gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:53:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitter Patter  (Read 2131 times)
Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Just a quickie, is it Al singing falsetto on this?
zachrwolfe
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:41:39 PM by zatch » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »

Maybe it's Carl then. (For a moment I thought Bruce but remembered quickly he wasn't in the band at the time.)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

I couldn't solve this riddle for awhile but after countless replays, I'm sure it's Brian. Some soaring element on that falsetto.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »

This is from memory Huh but I think in the Our Team video/documentary, there is a short snippet of the guys singing "Pitter Patter", specifically the harmonies, and maybe by studying that video you could figure out the parts. Now, the problem is finding that part /video to watch it!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »

I can barely pick out any Beach Boys on harmonies all through MIU. Who the hell is that? Like, who's doing the "COME COME A-COME-A, A-COME OUT TANAAAGHT" in "Wontcha Come Out Tonight?" Who does the "Hawaii" callback on the chorus of "Kona Coast"? That ain't Brian Wilson.

As for "Pitter Patter", it occasionally sounds like Brian and occasionally sounds nothing like him, I'm not entirely sure. The chorus about 2:10 sounds just like Brian (and maybe someone doubling him), the ones before it almost sound like it could be Brian and someone else at the same time (or possibly not Brian at all). Again, the harmonies on this album just confuse the hell out of me outside of a few songs. The day I finally heard Carl on "She's Got Rhythm" (after a few years of listening) felt nice because hey, there's a real distinguishable Beach Boy on the backing vocal and hey again, it's the then-elusive Carl Wilson!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:29:25 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »

I can barely pick out any Beach Boys on harmonies all through MIU. Who the hell is that? Like, who's doing the "COME COME A-COME-A, A-COME OUT TANAAAGHT" in "Wontcha Come Out Tonight?" Who does the "Hawaii" callback on the chorus of "Kona Coast"? That ain't Brian Wilson.

As for "Pitter Patter", it occasionally sounds like Brian and occasionally sounds nothing like him, I'm not entirely sure. The chorus about 2:10 sounds just like Brian (and maybe someone doubling him), the ones before it almost sound like it could be Brian and someone else at the same time (or possibly not Brian at all). Again, the harmonies on this album just confuse the hell out of me outside of a few songs. The day I finally heard Carl on "She's Got Rhythm" (after a few years of listening) felt nice because hey, there's a real distinguishable Beach Boy on the backing vocal and hey again, it's the then-elusive Carl Wilson!

Again, going back to the Our Team documentary.....on a couple of the segments, specifically "Mike Come Back To L.A." and "Our Team", there are people all over the place! I seem to recall seeing - and don't hold me to it - in addition to The Beach Boys, Marilyn, Diane, Billy Hinsche(?), and even Rocky Pamplin. So, there is a good chance the harmony blend was (cough) compromised a bit.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »

Just a quickie, is it Al singing falsetto on this?

Sounds like Brian to me.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure that part in "Kona Coast" IS Brian Wilson.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »

Really? The phrasing and tone are way off.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »

I'm pretty sure that part in "Kona Coast" IS Brian Wilson.

I think it's Al - maybe with Brian, it's several voices in harmony.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx