-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  where would we all be if not for 'smiley smile' board?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: where would we all be if not for 'smiley smile' board?  (Read 15070 times)
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2013, 08:15:05 AM »

I dread even thinking about non-existence of Smiley Smile board. People of it are my friends, all of them. That said, without being aware of this place, I lived fine. Only with less musical view/knowledge of 60s-70s stuff.

Thumbs Up

Exactly.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2013, 09:00:23 AM »

Make an ODD FUTURE board.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »

I'd probably be uncovering a fucking cornfield or something.

Ah, I see what you did there. Droll, most droll. I am diverted.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »

We can't all be as effortlessly unfunny as you, dear sir. Some of us have to work at it!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:15:44 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:07 PM »

Pumping gas in Hawthorne.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »

Stalking Mike Love.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »

Is there something like a Smiley Smile Facebook group? [And I don't mean the collectors exchange]

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »

We can't all be as effortlessly unfunny as you, dear sir. Some of us have to work at it!

Consider yourself zinged, dear Andrew.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

"Where would we all be if not for 'smiley smile' board"? I don't know. Out somewhere being productive members of society?

Nah....probably not.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »

I would much prefer if the Smiley board didn't exist and the Cabinessence board still did ... this is a pale shadow of the original.
What was that like?

It was back when message boards had "magic", when fans who weren't inner circle suddenly had global contacts and became a circle. You suddenly found that you weren't alone in loving the band. You found yourself snail mailing CDRs around the planet with other BB/BW fans. Discussions were wide eyed and wonderful, everyday was a learning experience. The guy who ran it (Mike Wheeler) did a great job and created a great resource in the Cabinessence website - it remains pickled in time these days as http://www.surfermoon.com/

The problem these days is that message nazi protocols and fascist moderators rule the roost (perhaps with good reason but with little tact). Too many of the topics are retreads of sooooo many that have gone before - boring! I find it rare these days if a get past the first few posts of a thread. Every now and then something perks my interest and that's a good thing and ultimately makes this board an important (and relevant) resource.
You've got a point. Too bad I never experienced it.
But this forum has definitely stagnated in my opinion. The only thing really going for it is the Beach Boys survivor rounds.
Other than that, it's stagnated.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »

Consider yourself zinged, dear Andrew.

That was a zinger ? Gee, standards are slipping around here.  Smiley

But this forum has definitely stagnated in my opinion. The only thing really going for it is the Beach Boys survivor rounds.
Other than that, it's stagnated.

With all due respect - and I mean that - you've been here about four months and not experienced the ebb and flow. The next major release/tour/interview will perk it up some and with the forum cleansed of disrupting influences, the discussion will be less fragmented. Yes, of course it's not what it was - nothing ever is, that's a function of time and human memory - but it still beats whatever's in second place.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:41:36 AM by A. Grayham Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2013, 04:09:09 AM »

Fours months is a little too short for burnout. It's taken me 3 and a half years to reach the point where I've realised that there is a finite amount of discussion you can have based around The Beach Boys. Also in that time my musical tastes have exploded into other areas and these days, in many ways I find The Hoffman Board to be of more interest to me. But I haven't built up the rapport over there that I have with some posters on here. Ideally I'd like you guys to all join a Frank Zappa board as the ones I've looked into are as dry as a bone.
Anyway as AGD pointed out there's always something waiting around the corner to spark the board back to life, just when the Mike is/isn't a c*** or "What if Smile had blah blah" tedium reaches it's zenith. Stick around kid.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »

COMMENT:

If you have smileysmile.net in your "favorites" or earmarked/bookmarked for easy access, then this website has meaning in your life, as it does in mine.

Whether you just read or are a poster I'm certain we can all agree that our lives and BB fandom is greatly enhanced through our association with this website.

If these words ring true with you, may I be so bold to ask you to please join me and, once in a while, visit that yellow DONATE button above to support this website with a little practical endorsement. Even just a few dollars, when multiplied by many, will help keep smileysmile.net on the air. You'll feel better too.

If you already visit the yellow button now and then, thanks for helping keep this website for us all the enjoy! 
  ~swd  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:19:11 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: