-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  FOTM's Life Updates
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FOTM's Life Updates  (Read 3464 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »

Hey just felt like sharing my little journey here since it's confusing for me and I think typing it will help me think.
I'm having really bad stomach fatigue and headaches... Now the weirder part is, I'm starting to notice mood changes.

Here's an example;
I have a female friend who friendzoned my "feelings" and every day I see her and some guy being all romantic

Now before, I'd feel upset, like actually feel it, I'd feel heavy, my chest got right, I'd kinda be "drooping" and is just feel "down"

But now, I literally feel nothing. Which sounds like a miracle, but it's really weird. I mean, I still think sadness, it's still in my head, but I just can't "feel" it anymore, it's a major disconnect.

So take that as a positive or negitive, I have no emotions now :/

I'm also noticing that I'm getting really hyper A LOT. Like, jump around and hug people hyper. It's really weird, I mean I'm not generally a quiet guy, but from what I'm noticing afterwards, I'm getting really worked up.
Today I actually recorded a Heroes and Villians cover where I was SCREAMING and just playing random stuff, it was actually a little scary to go back and listen to... (I salvaged it, coming soon Razz)

On the up side, I was feeling very guilty about stuff and that's basically gone, which is a really great thing. My major concern now is that it's not even fully working yet, and it's basically either making me feel nothing or making me feel an extreme, like right now, typing this long thing, is more like my old depression and that's pretty weird since I don't feel anything anymore :/

Oh, and it's kinda midnight and I can't sleep Razz

Well hey, hopefully this is at least an interesting read, I'm pretty good about noticing this kind of stuff, considering I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and obsession Razz
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:53:04 PM by FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salulation) » Logged

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

Ah, Americans and overmedication.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »

I just love how with the small amount of information you have you can assume I was over medicated.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:50:42 PM by FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salulation) » Logged

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

I am very anti-medication. Messes up your brain from what I have read and you are not able to feel real feelings after a while.

I'd say most people are somewhat confused/depressed from around 13 - 26, when you get older it gets better. So don't despair, it will get better.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »

Apparently the happiest times of your life are ages 23, where optimism is at it's peak, and 76.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:40:15 PM »

I agree, and my family is as well, it's just that I was getting to the point where I wasn't even controlling myself sometimes.
We weren't even going to do medication, but after a third doctor said I NEEDED it, it was different.

I know a few people here are on these kinds of medications, it's different when you actually need them, it can look different looking in as apposed to looking out.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »

It may be a placebo effect after just a few days as it should take 2 weeks or more to start to work as far as I know. Good luck with it!

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »

I am very anti-medication. Messes up your brain from what I have read and you are not able to feel real feelings after a while.

I'd say most people are somewhat confused/depressed from around 13 - 26, when you get older it gets better. So don't despair, it will get better.

First sentence doesn't relate to anti depressants.

Second sentence probably has some truth but of course for some people the need to use meds continues throughout life

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »

I just love how with the small amount of information you have you can assume I was over medicated.

Ahh, the British and their assumptions...

I think Sloop is French.

I often wish I could feel nothing.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

Neither of these are true for every single person, though.

Apparently the happiest times of your life are ages 23, where optimism is at it's peak, and 76.

I'm screwed Cry

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »

Don't worry, the decline from 23 to 50 is slow. Then you start to rise again  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:49:13 PM by Woodstock » Logged

rogerlancelot
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:08 PM »

I feel rather gassy and my wig is too tight.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »

I feel rather gassy and my wig is too tight.

I apologize. This was supposed to be posted in the Runners' thread. Pay no mind to it here.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 02:13:36 PM »

Here, almost no-one will prescribe substances for depressed/anxious/whatever teenagers. Because that's what teenagers are. American doctors think they must cure everything, even things that aren't actually illnesses. Maybe they wouldn't do that if they didn't get so many benefits from pharmaceutical companies.

I also love how you assumed I was British with absolutely no information at all
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:14:33 PM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: