gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 01:39:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keep An Eye On Summer (Piano/Vocal Cover)  (Read 8181 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »

Screwed up halfway through. Damn Brian and his challenging melodies.

https://soundcloud.com/smile-a-d/keep-an-eye-on-summer-beach
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

Your vocals are incredible Shocked Great job!!

Do you have an echo on your vocals? Or is that just reverb? Great effect, regardless.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »

Thanks man! Trying to get used to not relying on pitch correction. No better way to practice than with BW's great melodies.

Here's the effect, it's in Guitar Rig. It's a huge chain of effects that comes together to make a very sweet sound. There's also a very realistic spring reverb in GR.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:12:24 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »

Thanks for the pic! I gotta try and emulate that in Logic. Your vocals and that effect are crazy good.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:18:04 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:41:16 PM by zatch » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »

Super jealous of your falsetto and vocal skills!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »

Thanks for the pic! I gotta try and emulate that in Logic. Your vocals and that effect are crazy good.

No prob. The text is kinda small in the pic, but the preset is called "Fuzz vs Reverse Split". Lotta fun to sing through.

+1 on using GR. Back when I used audacity for my recording, the only fx I used were the built in ones in guitar rig. I actually can't listen to this right now but I loved your PS cover so I'm sure this will great, and the song is one of my favourites.

Nice, thanks man, hope u like it. I worked on this one a bit more. It's interesting, I ran through it a few times and my pitch got better with each take. Also was able to transition into falsetto a lot easier. I'm thinking I gotta warm up more from now on.

I'd been looking for a good spring verb for years. Finally someone put me onto the fact that there's an incredible spring verb in GR. Which I had for years.  LOL
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »

Dude! You should throw some vocals down on this, if you're up for it. Maybe we can turn it into something for the e-collab?
zachrwolfe
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:41:08 PM by zatch » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 06:05:20 AM »

Me too!

Really great job seltaeb, as is the norm from you. I'd be glad to arrange the vocals and/or play and/or sing a part if this turns into an ecollab project. I already sorta have, I'd just have to do them to a new track.

Thanks dude! Would you wanna demo the vocals since you know the arrangement? Then we could assign parts. Not sure if my timing was good enough to do instrumental overdubs on. But we could start from scratch if it's not. I made the file downloadable if you wanna mess with it.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »

Dude! You should throw some vocals down on this, if you're up for it. Maybe we can turn it into something for the e-collab?

I'm down.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »

Really dug it. Very nice vocals.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »

Really dug it. Very nice vocals.

Thanks!

I'd be glad to arrange the vocals and/or play and/or sing a part if this turns into an ecollab project. I already sorta have, I'd just have to do them to a new track.

Hey Zach, I uploaded a wav file with the breakdown edited out, and also the messy stuff at the end taken out. If you wanna work with this:

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/17764921/file.html

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:15:54 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:40:37 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:40:28 PM by zatch » Logged
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »

Sounds great! Damn I could never hit those high notes. Sad
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 05:44:16 AM »

Have to say, this is one of the few things I liked from watching/listening to your music; the subway performances didn't impress me, either (the cover of "December 1963" sounds too nasal for me). That's not to deny your talent, of course (for example, you do excellent mixes of old LQ stuff) - am just not a fan of your voice. This cover, though, is very good. Maybe it's only me but I really think you should make more piano-based covers, it organically fits your vocal. Speaking of which, your "aaaaahhhhh" (but only it) sounds quite like Brian's signature whine. And the idea of ending on a descending line is a nifty touch.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »

Sounds pretty great--one of the better emulations of Brian's falsetto I've heard.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »

Have to say, this is one of the few things I liked from watching/listening to your music; the subway performances didn't impress me, either (the cover of "December 1963" sounds too nasal for me). That's not to deny your talent, of course (for example, you do excellent mixes of old LQ stuff) - am just not a fan of your voice. This cover, though, is very good. Maybe it's only me but I really think you should make more piano-based covers, it organically fits your vocal. Speaking of which, your "aaaaahhhhh" (but only it) sounds quite like Brian's signature whine. And the idea of ending on a descending line is a nifty touch.

Thanks for your comments, and keep shining that bright light of yours on the world!

Sounds great! Damn I could never hit those high notes. Sad

Sounds pretty great--one of the better emulations of Brian's falsetto I've heard.

Thanks guys!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:45:09 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »

Thanks for your comments, and keep shining that bright light of yours on the world!
Do I really need to quote John Cowsill (whose voice I dislike too, btw)? You should grow some thick skin if you wanna stay long in music world or any show business, and deal with the fact that people might not like your singing or whatever. Usually, when I don't like sth., I don't comment on his/her stuff; the reason why I chose this cover to post in because simply I liked it (hence your thanks)! So you could've just ignored my other "negative" comment & concentrate on good, it ain't difficult. Plus you already have your bunch of (Smiley) followers.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:29:13 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
egon spengler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »

No need for all the negativity. seltaeb is probably as commercially successful as anyone who posts here, so I'm sure his skin is plenty thick. Anyway, a backhanded compliment deserves a mildly snarky reply, no?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx