gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:02:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet another Mike Interview  (Read 17435 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »

Pretty piss poor apology Pinder. It's pretty apparent who got angry here and started the name calling. You seriously over reacted. And accusing me/people of sharing your PMs. Not cool!  Embarrassed

I

What are you talking about? I never accused anyone of that!

I said it wasnt cool and was creepy to put up my name and where I live as a comeback. That's it....

Are you sure it's me who needs to chill?

When have I ever taken things to that level or made personal digs at you or your hobby?

In fact, I've tried to arrive at middleground several times in these threads and have praised Brian over and over.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:51:51 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »

Pretty piss poor apology Pinder. It's pretty apparent who got angry here and started the name calling. You seriously over reacted. And accusing me/people of sharing your PMs. Not cool!  Embarrassed

I
Pretty piss poor apology Pinder. It's pretty apparent who got angry here and started the name calling. You seriously over reacted. And accusing me/people of sharing your PMs. Not cool!  Embarrassed

I

I said it wasnt cool and was creepy to put up my name and where I live as a comeback. That's it....

Without a doubt. You seemingly are unable to comprehend what you are writing and how you react.
I have done it myself on the board and taken stuff too personally.

Maybe this will get some SSs to now check out your tunes. You're welcome!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »

I

I

Without a doubt. You seemingly are unable to comprehend what you are writing and how you react.
I have done it myself on the board and taken stuff too personally.

Maybe this will get some SSs to now check out your tunes. You're welcome!

You're stepping a bit out of line here.... I'm trying to turn this around and you're just tearing to shreds and putting down anything/everything I say...

Yeah, we all get caught up here from time to time, but I didn't go and make very personal comments about you..... I said the Mike haters are out of control and suggested you read Stebbins. That's about it. And don't try and pretend you've been cool calm and collected this whole time because your comments to me don't present that. At least I admit you caught me off guard and freaked me out. I'm only human.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »

Got some scotch to go with that popcorn???
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:49 PM »

For the love of everything that is The Beach Boys, shut the hell up.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »

For the love of everything that is The Beach Boys, shut the hell up.

I second that!

Costanza. Quite appropriate for bystanders including myself  Grin
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »

As one of my favorite posters on the Smiley board once said, "That's it, who here wants to touch dicks?" 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »

As one of my favorite posters on the Smiley board once said, "That's it, who here wants to touch dicks?" 

are you offering?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

Thanks so much for sharing the Greek Theater anecdote a couple pages back! This is pretty incredible stuff. I assume Carl wasn't there since this was only two weeks or so after the Long Beach concert, right? Must've been a tough time for being a fan.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »

I

When have I ever taken things to that level or made personal digs at you or your hobby?

In fact, I've tried to arrive at middleground several times in these threads and have praised Brian over and over.

I think both of you need to chill and take it to PMs. That said, posting someone's name and location without their permission is most certainly not allowed. I...really don't know what to say at this point.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »

don't tell us what we should talk about please.

He did not tell you what you should talk about , he made a suggestion. If you can't stand somebody not sharing YOUR opinion, feel attacked by him stating HIS opinion, and then act like you've been insulted, I suggest founding your own board where you allow only posters that share yours.

Pinder, I suggest to you (not telling you what you should do Wink 2) not to waste your time to quarrel with some guy who just won't reflect on his own view.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

are you offering?

Nah, that just came to mind after reading Pinder's and ORR's exchanges. When I saw that at the end of an argument in a thread a few months ago, I LOL'd for 5 minutes! Instead of an old fashioned hug and make-up kiss or handshake with a pat on the back, it's.....

Hey, by the way, anybody here want Bgas's real name and general vicinity thereof?   Grin
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:31:02 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »

Billy, you don't need to do anything, but thank you.

While I was out, he sent me a PM telling me what a douche I am and how much my music sucks and what a little girl I am, and then blocked me from responding.... So, I'm fully aware of the type of person I was wasting my time with.

OK, law of the land is, Mike sucks and prepare to be personally attacked and insulted if you don't agree.

At least OSD was funny!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2013, 09:47:38 PM »

As I like to say, 'Stones and Sticks may break my dick, but words just annoy me'

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

He could've posted a photo of your face too. Consider yourself lucky  Smiley

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

After reading the last 2-3 pages, I wonder if it's time again we have to lock yet another topic...  Undecided

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »

Happens every time there's a new Mike Love interview!  Same people, same time, same channel!

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »

He did not tell you what you should talk about , he made a suggestion. If you can't stand somebody not sharing YOUR opinion, feel attacked by him stating HIS opinion, and then act like you've been insulted, I suggest founding your own board where you allow only posters that share yours.

Pinder, I suggest to you (not telling you what you should do Wink 2) not to waste your time to quarrel with some guy who just won't reflect on his own view.
Obviously you didn't read all my comments so I say it again. People should be able to talk about Mike's comments if they want. But you look rather foolish to participate in that discussion over and over and then, when the arguement doesn't go your way, to turn and tell people "you should just talk about the music".

I think it's absurd for a guy who posts his hometown in a thread,  and posts multiple links to his personal music site on this board, to be upset his first name is mentioned. I may not be an expert but I don't think this is good marketing for an aspiring musician.

As to your point of view, you guys go bonkers every time Mike Love gets critiqued. Yeah, bring back OSD, he was funny.

Gregg
Lincoln Beach, Oregon

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »

Obviously you didn't read all my comments so I say it again. People should be able to talk about Mike's comments if they want. But you look rather foolish to participate in that discussion over and over and then, when the arguement doesn't go your way, to turn and tell people "you should just talk about the music".

I think it's absurd for a guy who posts his hometown in a thread,  and posts multiple links to his personal music site on this board, to be upset his first name is mentioned. I may not be an expert but I don't think this is good marketing for an aspiring musician.

As to your point of view, you guys go bonkers every time Mike Love gets critiqued. Yeah, bring back OSD, he was funny.

Gregg
Lincoln Beach, Oregon

Can you please stop making this so personal? I am not an aspiring anything, just a hobbyist,  nor is your opinion exactly coveted. As ugly as things can get on this board, they have rarely, if ever, gotten so creepily personal. Please keep my attempts at music to the relevant threads and if I want my name, place of residence and off-board activities mentioned/criticized on threads about Mike Love, it will be my decision, thank you. I think that's fair enough.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:37:14 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:56 PM »

Hey, I PMd you. You didn't want to talk about it. Sounds good to me! Again, I merely repeated what you had posted. And don't appreciate slurs and name calling directed at me. I am done.

Summer In Paradise fantasy?

I can tell you, as an LA native who grew up in Manhattan Beach: it's really not a fantasy!

Go bike riding down the strand on any 4th of July (past many spots name checked in their songs) and it's nothing but Beach Boys blasting from decks, the beach, cars!

Not a fantasy in the least and classic Beach Boys will never really be nostalgia. Never ever. And it will always be relevant.

Topic: My little page with my little albums 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:21:41 PM by Gregg, Oregon » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »

After reading the last 2-3 pages, I wonder if it's time again we have to lock yet another topic...  Undecided

I think it is.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx