gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:20:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: frankie valli  (Read 9664 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:21:40 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:31 PM »

I like the Four Seasons. I was surprised to hear that they have out sold the Beach Boys world wide. I thought the Beach Boys were the most successful American band.

I read it somewhere. Can't remember where. I don't believe it though. I also don't believe that the Beach Boys are the #1 American band in sales. I saw a list that showed Aerosmith or the Eagles (can't remember which) as the most successful American band.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »

I heard this same line-up live a couple years ago and it was all clearly performed live. The band, the singers, are all top notch pros. Yes, they do put a drastic EQ on Mr. Valli's voice, making it really cut through, but there's nothing unusual about this level of performance. These guys are well-rehearsed and can sing each part equally as well. They sing quite a bit of unison with Frankie too.
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:15 AM »

I love the four season. I once heard them called "The greatest backing band of all time".

Though they changed members a fair few times they are impeccable musicians, i wouldnt throw them out of a studio!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 09:35:02 AM »

He's heavily processed and/or lipsyncing (personally, I think it's both!). He's coming around here this weekend and I've never seen him, but tickets are over $100, which is silly to pay for a guy who isn't even being honest in a live setting. I think he's an icon and a legend, though - some of those Four Seasons records rival ANYONE'S during that time period - Beatles and BBs included.

2+ years later, he came back to the same venue and this time I went. It was great to see him (and was up against the stage for the last half hour with a bunch of other people, which was cool - shook his hand and made eye contact a few times), but he did lip-sync the entire show. It's a lot to spend for someone who isn't *actually* singing.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »

He's heavily processed and/or lipsyncing (personally, I think it's both!). He's coming around here this weekend and I've never seen him, but tickets are over $100, which is silly to pay for a guy who isn't even being honest in a live setting. I think he's an icon and a legend, though - some of those Four Seasons records rival ANYONE'S during that time period - Beatles and BBs included.

2+ years later, he came back to the same venue and this time I went. It was great to see him (and was up against the stage for the last half hour with a bunch of other people, which was cool - shook his hand and made eye contact a few times), but he did lip-sync the entire show. It's a lot to spend for someone who isn't *actually* singing.
Wow, that is disappointing. I've seen him on the schedule for several local venues in recent times, but somehow just never motivated myself to get to a show. I have watched a few youtube clips, and I admit I was a bit turned off by a bunch of 20-somethings passing themselves off as the 4 Seasons. Couldn' tell in the videos that he was lipsynching. He sure did have a great voice back in the day, though.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »

https://youtu.be/hXCJRmVA9pM

Oops! Frankie flubs it 1:50. Definitely lip sync.   Roll Eyes
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 09:50:36 PM »

The cast of Jersey Boys are doing a concert up here in the next month or so. Probably a better bet than seeing the man himself.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 05:28:25 AM »

"Who Loves You" is an awesome song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObG9bBJFcIM

That was an interesting time, when Valli often took a back seat and others sang lead.

I remember this one getting plenty of airplay in the Netherlands in the mid '70s. Lovely song, great production:

https://youtu.be/Es1-W4HPjgQ

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 08:07:22 AM »

Favorites: "Sherry", "I can't give you anything", "Save it for me", "Don't cry Elena", "Dawn", "Idaho".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx