him out on his experiences and memories.   
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2013, 04:22:22 PM »

We obtained an autograph from Bruce in October.  Very nicely penned on an old copy of  Going Public.  Bruce has always been very accommodating with his time with us.  always a smile.   and I would definitely buy his book.  I would like to see him collaborate with someone who could draw him out on his experiences and memories.   

Great!  Mike Love will co-author, then?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx