gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:23:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis movie on German/Austrian/Swiss TV this weekend  (Read 2757 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:01:00 AM »

I just spotted that on Sunday night, actually on Monday 12:50 AM, TV station 3Sat will broadcast the movie with Dennis, Two-Lane Blacktop, that is, the German version called "Asphaltrennen". Tape it if you haven't seen it yet.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:59:22 AM by Micha » Logged

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »

Interestingly, the German version has James Taylor dubbed with the German standard voice of Robert DeNiro, and Dennis dubbed with the standard voice for Eric Idle. Ummm... Dennis speaking with Eric Idles voice... not so good. Cheesy

Moderators, I think you can delete this thread now.

Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »

I copied this post to a friend in Germany who recently celebrated his 20th year running the Oldenburg Film Festival, knowing that he would actually be flying to L.A. the very night this was airing.  Can't believe we had never discussed Two Lane Blacktop before, but this was his response:

"Hey Eddie!

This is one of my all time favorites! I have seen it a dozen times and I enjoy it big time every time I see it. I have a German (and English) DVD – I have recorded it on German TV years ago on VHS and I’ve seen it on the big screen a few times -  and I can tell you – it works ok with the German dubbing… I mean they don’t speak too much in it anyway! If I find the DVD here in Oldenburg, I bring it to LA… but it might be in Berlin.

See you tomorrow!!

Torsten"

Anxious to see if he found the copy, and I'll ask what he thought of the voice selections.
Christoph
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

Thanks for this thread, first time I've seen the movie and I was quite impressed by the overall mood of it. I didn't realize it was Idle's dub voice though :D Now I want to watch the original version.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:01:01 AM »

Thanks for this thread, first time I've seen the movie and I was quite impressed by the overall mood of it. I didn't realize it was Idle's dub voice though :D Now I want to watch the original version.

Oh, me too! Cheesy

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »

Anxious to see if he found the copy, and I'll ask what he thought of the voice selections.

I just remembered that in the German dubs of the Beatles movies they gave Ringo the voice of Jerry Lewis... Shocked George had the voice actor that later was the standard voice of Woody Allen, which works well with George. Paul however got the voice actor of Lou Costello, and John's German voice fit the best because that voice actor had that same sarcastic tone to it.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but I thought my post wouldn't be worth starting a new one.

I'm just watching 1975's "Moonrunners", which is the movie that later was re-done as the "Dukes of Hazzard" series. And after even just a couple of minutes, I can't help but see Dennis play the part of Kiel Martin as Bobby Lee Hagg. It would be a perfect fit, although I don't know if he could've done it without some acting lessons as it required a lot more work of him than TLB. Man, it's sad that he never did another role.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:34:31 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 07:15:34 AM »

Yes, Dennis could have been a good actor.
But at least he wasn't in that damn Baywatch episode. Or in Full House.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx